• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Really hope we aren't actually giving Keith Treacy a trial :/

Talented aye, but don't want no fat slacker clogging up our wage bill

Feorax

Liverpool-GAF should read IBWM's entry on Markovic.

He sounds wonderful.

My only concern is the timing of the deal. Him coming in and showing a bit of promise just after Suarez leaves might mean we expect too much of him whilst he's still developing.

It's another reason I'd quite like us to go for a big name attacker that's already close to their peak and ready to hit the ground running. It would take a lot of the attention and scrutiny off some players who really could do without it whilst they're developing.

He sounds wonderful.

My only concern is the timing of the deal. Him coming in and showing a bit of promise just after Suarez leaves might mean we expect too much of him whilst he's still developing.

It's another reason I'd quite like us to go for a big name attacker that's already close to their peak and ready to hit the ground running. It would take a lot of the attention and scrutiny off some players who really could do without it whilst they're developing.

You just bought 26 year old England ace Adam Lallana for £25 million m8.

Feorax

You just bought 26 year old England ace Adam Lallana for £25 million m8.

Yeah, but we know how that's going to end...

He was coming in anyway. I can't see him being the one to take Suarez' place in the team, whereas Markovic might be the one thrown in there if you see what I mean.

Linius

FIFA is so unfair some times. I could just taste that winning goal but in the end it's me going down 2-1 thanks one lucky trough ball to that fucker Milito. INTER MERDA

King_Moc

Banned
He sounds wonderful.

It never hurt Aquilani when he was supposed to replace Alonso...

omgkitty

Well now with Madrid saying Khedira isn't for sale unless someone offers 40m makes sense of the papers saying we're after Bender now. Good. I'd rather have Bender.

Feorax

It never hurt Aquilani when he was supposed to replace Alonso...

Lots of things hurt Aquilani.

Everything hurt fucking Aquilani

I like that Suarez has been removed from pretty much everything to do with the third kit. He's not even in the behind the scenes promotional video. I guess the deal must be really far down the line.

subtles

I want a PM from Lambda apologizing if the Marković deal goes through.

I told him a few months ago but he thought of me as naught more than a delusional Kopite.

---

Has anyone in San Francisco tried Lyft? Seems pretty interesting.

Marc

Someone needs a right kicking for that Liverpool kit, what a piece of shit.

New member? Welcome!

I've read on twitter Courtois may be going to Chelsea! I love it, but I don't think Cech is done yet

image.php

That reveal vid is pretty cool, they manage to make the shirt look not so shitty.

I can't shake the feeling Utd are getting a bit of their aura back, but we'll see. I reckon back in European football 15/16.

+ Kitbag are good. Ordered from them twice.

Jarnet87

New kit is w/e. It's no 06-07 kit.

06-08%2520man%2520utd%2520home.gif

This was a kit of promise and exciting football, a kit of hope and things to look forward to. Then we came out in 07-08 with that badass simple kit and said let our play do the talking.

New MU kit looks ok. I really don't give a shit about the gold logo as long as the money* goes towards new signins.

whatever our Glazer overlords trickle down to the club

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Nah, spending the year trying to get loads of placements/work experience and make myself employable as fuck for when the next round of grad jobs/schemes come out!

:lol I spent a year just fucking around after graduating

like, literally. I did fuck all except for fucking, eating and shitting.

best time of my life.

but don't do that

LTWheels

@LFC: Brendan Rodgers has just led out the players amid bright sunshine at Melwood and #LFC's pre-season preparations are officially underway.

I'm actually looking forward to it. The home kit is pretty nice.

I heart Nike. Still remember getting the first away kit with Wright on the back for my 7th birthday in 94.
Was later a depressing day when Italy got beat by Ireland, the other 50% of my blood.

Screw Puma.

Barzul

I heart Nike. Still remember getting the first away kit with Wright on the back for my 7th birthday in 94.
Was later a depressing day when Italy got beat by Ireland, the other 50% of my blood.

Screw Puma.

Well Nike didn't want to pay up so I'll live with Puma. Nike do have way better designs.

WJD

:lol I spent a year just fucking around after graduating

like, literally. I did fuck all except for fucking, eating and shitting.

best time of my life.

but don't do that

Maybe I should!

I mean, you landed on both feet right?

@LFC: Brendan Rodgers has just led out the players amid bright sunshine at Melwood and #LFC's pre-season preparations are officially underway.

#startofanera
#joinLFC
#YNWA

Who will be the face of LFC when Gerrard retires? He's our only icon when Suarez leaves. And it can't be Flanagan. Maybe Sturridge if he carries on being such a boss

Well Nike didn't want to pay up so I'll live with Puma. Nike do have way better designs.

Of course Nike didn't want to pay up. We had shown no reason in the past decade to make them think we were worth a huge investment. We got a great deal compared to our previous one, but had we been winning we could of added so much more to the value of the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom