• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

I don't want anyone to get me wrong.

I could happily live in a Northern city again.

I wouldn't have the same career, though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
London is brilliant.

last time I was there, a drunken girl took off her panties and peed in front of me

fell in love

Br9560qCEAEXgMQ.jpg

;_;

L1NETT

Sorry if i'm majorly DC on this, but Bony out for 18 months?

That might put a stop on some transfer activity

Feel sorry for the kid, double leg break is a real bummer

Edit: Fake. Stop quoting me!

I've lived in Northern cities like Preston, Liverpool, Manchester and Sheffield for 21 years of my 22 on this Earth.

Prior to moving here I believed I'd hate it. I didn't enjoy living here for at least four months.

This 'attitude that Londoners have' is not what you think it is. And if you dislike somewhere because those living there are enjoying themselves then it says more about you than those you're judging.

It doesn't matter where you've lived previously, anyone who says that they don't know why anyone would not live in London is a Londoner. Embrace the change. I don't know very much about London, I've only been a couple of times in my life. I was just responding to the fact that when people hype something up to manic proportions and try to make out that it's the dogs bollocks then this will annoy some other people and their perceptions will change because of this.

Wilbur

Banned
I used to hate London, but the older I've got the more I've fallen in love with it. Can't think of many things I'd rather do than hop on a tube and be in Covent Garden or Camden in half an hour, or walk through Hyde Park.

There's a great little thing called Hidden City, which takes you on a little treasure hunt around places you might not usually go to in the City.

Sorry if i'm majorly DC on this, but Bony out for 18 months?

That might put a stop on some transfer activity

Feel sorry for the kid, double leg break is a real bummer

What?! Never heard about that.

I'm the opposite of Arnold abit.

I was a proper londonface. Then I went up north. Beyond the wall. Loved it. Great people, great fun, a real charm and charisma about the place.

But London is London. There's a reason it sucks everything in. I don't necessarily think it's good for the country that we're so London centric but honestly - anything you want to do in London, you can do it. And that's before you even come across the shit you didn't even know existed.

Arnold's got the bug. I'm happy for you.

Arnie

It doesn't matter where you've lived previously, anyone who says that they don't know why anyone would not live in London is a Londoner. Embrace the change. I don't know very much about London, I've only been a couple of times in my life. I was just responding to the fact that when people hype something up to manic proportions and try to make out that it's the dogs bollocks then this will annoy some other people and their perceptions will change because of this.

Apply some rational thought, jesus wept.

Wilbur

Banned
I like living where I live to be honest. It's quiet, there's nice parks around, and I'm as close to the capital as can be without actually living there. Obviously when it comes to getting a job and moving out and being a big boy I may have to go elsewhere

I've lived in London all my life so I've kinda taken it for granted. Only realized how good it is when I moved to uni. Nice to get away from the big city buzz for a while but I cant see myself settling down in another city. I love London <3

Arnie

I'm the opposite of Arnold abit.

I was a proper londonface. Then I went up north. Beyond the wall. Loved it. Great people, great fun, a real charm and charisma about the place.

But London is London. There's a reason it sucks everything in. I don't necessarily think it's good for the country that we're so London centric but honestly - anything you want to do in London, you can do it. And that's before you even come across the shit you didn't even know existed.

Arnold's got the bug. I'm happy for you.
In fairness you lived in Manchester which is a Northern City doing it's fucking hardest to be like London.

And Manchester is a wonderful place to live. Would happily live there in the future, provided the job opportunities were right.

wedward

I thought I hated it before I moved here and got settled.

Now I just don't know why you'd live anywhere else, especially at such an age (I'm 22).

You get one shot at life, don't spend it under a rock.

I never thought I was a big city person.

Then I moved to one at 23.

Then I knew. I knew.

In fairness you lived in Manchester which is a Northern City doing it's fucking hardest to be like London.

And Manchester is a wonderful place to live. Would happily live there in the future, provided the job opportunities were right.

That's true.

Some people live in like...Bolton.

That's fucked up.

Wilbur

Banned
I remember visiting Hull and thinking the entire place looked like the alley Deirdre walks the dog down in Coronation street.

Carbonox

At some point I want to move in to London. My offices are there but I choose to work from home because I cannot be fucked to commute every day. It will happen, it will happen. I just need that kick up the arse to get round to doing it. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the country tbh.

I'm surprised Nike isn't trying their hardest to beat Adidas.

Adidas: Real Madrid, Juve (starting in 2015/16), Milan, Bayern and almost every Bundesliga top club, Benfica, Chelsea, United, Valencia, Lyon & Marseille
Warrior: Liverpool, Porto, Sevilla
Puma: Arsenal, Dortmund,
Nike: Barca, City, PSG, Monaco, Inter. Atletico, Roma

In the last 2 years, Nike have lost Arsenal, Porto, Juve, and United? Apart from Spain and lolFrance, Adidas have kits on lock.

The hell are you doing Nike?

Also, Yohji Yamamoto designed Real Madrid's 3rd kit? Whoa.

Wilbur

Banned
Ginter is happening :)

Hummels, Subotic, Sokratis, Ginter, Sarr and the option to get Günter back.

Best CBs in Europe. I'm not even kidding.

when we take Hummels u will have to change ur opinion

At some point I want to move in to London. My offices are there but I choose to work from home because I cannot be fucked to commute every day. It will happen, it will happen. I just need that kick up the arse to get round to doing it.

I imagine it's relatively expensive to live there though. Twickenham was 460 a month just for rent and gas I think for some shitty little ground floor dump, I could barely afford that

GQman2121

Banned
I hope you guys get on that TLoU multiplayer at the end of the month on PS4.

With so many shooters over the last generation homogenizing into a similar mix of bang, bang aim assist respawning, Naughty Dog has really delivered a competitive online game that sets itself apart.

Hixx

I remember visiting Hull and thinking the entire place looked like the alley Deirdre walks the dog down in Coronation street.

Hull is the most depressing city I've ever been too. Doesn't help it that the weather was as grim as I can ever remember (was at a place right next to the Humber and I've never seen a river so choppy, was like the middle of the ocean). There was a sex shop in a retail park. I think that about summed it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom