• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it's not that weird. I support Arsenal because Patrick Vieira was on the cover of FIFA for the PSP and at the time I thought it was Thierry Henry. Basically I just chose Arsenal to play with knowing nothing about football, and started banging them in with Thierry Henry and I just assumed that's who was on the cover. Been an Arsenal fan ever since. True story.

Similar story. I was 7 or 8, my mom worked in London for 6 months. She brought home an arsenal beanie for my birthday. Ever since I played fifa using arsenal. They were my team. End of Story.

3Sixty

2ED5B88772D047FB953B5A77862638F6.ashx

:lol

Such a shoddy photoshop.

United pls

pulga

Banned
If Kroos goes to Madrid, it shows that it's all about the money. Bayern is the hottest team in Europe. But I guess he needs people who pat this head and tell him he did a good job lol.

There was an interview where he demanded more respect for his actions.

Kroos pls.

Just go. You will end up as a bench warmer in Madrid.

You're not even the hottest team in Deutschland, bae.

iLl26NubASPl5.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Have you seen those graphics? No way in hell I'd be able to tell and this was before I had access to a computer any time I wanted. I did feel pretty stupid once I figured it out a few years later though.

Yesterday I realised that I always get Roy Orbison and Eric Clapton mixed up. I worked this out from the fact that I always get Eric Clapton and Elvis Costello mixed up on account of their initials, and I always get Elvis Costello and Roy Orbison mixed up on account of their glasses.

You could see now where I made the mistake.

omgkitty

Yesterday I realised that I always get Roy Orbison and Eric Clapton mixed up. I worked this out from the fact that I always get Eric Clapton and Elvis Costello mixed up on account of their initials, and I always get Elvis Costello and Roy Orbison mixed up on account of their glasses.

You could see now where I made the mistake.

I don't see how you could confuse any of those people, but that's just me plus I don't listen to any of their music.

Blablurn

Bayern's new player, Juan Bernat, (from Valencia) can be a replacement /stand-in for both Alaba and Ribery. Speed, strong, technique

wedward

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 17m
#AFC close to completing Debuchy & talks ongoing for Sanchez. #LFC unlikely to pursue AS (Suarez set to be straight cash) but Juve very keen

If it is between Juve and Arsenal, Arsenal really should have the upper hand.

If we manage to bungle this one, the club really needs to rethink their strategy because missing out on "sure things" is becoming all too common.

omgkitty

#AFC close to completing Debuchy & talks ongoing for Sanchez. #LFC unlikely to pursue AS (Suarez set to be straight cash) but Juve very keen

If we manage to bungle this one, the club really needs to rethink their strategy because missing out on "sure things" is becoming all too common.

The longer this Sanchez shit goes on, the more nervous I get. We need to pay what Barca wants and wrap this up now.

K1LLER7

Money isn't an issue for Juventus after we buy Vidal.

and has been said many times, player swap deals are rare nowadays so that means little. If we are getting Sanchez it will be a 'seperate' deal.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I guess it's not that weird. I support Arsenal because Patrick Vieira was on the cover of FIFA for the PSP and at the time I thought it was Thierry Henry. Basically I just chose Arsenal to play with knowing nothing about football, and started banging them in with Thierry Henry and I just assumed that's who was on the cover. Been an Arsenal fan ever since. True story.
*feels bad*

Yenrot isn't my brother I LIED :(

inky

Well, not a lot of people will care here most likely, but I'm already dreading to see what Nike does with the Pumas UNAM kit for the new season now that they dropped Puma.

The last time Nike did the shirts they murdered the design so badly
and we didn't get a championship with them
and it took Puma to bring it back to all its glory. God I loved the Centenario shirts so fucking much:

pumasv4jin.jpg

pumas2jtkn0.jpg

The last ones were amazing too, with the logo becoming the shirt. Nike will likely just shrink the unique logo like they did last time and add stripes or some shit =(

Zabojnik

Marotta and Paratici spent the weekend relaxing with their families, while Milan have entered talks with Torino for Cerci. Which basically confirms that we signed Iturbe and will make it official sometime this week. Which in turn means no Sanchez.

Congrats.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Marotta and Paratici spent the weekend relaxing with their families, while Milan have entered talks with Torino for Cerci. Which basically confirms that we signed Iturbe and will make it official sometime this week. Which in turn means no Sanchez.

Congrats.
He'll be announced on Wednesday apparently

im so exited yayz

Well, not a lot of people will care here most likely, but I'm already dreading to see what Nike does with the Pumas UNAM kit for the new season now that they dropped Puma.

The last time Nike did the shirts they murdered the design so badly
and we didn't get a championship with them
and it took Puma to bring it back to all its glory. God I loved the Centenario shirts so fucking much:

pumasv4jin.jpg

pumas2jtkn0.jpg

The last ones were amazing too, with the logo becoming the shirt. Nike will likely just shrink the unique logo like they did last time and add stripes or some shit =(

Hahahahaha this was the kit used in my Pro Club for a few years. It intimidated so many <3

Zabojnik

You should be excited, Yurtnik. You know why? Because we've apparently reached an agreement with Madrid for Morata. We're getting him on loan for 2M&#8364; and will pay Madrid the remaining 18M&#8364; next summer. Not sure if it's an option to buy or an obligation though. In any case, vintage Marry.

Hixx

Just seen pics of Tom Hardy shooting that Kray twins film - looks nothing like himself, must have fucktons of makeup and prosthetics on.

edit: Kieren Westwood signing for Wednesday. Bit of a come down from City, isn't it...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You should be excited, Yurtnik. You know why? Because we've apparently reached an agreement with Madrid for Morata. We're getting him on loan for 2M€ and will pay Madrid the remaining 18M€ next summer. Not sure if it's an option to buy or an obligation though. In any case, vintage Marry.
KILL ME
Lets be srs for a moment

Why would any top tier player still in their prime play in Serie A these days?
Serie A is dead, Juve isn't. If I'm a top player and I can't get into Madrid, Barca, Bayern etc, then a title winning team that 'participates' in Europe is a good option

Also money. We are offering Di Maria and Morata more than Madrid are willing to offer them, funnily enough.

pulga

Banned
bLdp8nH.png

Did you guys know he didn't win more Ballon d'Ors because back then it wasn't allowed to have back to back winners?
wtzgU.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom