• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Few can beat Johnny Buckland from Coldplay

There's only one Benjamin Weinman, just look at that moustache, that is enough to know he's the GOAT

P2T1Sh3.jpg

WJD

Radiohead at Leeds and Foo Fighters at Wembley are probably the best gigs I've ever been to.

Yeah, I'm mainstream. What of it.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Radiohead at Leeds and Foo Fighters at Wembley are probably the best gigs I've ever been to.

Yeah, I'm mainstream. What of it.

I only got into Radiohead last year after years of disliking their stuff, their first few albums are some of the best ive heard now.

Arnie

Bright Eyes at Glastonbury or Limp Bizkit at Leeds were some of my favourite festival gigs.

or

dare I say it

Lostprophets at Leeds

(can I admit that)

Bright Eyes at Glastonbury or Limp Bizkit at Leeds were some of my favourite festival gigs.

or

dare I say it

Lostprophets at Leeds

(can I admit that)

I watched lostprophets warm up to metallica and it was truly one of the worst performances I've ever seen, it didn't get better when you learnt 5 years later that he fucked babbies.

Arnie

Tell me he's faster than Sanchez
Tell me he's more muscular than Shaqiri
Tell me he's younger than Shaw
Tell me he's got more children than Sterling
Tell me he's got more magic than Suarez
Tell me he's blacker than Sakho
Tell me he's balder than Skrtel
Tell me he's got better hair than Suso
Tell me he's a dancer like Sturridge
Tell me he's got tears from Lambda

I'm delving in.

Arnie

Interesting.
What did they play?
All of the good stuff.

Although this was pre-Gold Cobra, so yea, all of the good stuff.
you filthy pseudo-paedo

a psaedo, if you will.
:lol christ
I watched lostprophets warm up to metallica and it was truly one of the worst performances I've ever seen, it didn't get better when you learnt 5 years later that he fucked babbies.
I loved it.

Ended up inadvertently decking some girl with my industrial-strength wellies whilst crowd-surfing, though.

Felt guilty for like 10 good minutes.

Linius

Gigs

AC/DC | |Anastacia | Angus Stone | Anouk (5×) | Arcade Fire (2×) | ARCTIC MONKEYS (3×) | Atoms for Peace | Beach House | Beady Eye | Bettie Serveert | The Black Crowes | The Black Keys | Bon Iver | Boris | Built To Spill | CHVRCHES | Cloud Control | Cloud Nothings | Coldplay (2×) | Daryll-Ann | Dave Matthews Band | Delicate Steve | dEUS (2×) | Dinosaur Jr. | Doe Maar (2×) | Ducktails | Dream Theater | Fleet Foxes | Franz Ferdinand | Genesis | Girls | Glen Hansard | Go Back To The Zoo (2×) | Golden Earring | Gorillaz | Grizzly Bear | Howler | I Break Horses | Ilse DeLange (2×) | Islet | Jack White | De Jeugd Van Tegenwoordig | John Mayer | Kaiser Chiefs | Kane (6×) | Kasabian | Keane | The Killers | The Kooks | Lenny Kravitz (2×) | Leonard Cohen | Local Natives | Manic Street Preachers | Marco Borsato (& Friends) (6×) | Miles Kane | Moke | Moss | Muse | The National | Neil Young & Crazy Horse | New Kids On The Block | Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds | Noah And The Whale | Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds | Opgezwolle | The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart | Parquet Courts | PAUL McCARTNEY | Pavement | Pearl Jam | Peter, Bjorn and John | Pixies | Placebo | RADIOHEAD | Real Estate (2×) | Red Hot Chili Peppers (2×) | Rigby (2×) | Roger Waters | Savages | Seasick Steve | The Shins | Sigur Rós | Simple Minds | The Specials | Spoon | Stereophonics | Sticks en Delic (2×) | Tame Impala | Tennis | Thee Oh Sees | U2 (2× ) | Vampire Weekend | Vanvelzen | Veronica Falls | The Walkmen | Wilco | The Wombats | The xx | Yo La Tengo | ZZ Top |

Warm Up gigs

Alberta Cross | Andy Burrows | Austra | Band of Skulls | Belakiss | The Black Box Revelation (2×) | The Bohemes | Caribou | Cheatahs | Cloud Control | The Cribs | Danananakroyd | The Deaf | De La Soul | Eagles Of Death Metal | The Electric Soft Parade | Emeli Sandé | Exlovers | Fan Death | Femi Kuti | Figurines | First Aid Kit | Holy Other | The Horse Company | Intergalactic Lovers | Kyteman's Hiphop Orkest | Lisa Loïs (2×) | Lisa Hannigan | Little Dragon | Louis XIV | Lola Kite | The Madd | Mazes | The Medics | Ms. Montreal | The Moons | Mount Kimbie | Okta Logue | OMD | Owen Pallett | Postman | Qeaux Qeaux Joans | Rats on Rafts | Rigby | Sarah Blasko | Scarlett O'Hanna | Silversun Pickups | Snow Patrol (2×) | Spectrals (2×) | De Staat | Stereo (2×) | The Strypes | This Is the Kit | Union Starr | Vanvelzen | Vetiver | Villagers | Viva Brother | Voict | White Lies | Yuck | Zo Moeilijk |

Festivals

Beatstad 2008 (Live, De Dijk, All Missing Pieces, Within Temptation, Leaf) | Beatstad 2009 (Keane, Vanvelzen, Rigby, Alain Clark, Stereo, Ms. Montreal) | Serious Talents On Tour 2011 (The Hype, The Handsome Poets, Chef's Special) | Lowlands 2011 (The Horrors, Miles Kane, dEUS, Arctic Monkeys, Young The Giant, The Handsome Poets, Seasick Steve, Selah Sue, Elbow, De Staat, The Roots, Skunk Anansie, Interpol, Beady Eye, Aphex Twin) | Pinkpop 2012 (Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band, The Cure, Moss, Anouk, Racoon, The Kyteman Orchestra, Keane, Seasick Steve, The Specials, Mumford & Sons) | Rockin' Park 2012 (Rams' Pocket Radio, De Staat, Flogging Molly, dEUS, Elbow, Snow Patrol) | Lowlands 2012 (Cloud Nothings, White Rabbits, tUnE-yArDs, The Antlers, Bloc Party, The Black Keys, Alt-J, Two Door Cinema Club, Kasabian, Triggerfinger, The Walkmen, Boy & Bear, Orgelvreten, Alborosie & Shengen Clan + Ikaya, Mark Lanegan Band, The Cribs, Wilco) | Rock en Seine 2012 (Billy Talent, The Asteroids Galaxy Tour, The Shins, Bloc Party, Placebo, Of Monsters and Men, Maxïmo Park, dEUS, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, The Black Seeds, Bombay Bicycle Club, The Waterboys, Granddady, Foster the People, Dope D.O.D.) | Where the Wild Things Are 2013 (Temples, Villagers, Balthazar, Melody's Echo Chamber, Jake Bugg, Local Natives, Of Monsters and Men, Anne Soldaat, FIDLAR, I Am Kloot) | Le Guess Who? May Day 2013 (Merchandise, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Deerhunter) | Best Kept Secret 2013 (Surfer Blood, Splashh, Arctic Monkeys, Kashmir, Mozes and the First Born, Anges Obel, Balthazar, Allah-Las, Wavves, Alt-J, Temples, Mikhael Paskalev, Local Natives, Suuns, Portishead, Sigur Rós) | Rock Werchter 2013 (Palma Violets, The Black Angels, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Vampire Weekend, The National, Sigur Rós, The Bots, Two Door Cinema Club, The Hives, The Script, Phoenix, Kings of Leon, Blur, The Van Jets, Graveyard, Stereophonics, Kendrick Lamar, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, James Blake, Frank Ocean, Youth Lagoon, Gogol Bordello, Band of Horses, Thirty Seconds To Mars, Depeche Mode, Editors) | TW Classic 2013 (Balthazar, Blondie, Ben Harper & Charlie Musslewhite, Santana, Keane, Bruce Spingsteen and the E-Street Band) | Lowlands 2013 (The Joy Formidable, Tame Impala, Biffy Clyro, Mikal Cronin, Mister and Mississippi, Great Minds, Mount Kimbie, Michael Kiwanuka, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Chase & Status, Editors, Jacco Gardner, NJO Reich Ensemble, Frightened Rabbit, Alabama Shakes, Franz Ferdinand, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds) | Rock en Seine 2013 (Savages, Belle & Sebastian, Tame Impala, Franz Ferdinand, Hanni El Kathib, J.C. Satan, Hola A Todo El Mundo, Wavves, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Nine Inch Nails, Phoenix, Eels, Parquet Courts, CHVRCHES) | Le Guess Who? May Day 2014 (together PANGEA sessie, Black Lips sessie, Hiss Golden Messenger sessie, Hallo Venray, The War On Drugs, Neutral Milk Hotel) | Best Kept Secret 2014 (Cosmonauts, Peter Matthew Bauer, Midlake, Breton, Interpol, Pixies, Archie Bronson Outfit, Amatorski, Nils Frahm, Mogwai, Wild Beasts, Slowdive, Babyshambles, The War on Drugs, together PANGEA, Night Beats, Childhood, Fucked Up, Elephant Stone, The Horrors, The Notwist, Belle & Sebastian, Elbow) | Down The Rabbit Hole 2014 (De Staat, The Soft Moon, Damon Albarn, James Vincent McMorrow, Dewolff, The Veils, Electric Eye, Half Moon Run, Hallo Venray, Balthazar, Parquet Courts, The Black Keys, Taymir, Admiral Freebee, Hozier, Warpaint, Polica, MGMT, Foals) |

This is what I've seen over the years. Nick Cave, Neil Young, Radiohead, Bruce Springsteen, Portishead, Interpol, The National, Arctic Monkeys, Leonard Cohen, Atoms For Peace, Opgezwolle, Slowdive and Grizzly Bear are amongst my favourites.

Arnie

fucking hell Linius it's only music

O baby. Arnie is a Bright Eyes fan. Get in.
GOAT

Listened to them daily from the age of 15-17.

At Glasto a few years back it was drizzling, I was in a free poncho, and I'd had six of those Strawberry Brothers Ciders.

I was fucking grinning from arse to elbow.

Bellowing along to the grey heavens.

It was everything in one moment.

Blablurn

Gigs

AC/DC | |Anastacia | Angus Stone | Anouk (5×) | Arcade Fire (2×) | ARCTIC MONKEYS (3×) | Atoms for Peace | Beach House | Beady Eye | Bettie Serveert | The Black Crowes | The Black Keys | Bon Iver | Boris | Built To Spill | CHVRCHES | Cloud Control | Cloud Nothings | Coldplay (2×) | Daryll-Ann | Dave Matthews Band | Delicate Steve | dEUS (2×) | Dinosaur Jr. | Doe Maar (2×) | Ducktails | Dream Theater | Fleet Foxes | Franz Ferdinand | Genesis | Girls | Glen Hansard | Go Back To The Zoo (2×) | Golden Earring | Gorillaz | Grizzly Bear | Howler | I Break Horses | Ilse DeLange (2×) | Islet | Jack White | De Jeugd Van Tegenwoordig | John Mayer | Kaiser Chiefs | Kane (6×) | Kasabian | Keane | The Killers | The Kooks | Lenny Kravitz (2×) | Leonard Cohen | Local Natives | Manic Street Preachers | Marco Borsato (& Friends) (6×) | Miles Kane | Moke | Moss | Muse | The National | Neil Young & Crazy Horse | New Kids On The Block | Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds | Noah And The Whale | Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds | Opgezwolle | The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart | Parquet Courts | PAUL McCARTNEY | Pavement | Pearl Jam | Peter, Bjorn and John | Pixies | Placebo | RADIOHEAD | Real Estate (2×) | Red Hot Chili Peppers (2×) | Rigby (2×) | Roger Waters | Savages | Seasick Steve | The Shins | Sigur Rós | Simple Minds | The Specials | Spoon | Stereophonics | Sticks en Delic (2×) | Tame Impala | Tennis | Thee Oh Sees | U2 (2× ) | Vampire Weekend | Vanvelzen | Veronica Falls | The Walkmen | Wilco | The Wombats | The xx | Yo La Tengo | ZZ Top |

Warm Up gigs

Alberta Cross | Andy Burrows | Austra | Band of Skulls | Belakiss | The Black Box Revelation (2×) | The Bohemes | Caribou | Cheatahs | Cloud Control | The Cribs | Danananakroyd | The Deaf | De La Soul | Eagles Of Death Metal | The Electric Soft Parade | Emeli Sandé | Exlovers | Fan Death | Femi Kuti | Figurines | First Aid Kit | Holy Other | The Horse Company | Intergalactic Lovers | Kyteman's Hiphop Orkest | Lisa Loïs (2×) | Lisa Hannigan | Little Dragon | Louis XIV | Lola Kite | The Madd | Mazes | The Medics | Ms. Montreal | The Moons | Mount Kimbie | Okta Logue | OMD | Owen Pallett | Postman | Qeaux Qeaux Joans | Rats on Rafts | Rigby | Sarah Blasko | Scarlett O'Hanna | Silversun Pickups | Snow Patrol (2×) | Spectrals (2×) | De Staat | Stereo (2×) | The Strypes | This Is the Kit | Union Starr | Vanvelzen | Vetiver | Villagers | Viva Brother | Voict | White Lies | Yuck | Zo Moeilijk |

Festivals

Beatstad 2008 (Live, De Dijk, All Missing Pieces, Within Temptation, Leaf) | Beatstad 2009 (Keane, Vanvelzen, Rigby, Alain Clark, Stereo, Ms. Montreal) | Serious Talents On Tour 2011 (The Hype, The Handsome Poets, Chef's Special) | Lowlands 2011 (The Horrors, Miles Kane, dEUS, Arctic Monkeys, Young The Giant, The Handsome Poets, Seasick Steve, Selah Sue, Elbow, De Staat, The Roots, Skunk Anansie, Interpol, Beady Eye, Aphex Twin) | Pinkpop 2012 (Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band, The Cure, Moss, Anouk, Racoon, The Kyteman Orchestra, Keane, Seasick Steve, The Specials, Mumford & Sons) | Rockin' Park 2012 (Rams' Pocket Radio, De Staat, Flogging Molly, dEUS, Elbow, Snow Patrol) | Lowlands 2012 (Cloud Nothings, White Rabbits, tUnE-yArDs, The Antlers, Bloc Party, The Black Keys, Alt-J, Two Door Cinema Club, Kasabian, Triggerfinger, The Walkmen, Boy & Bear, Orgelvreten, Alborosie & Shengen Clan + Ikaya, Mark Lanegan Band, The Cribs, Wilco) | Rock en Seine 2012 (Billy Talent, The Asteroids Galaxy Tour, The Shins, Bloc Party, Placebo, Of Monsters and Men, Maxïmo Park, dEUS, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, The Black Seeds, Bombay Bicycle Club, The Waterboys, Granddady, Foster the People, Dope D.O.D.) | Where the Wild Things Are 2013 (Temples, Villagers, Balthazar, Melody's Echo Chamber, Jake Bugg, Local Natives, Of Monsters and Men, Anne Soldaat, FIDLAR, I Am Kloot) | Le Guess Who? May Day 2013 (Merchandise, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Deerhunter) | Best Kept Secret 2013 (Surfer Blood, Splashh, Arctic Monkeys, Kashmir, Mozes and the First Born, Anges Obel, Balthazar, Allah-Las, Wavves, Alt-J, Temples, Mikhael Paskalev, Local Natives, Suuns, Portishead, Sigur Rós) | Rock Werchter 2013 (Palma Violets, The Black Angels, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Vampire Weekend, The National, Sigur Rós, The Bots, Two Door Cinema Club, The Hives, The Script, Phoenix, Kings of Leon, Blur, The Van Jets, Graveyard, Stereophonics, Kendrick Lamar, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, James Blake, Frank Ocean, Youth Lagoon, Gogol Bordello, Band of Horses, Thirty Seconds To Mars, Depeche Mode, Editors) | TW Classic 2013 (Balthazar, Blondie, Ben Harper & Charlie Musslewhite, Santana, Keane, Bruce Spingsteen and the E-Street Band) | Lowlands 2013 (The Joy Formidable, Tame Impala, Biffy Clyro, Mikal Cronin, Mister and Mississippi, Great Minds, Mount Kimbie, Michael Kiwanuka, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Chase & Status, Editors, Jacco Gardner, NJO Reich Ensemble, Frightened Rabbit, Alabama Shakes, Franz Ferdinand, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds) | Rock en Seine 2013 (Savages, Belle & Sebastian, Tame Impala, Franz Ferdinand, Hanni El Kathib, J.C. Satan, Hola A Todo El Mundo, Wavves, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Nine Inch Nails, Phoenix, Eels, Parquet Courts, CHVRCHES) | Le Guess Who? May Day 2014 (together PANGEA sessie, Black Lips sessie, Hiss Golden Messenger sessie, Hallo Venray, The War On Drugs, Neutral Milk Hotel) | Best Kept Secret 2014 (Cosmonauts, Peter Matthew Bauer, Midlake, Breton, Interpol, Pixies, Archie Bronson Outfit, Amatorski, Nils Frahm, Mogwai, Wild Beasts, Slowdive, Babyshambles, The War on Drugs, together PANGEA, Night Beats, Childhood, Fucked Up, Elephant Stone, The Horrors, The Notwist, Belle & Sebastian, Elbow) | Down The Rabbit Hole 2014 (De Staat, The Soft Moon, Damon Albarn, James Vincent McMorrow, Dewolff, The Veils, Electric Eye, Half Moon Run, Hallo Venray, Balthazar, Parquet Courts, The Black Keys, Taymir, Admiral Freebee, Hozier, Warpaint, Polica, MGMT, Foals) |

This is what I've seen over the years. Nick Cave, Neil Young, Radiohead, Bruce Springsteen, Portishead, Interpol, The National, Arctic Monkeys, Leonard Cohen, Atoms For Peace, Opgezwolle, Slowdive and Grizzly Bear are amongst my favourites.

tumblr_n5ru22Mkis1sqalhbo1_250.gif

Gigs

Warm Up gigs

Festivals

i dont mind sharing my spotify with you

Mr Cola

Watched Monsters University last night, solid film, but didnt have any heart, it was like a pixar film not made by pixar, funny but flawed.

L1NETT

I have a PS4 but only mediocre games. What did I do???

Open Steam

---> XCOM: Enemy Unknown ---> buy

Flawless victory

----

Also, ta again Bungie for Valiant Hearts. Cracking little game, when the price drops recommend yous all check it out

If it hadn't been for the stupid Baron storyline would have been a GOAT game. Parts of it are staggeringly good.

Watched Monsters University last night, solid film, but didnt have any heart, it was like a pixar film not made by pixar, funny but flawed.

You are probably waiting for Monsters vs Aliens vs Predator :p

Gigs

Warm Up gigs

Festivals

it2eQWy7P5rz3.gif

I don't keep track of concerts I've been to.

Mr Cola

Open Steam

Flawless victory

----

Also, ta again Bungie for Valiant Hearts. Cracking little game, when the price drops recommend yous all check it out

If it hadn't been for the stupid Baron storyline would have been a GOAT game. Parts of it are staggeringly good.

You telling me you wouldnt watch a Pixar Aliens film?

I think we all would.

Arnie

I have a PS4 but only mediocre games. What did I do???
Same.

When Wolfenstein and Watch Dogs go sub-£20 I'll buy.

Should get a copy of TLoU later this month which is still GOAT.
the market is fucked

TwXEscw.png
That's not how the market works, Bla.

Inflation, innit.

Especially within the Premier League clubs. We have cash coming out of every fucking orifice and all other clubs know it. It's scaling relatively. Add English tax and the Shaw and Lallana deals are perfectly plausible.

It's only going up, just best not to compare it to a transfer from four years ago.

Blablurn

Buy Akiba's Trip, Yakuza Ishin and Totemo ii mahjong.

i dont speak japanese :/

Open Steam

Flawless victory

----

i wanted to get away from steam :/

all i did this weekend was playing football manager though lol

SAFC is not Southampton.

And, for clarity's sake, SAFC do not have huge debt.

Fixed to Southampton FC

Here is the article:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26813363

New Southampton director Hans Hofstetter says the club's board has inherited a "difficult financial situation".

Hofstetter spoke as Southampton published their annual results for the year ending 30 June 2013 - their first back in the Premier League.

The club posted a net loss of £7.1m and will enter the summer window owing £27m in outstanding transfer fees.

A bill in excess of £30m is also pending for their new training ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom