• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

For all the people putting Sanchez as our main striker, it won't happen imo. Giroud will start more games in that position. I'm certain of it. Wenger's words when searching for a new striker were he wants a player who can play with Giroud and without him.

Rhaegar

Full Puma Arsenal Kits 2014/2015

54kY0ZM.png

Look fantastic! I'll struggle to pick between the 3!

That alternate kit is streets ahead. Yes, please!

wedward

For all the people putting Sanchez as our main striker, it won't happen imo. Giroud will start more games in that position. I'm certain of it. Wenger's words when searching for a new striker were he wants a player who can play with Giroud and without him.

Think we will see both honestly. Depending on who we are playing. Tactics Wenger, how do they work?

Lightning is going HAM right now. Slowly poking Arnie with a stick.

Westlo

In less glamorous transfer news, seeing some twatter rumours (very very unreliable) that Cleverley on the verge of moving, Everton the most likely place

We could do with that 10%, Valley Parade does need a new lick of paint of Mark Lawn wants to top up his Pukka Pie collection

10mil ish?

lol @ 10 million.

We'll pay a discount rate of like 3-5 million or loan him. LVG won't care, he's not United quality so out he goes.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Chelsea and Arsenal buying players for cheap

Does the world hate United? :(

L1NETT

lol @ 10 million.

We'll pay a discount rate of like 3-5 million or loan him. LVG won't care, he's not United quality so out he goes.

I want as much as possible

We need to pay our players some how

---

Alex Revell to Cov?

For FUCKS sake. Who the hell are we targeting. Parky missing out on everyone.

FuturusX

Good for Arsenal, quality player. I'm not sure he's the complete striker that they need though. Going to be interesting season. Chelsea and City still looking best positioned.

raven777

Is United not signing any wingers? All of our wingers are shit at the moment.

I know midfield and defense is our priority but I do think we need to sign a world class winger as well, and that's why I wish we signed Alexis.

Fucking sell Nani and Young already..

Barzul

Think we will see both honestly. Depending on who we are playing. Tactics Wenger, how do they work?

Lightning is going HAM right now. Slowly poking Arnie with a stick.
Oh he'll get games (he got 4 games there with Barca last season) . But with Sanogo and Giroud competing for starts I think we'll see a pretty even split.

Is United not signing any wingers? All of our wingers are shit at the moment.

I know midfield and defense is our priority but I do think we need to sign a world class winger as well, and that's why I wish we signed Alexis.

Fucking sell Nani and Young already..

Sanchez isn't at his best on the wing. He needs to play through the middle.

Don't get me wrong, it would have been awesome if we signed him but it's just not a priority right now and we still have really good forward players at the club already.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
You should be glad we are buying players full stop.

A little worried the only two we have bought we have been linked with for a long ass time and everything else seems slow as balls D:

But yes, definite improvement

Lightning

Banned
Good for Arsenal, quality player. I'm not sure he's the complete striker that they need though. Going to be interesting season. Chelsea and City still looking best positioned.
Pace in abundance, can play anywhere across the front 3, links up well and can score as well as assist. Giroud will still get his games but I can see Giroud putting many a goal on a plate for Sanchez. Giroud lays off to runners running past him really bloody well, Giroud is an excellent team player and Ramsey got many a goal this past season from that and with Sanchez we have cover for Giroud as well as Walcott who's missed months of football and coming back after a horror injury. Walcott will take time, no way he's at his best for the first 6mths at least after returning.

Sanchez is a superb signing.

raven777

Sanchez isn't at his best on the wing. He needs to play through the middle.

Don't get me wrong, it would have been awesome if we signed him but it's just not a priority right now and we still have really good forward players at the club already.

really? I thought he usually plays on the right wing? Maybe I was wrong..

wedward

Oh he'll get games (he got 4 games there with Barca last season) . But with Sanogo and Giroud competing for starts I think we'll see a pretty even split.

Giroud gets a lot of shit, but he is capable of scoring against the weaker teams in the league. He is pretty poor against the top teams, but if we can rotate it would be great.

Chelsea and Arsenal buying players for cheap

Does the world hate United? :(

You are about to get 75m a season for a fucking shirt.

Who cares how much players cost?

Pace in abundance, can play anywhere across the front 3, links up well and can score as well as assist. Giroud will still get his games but I can see Giroud putting many a goal on a plate for Sanchez. Giroud lays off to runners running past him really bloody well, Giroud is an excellent team player and Ramsey got many a goal this past season from that and with Sanchez we have cover for Giroud as well as Walcott who's missed months of football and coming back after a horror injury. Walcott will take time, no way he's at his best for the first 6mths at least after returning.

Yeah as much as posters on here pile on Giroud, I really do admire his ability to set up team mates and do things besides scoring (even though he does do that still, unlike Torres).

Meier

Btw, meant to comment earlier regarding Besic to Swansea. That'll be a great signing -- I was very, very impressed with him during the World Cup and predicted a transfer would happen shortly after they were home. Good team for him to develop at as he should get some good minutes. Looks like a player who will go to them for €4m and be worth €15-20m within 2 seasons.

FuturusX

He's an excellent signing. I agree. I just wonder if he's enough to propel them to 1st which is the aim right? An out and out goal machine is a big plus in that pursuit. Sanchez will get to shine more away from the Barca system mind you.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Of course he'd pick Wenger over Conte and Rodgers

They can't even grow their own hair ffs.

Iturbe is the new Sanchesex anyway, RIGHT ZAB--*shoots himself in the head*

wedward

He's an excellent signing. I agree. I just wonder if he's enough to propel them to 1st which is the aim right? An out and out goal machine is a big plus in that pursuit. Sanchez will get to shine more away from the Barca system mind you.

We need another midfielder before we can think about challenging.

Sanchez is a great signing, but he isn't going to help our midfield from getting overrun by Chelsea, City and Liverpool.

oh yea
2222557_a2c2f908-ee849lyso.jpg

was this fake?

Thankfully.

Arnie

Congratulations Arsenal fans, that's a lovely signing.

Unfortunately I've had things to do this afternoon so your #arsebanter has fallen on deaf ears.

EmiPrime

Sanchez alone? No.

Sanchez and Schneiderlin/Bender? I think we can we make a good go of it.

Sanchez is shit anyway

Seriously though, I'm not happy with the way this is going.

Sanchez is world class

£10m on a prospect who won't even be here next season
£10m on a prospect who got bummed by Antonio fucking Valencia
£20m+ on plankton
£20m on a decent prospect who might not be ready yet

£6m on Ryan fucking Bertrand
Pissing about over a leftback who is good enough
£25m on a decent centreback who happens to be a massive bellend

Assuming £20m on the other leftback that leaves room for another £25m signing before selling players, without breaking FFP. Hopefully we add funds from sales to that signing, and make it a big fuck-off statement of intent, because none of the others are anything to get hugely excited about imo.

Just have to hope Rodgers has some masterplan, because as things stand we're going full Tottenham Hotspur, and you never go full Tottenham Hotspur.

Feorax

Greizmann has confirmed he won't renew with Sociedad.

Will be interesting to see whether PSG can get him after spunking so much on Luiz.

Assuming £20m on the other leftback that leaves room for another £25m signing before selling players, without breaking FFP. Hopefully we add funds from sales to that signing, and make it a big fuck-off statement of intent, because none of the others are anything to get hugely excited about imo.

How did you work that out? We probably had about £60m to spend before Suarez went. If you add the Suarez fee, then the players you listed don't even come close to adding up to £130m

wedward

Any CB's that Arsenal are interested in?

Only heard Lovren. I think we will keep Vermalen and maybe pick up a prospect.

Sanchez alone? No.

Sanchez and Schneiderlin/Bender? I think we can we make a good go of it.

Would be great if we can wrap up Sanchez and Debuchy this week. Leaves us with the rest of the summer to get a DM and backup keeper. Maybe another striker if someone becomes available.

FuturusX

Sanchez is shit anyway

Seriously though, I'm not happy with the way this is going.

Sanchez is world class

£10m on a prospect who won't even be here next season
£10m on a prospect who got bummed by Antonio fucking Valencia
£20m+ on plankton
£20m on a decent prospect who might not be ready yet

£6m on Ryan fucking Bertrand
Pissing about over a leftback who is good enough
£25m on a decent centreback who happens to be a massive bellend

Just have to hope Rodgers has some masterplan, because as things stand we're going full Tottenham Hotspur, and you never go full Tottenham Hotspur.

I agree with this...pretty much. But I'll simply add that without the magic of Suarez and his bucket load of goals Liverpool be fucked anyhow. It was a nice run though.

DominoKid

Nike are officially out

"Any partnership with a club or federation has to be mutually beneficial & the terms that were on offer for a renewed contract did not represent good value for Nike’s shareholders. We are proud to have partnered with them for the last 12 years & will continue to sponsor the club until the end of the season."

I would buy a shirt if that were true.

Bye Nike. They haven't tried on our kits since 07/08 anyway. Adidas can do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom