• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSV gaf, how good is Memphis Depay?

I'm not PSV gaf but I've seen him play a lot. He's a really good all-round left winger and has a lot of potential. He's still young but even now he doesn't have a lot of weaknesses. Good crossing, passing, dribbling, finishing, long shots, free kicks, corners, reasonably strong physically too. Sometimes he dribbles too much before passing and doesn't help on defense but both of those can be fixed.

omgkitty

Both are meh compared to Disney. Ghibli would probably get a lot more votes here because animu is cool on videogame forums.

Pixar and Ghibli provide a lot more substance than Disney. Up until the last 30 years or so, Disney films have been simple films with simple messages. Now they're just musical showpieces made to sell merchandise. Frozen was shit compared to anything Ghibli has made period. Ghibli goes beyond the entire genre of just anime. You don't see Disney or Pixar making something like Grave of the Fireflies or The Wind Rises. Disney makes films for children. Pixar makes films for everyone. Ghibli makes films for the soul. Also yes, I like all 3 companies and own most of the films made by each.

FootballFan

He definitely won't replace Alaba, but I could see him subbing in for Ribery and eventually taking his spot as the season goes on or as Ribery begins to fade into his age. I am pretty satisfied from your impression though, he sounds like an alright signing for the future. I still think we should be in the market to replace Dante or even Boateng though, maybe a new holding midfielder because Guardiola hates Martinez up there. Or maybe a new RB since Guardiola won't let Lahm play in the back.

I can't stand this manager, he is making me so frustrated. How was he so successful with Barca?

It just worked for him with Barca.

He came in after a "bad" season(bad in la liga = finishing 3rd), kicked out Ronaldinho, Deco, Edmilson etc. Had the team more focused on possession, moved Messi to the middle, brought in Pedro and Busquets from Barca B(who he coached to promotion) and so on.

I think it will all work out at Bayern soon enough. Pep is crazy but he is a very good coach and his dedication is top.

He will find something that works and he will win the Champions League once again.

Also, according to my post history, Bernat is quite good.

That is proof of quality if I've ever seen it. :p

Probity

It just worked for him with Barca.

He came in after a "bad" season(bad in la liga = finishing 3rd), kicked out Ronaldinho, Deco, Edmilson etc. Had the team more focused on possession, moved Messi to the middle, brought in Pedro and Busquets from Barca B(who he coached to promotion) and so on.

I think it will all work out at Bayern soon enough. Pep is crazy but he is a very good coach and his dedication is top.

He will find something that works and he will win the Champions League once again.

That is proof of quality if I've ever seen it. :p

Also, according to my post history, Bernat is quite good.

I hope things work out, my only issue is that I really love most of the players on the team. I am very connected to the starters right now, and even a lot of the subs, I know about their styles in extreme detail, and I've really enjoyed watching them together.

It would be extremely painful to watch them go like this, and I think that if Guardiola wants to make his system work well with us, or make a sort of strong hybrid, some people will need to go, and I don't want that really.

Jupp proved that the team we had was extremely strong already, but now a lot of them need to go for Guardiola to be successful, I just don't know how I feel about it all. I understand how the whole trade system works, it is normal, but it hurts sometimes ;P

K1LLER7

Listening to this podcast from yesterday (July 7th).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/5lfd

Around the 50 minutes onwards, Graham Hunter talks Ander Herrera. Says Sanchez is very very likely to sign for Arsenal unless something major happens to change things. Suarez is also pretty much done to Barca.

Also mentions Madrid want James Rodriguez, however will look to sell Di Maria to fund the move. Although there is no guarentee Monaco will sell.

Di Maria isn't happy and Hunter says United are interested and if Di Maria is to move, it's likely he could end up at United. Louie Van Gaal see's him as a winger rather than a CM.

Would love it if we signed him. Though if PSG are really offering 60m euros and 8m a year wages, like Di Marzio says, he'll probably end up there.

Baki

Why don't people realise you can't judge how good someone is from a random knockout match? Especially when they can't help who their countrymen are. What's Gareth Bale supposed to do? Or is he just shit because he happened to be born in Wales?

Should've declared for England. He could've.

Lightning

Banned
Listening to this podcast from yesterday (July 7th).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/5lfd

Around the 50 minutes onwards, Graham Hunter talks Ander Herrera. Says Sanchez is very very likely to sign for Arsenal unless something major happens to change things. Suarez is also pretty much done to Barca.

Also mentions Madrid want James Rodriguez, however will look to sell Di Maria to fund the move. Although there is no guarentee Monaco will sell.

Di Maria isn't happy and Hunter says United are interested and if Di Maria is to move, it's likely he could end up at United. Louie Van Gaal see's him as a winger rather than a CM.

Would love it if we signed him. Though if PSG are really offering 60m euros and 8m a year wages, like Di Marzio says, he'll probably end up there.
Pod say anything about Sanchez that we don't already know?

K1LLER7

Pod say anything about Sanchez that we don't already know?
Not much.

Not sure if already mentioned but;
Basically, Juventus met Sanchez's agent before the WC and had a verbal agreement. They were willing to pay the Barca transfer price. However, Sanchez value rose due to his performances at the WC and now Arsenal are offering the highest amount. Juventus haven't increased any offer as of yet.

He also mentions that Sanchez's agent (who also represents Vidal) is looking to get one of his players playing in the PL.

You guys can start the search for Sanchez gifs and Youtube videos. Top signing.

pappe

I am surprised United have not shown interest in Sanchez yet we are all over Di Maria. Sanchez is better and cheaper too.

Pixar and Ghibli provide a lot more substance than Disney. Up until the last 30 years or so, Disney films have been simple films with simple messages. Now they're just musical showpieces made to sell merchandise. Frozen was shit compared to anything Ghibli has made period. Ghibli goes beyond the entire genre of just anime. You don't see Disney or Pixar making something like Grave of the Fireflies or The Wind Rises. Disney makes films for children. Pixar makes films for everyone. Ghibli makes films for the soul. Also yes, I like all 3 companies and own most of the films made by each.
Sorry, I don't watch animated films for substance when I already get that at a higher quality in live action ones. I can't believe you're accusing Disney films of being made to sell merchandise while the last few films Pixar have done has been exactly to sell merchandise OR it's a creatively bankrupt sequel. I much prefer Disney and sometimes Pixar to Ghibli because the animation itself is way better to me and I like the songs in Disney films

And the bolded is just ridiculous to me, Disney makes film for children? lol yeah, okay. If anything their appeal stretches much further than the other two. Not even going to comment on your silly bit about Ghibli making films "for the soul" which just reeks of silliness equivalent to people who claim Nintendo games have "heart". Really says a lot about Ghibli that you need to describe their films to a buzz word with no meaning.

FuturusX

Sorry, I don't watch animated films for substance when I already get that at a higher quality in live action ones. I can't believe you're accusing Disney films of being made to sell merchandise while the last few films Pixar have done has been exactly to sell merchandise OR it's a creatively bankrupt sequel. I much prefer Disney and sometimes Pixar to Ghibli because the animation itself is way better to me and I like the songs in Disney films

And the bolded is just ridiculous to me, Disney makes film for children? lol yeah, okay. If anything their appeal stretches much further than the other two. Not even going to comment on your silly bit about Ghibli making films "for the soul" which just reeks of silliness equivalent to people who claim Nintendo games have "heart". Really says a lot about Ghibli that you need to describe their films to a buzz word with no meaning.

The animation being "way better" is course a subjective position. But I'd argue that at the end of the day whether you are working in live action or animation it's all about telling a good story. The visuals are there to serve story, that's the skeleton for everything.

I struggle to think of a recent Disney animated film that comes close to "Spirited Away".

Of the three Studio's - I'd argue that Disney has the struggled the most to really engage core storytelling in recent releases.

But Disney was once the most innovative studio in all of filmmaking - even if MR Disney was an asshole. That legacy goes a long way for me. But their focus has shifted...they are too big and unwieldy to make interesting films anymore.

Meier

I love these Kanye pics I took at X Games. Fuckin sick.

10301605_10104623803482603_4605552025523670165_n.jpg

10440290_10104623808552443_1203062356961291793_n.jpg

Meier

How was the Kayne set in general?
It was a few weeks back at this point but fantastic. I saw him on the Yeezus tour down in Houston and it was predictably nuts but Yeezus is my least favorite album of his by far and the first hour is basically the thing straight through with a lot of stage theatrics. This was at a festival type show so he ended up doing a little less Yeezus musically and a lot less theatrically. Played an insane medley of hits too which was wonderful.

I love him, my favorite solo artist for over 10 years now. Bought College Dropout on release day and put the little Kanye bear sticker that was on the cellophane wrapper on the rim of my monitor where it stayed for over a year.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
It was a few weeks back at this point but fantastic. I saw him on the Yeezus tour down in Houston and it was predictably nuts but Yeezus is my least favorite album of his by far and the first hour is basically the thing straight through with a lot of stage theatrics. This was at a festival type show so he ended up doing a little less Yeezus musically and a lot less theatrically. Played an insane medley of hits too which was wonderful.

I love him, my favorite solo artist for over 10 years now. Bought College Dropout on release day and put the little Kanye bear sticker that was on the cellophane wrapper on the rim of my monitor where it stayed for over a year.

Sounds awesome, have to agree that College Dropout and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy are probably the best solo albums from last decade.

Meier

Sounds awesome, have to agree that College Dropout and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy are probably the best solo albums from last decade.
We had total nosebleed seats for the Yeezus arena show but I took a video of All of the Lights which was pretty insane.

http://instagram.com/p/hpv5fzqoNI/

Best show of his I saw was a special one-off he did at the Chicago Theatre that was filmed by Fuse. It was done to raise money for the Donda West Foundation as I recall. They brought in a lot of HS kids from Chicago Public Schools who met certain requirements. They were able to attend for free as a reward. It was an amazing night.

pulga

Banned
See? He just cant stop talking about me. His obsession is sincerely creepy lol

Wes, do something, I fear for my life.

Jack cw

Jupp proved that the team we had was extremely strong already, but now a lot of them need to go for Guardiola to be successful, I just don't know how I feel about it all. I understand how the whole trade system works, it is normal, but it hurts sometimes ;P
Heynckes changed 5 positions after 2012 and three of them in the starting line up (Dante, Mandzukic, Martinez) in order to get his system working. Pep has a different philosophy and tried another aproach and players not fitting his style have to leave. Jupp dismissed Gomez and Luiz Gustavo and Pep is doing it with Mandzukic. Pep has a plan, played a phenomenal debut season and we now have a bunch of highly talented youngsters that will execute his tactics way better than the older players in the squad.

I dont really get the Pep hate. Some supporters act like we had a season under Moyes. ..

LTWheels

According to James Pearce, Moreno is still our main LB target. Bertrand is back up and that Chelsea are would rather he went elsewhere as they are wary of another Sturridge.

Blablurn

Heynckes changed 5 positions after 2012 and three of them in the starting line up (Dante, Mandzukic, Martinez) in order to get his system working. Pep has a different philosophy and tried another aproach and players not fitting his style have to leave. Jupp dismissed Gomez and Luiz Gustavo and Pep is doing it with Mandzukic. Pep has a plan, played a phenomenal debut season and we now have a bunch of highly talented youngsters that will execute his tactics way better than the older players in the squad.

I dont really get the Pep hate. Some supporters act like we had a season under Moyes. ..

jealousy.

fuenf

Fuck I'm already nervous. I'm still certain Germany will advance but the Neymar injury was unexpected and I'm not sure how the referee / Brazil /FIFA will react now. Still, tonight we are once again at a crossroads for football. It's up to Germany's now to save football from the evil spirits and to give the beautiful game back to its fans.

Chile came close but was unlucky in the end. Croatia and Columbia were robbed. As cruel as it sounds but the country of Brazil needs to lose in the semis to "win" anything at this World Cup.

Let's do it Germany. I don't care if you tiki-taka, catenaccio, counter-attack or penalty kick Brazil into oblivion. Just do it. For Football. Aus Liebe zum Spiel.

Berlusconi said that we're good to go after Cerci and Vrsaljko. IF we manage to sell a bunch of useless people, that is. Also, we're apparently after Marchetti as well: 7.5m in three installments + Agazzi. Lotito pls.

pulga

Banned

but thanks to Pep youre now losing your most talented midfielder

just burn him at the stake already jacky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom