• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this...pretty much. But I'll simply add that without the magic of Suarez and bucket load of goals Liverpool be fucked anyhow. It was a nice run though.

Shit, that list doesn't even factor in that we've lost the third best player on the planet. Fuck me, I'm worried.

K1LLER7

I want Di Maria. We can use him on the wing and in Midfield if needed. 40m should do it.

PSG should leave him alone and go for Griezmann instead.

TgdtlnIl.jpg

:D

wedward

Spanish Gooner ‏@ElSpanishGooner 1m
RAC1 (Most reliable source for Barça news) reporting Alexis to Arsenal as done. Announcement today or tomorrow.

The fact that he had to choose between either speaks volumes about where he's at right now to be honest. It's a step down for sure. I think we can all agree there.

He was their leading scorer behind Messi. Speaks more about Barca than him.

Every team is a step down from Barca.

Genuinely, without Sanchez coming in, I'd rather have kept Suarez. Obviously not possible though with him desperate to leave, and realistic release clause.

Feels like we may well have missed our chance to kick on and become an even better team post-Suarez. Would have been dificult, but possible.

jtb

Banned
Didn't realize Sanchez had 15 assists last year also.

going from passing to Messi to passing to Giroud will decrease that number a bit

but this is still a damn good signing and apparently done much earlier than our usual summer botch jobs

wedward

GeoffArsenal @GeoffArsenal · 3m
See, you have to let the old fella do his work. There was a reason he didn't take up Draxler at £40m and Cesc at £25m. #KeepTheFaith

going from passing to Messi to passing to Giroud will decrease that number a bit

but this is still a damn good signing and apparently done much earlier than our usual summer botch jobs

At Arsenal I just want him to score goals. We have enough creativity to supply him.

Zabojnik

Iturbe is the new Sanchesex anyway, RIGHT ZAB--*shoots himself in the head*

It is my opinion that Iturbe will be as good, probably even better than Sanchez in two years tops. And I'm talking current Sanchez, not the ehhh-ish one from a couple seasons back.

See, you have to let the old fella do his work. There was a reason he didn't take up Draxler at £40m and Cesc at £25m. #KeepTheFaith

Surely Fabregas has no bearing on this? You have money to burn, if you wanted Fabregas, you'd have got him.

jtb

Banned
40m for Draxler was a ridiculous price but unless we pick up Griezmann and a DM also, I won't be convinced passing up on Fabregas for 25m was a good idea.

FuturusX

He was their leading scorer behind Messi. Speaks more about Barca than him.

Every team is a step down from Barca.

Bayern and Real are not a step down. But mostly I meant because he didn't want to leave, he had a great season and now he finds himself on the scrap heap. Crazy really.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It is my opinion that Iturbe will be as good, probably even better than Sanchez in two years tops. And I'm talking current Sanchez, not the ehhh-ish one from a couple seasons back.
YES ZAB--*shoots you in the head*

DONT HYPE ME ;(

Lightning

Banned

At Arsenal I just want him to score goals. We have enough creativity to supply him.
Oh fuck off Geoff. Draxler rejected us, he said no. It was not Arsene's master plan..

Feorax

Genuinely, without Sanchez coming in, I'd rather have kept Suarez. Obviously not possible though with him desperate to leave, and realistic release clause.

Feels like we may well have missed our chance to kick on and become an even better team post-Suarez. Would have been dificult, but possible.

Maybe, but we still have 7 weeks left in the window, and every reliable journalist has said we have a list of targets to bring in if Suarez went, and it's none of the ones we've been linked with so far.

I'm prepared to give the club a chance here before I go nuclear.

omgkitty

What's he talking about? I still want Draxler. I think he can be turned into a striker.

Zabojnik

Evra to Juve is done. Two year contract, United get 2M€, the player 3.5M€/year. Not the most exciting signing, but he'll make for a solid backup for Asamoah.

That's right, Yurt. My prediction from last year is coming true: Asamoah will play as LB when we'll be using 4-3-3, like he does with Ghana. I WAS RIGHT.

Maybe, but we still have 7 weeks left in the window, and every reliable journalist has said we have a list of targets to bring in if Suarez went, and it's none of the ones we've been linked with so far.

I'm prepared to give the club a chance here before I go nuclear.

I hope so bruv

Guessing Griezmann and Shaqiri are on that list. I'd be delighted with either, though prefer Sanchez. Did those Remy rumours gather any steam over the day?

wedward

Oh fuck off Geoff. Draxler rejected us, he said no. It was not Arsene's master plan..

Nah, word was that he accepted but we weren't willing to go as high as Shalke wanted. Once the deal fell apart Draxler said he rejected us, which I would expect him to do.

Surely Fabregas has no bearing on this? You have money to burn, if you wanted Fabregas, you'd have got him.

I think we passed on Fabregas because we don't have room in the starting 11 for him. Also think we have to wait until the end of the window and see how much we have spent to determine if signing Fabregas would have been possible.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Evra to Juve is done. Two year contract, United get 2M€, the player 3.5M€/year. Not the most exciting signing, but he'll make for a solid backup for Asamoah.

That's right, Yurt. My prediction from last year is coming true: Asamoah will play as LB when we'll be using 4-3-3, like he does with Ghana. I WAS RIGHT.
Hahah poor guy, he was ranting about playing there for Ghana like days ago!

Dat modern day slave

Feorax

I hope so bruv

Guessing Griezmann and Shaqiri are on that list. I'd be delighted with either, though prefer Sanchez. Did those Remy rumours gather any steam over the day?

Not yet, but I expect they will soon enough. Makes too much sense not to.

Given both Di Maria and Griezmann want away, I'd be stunned if we aren't in for one of them.

I don't understand why Asamoah isn't being picked up on a bigger club. He's one of your best players and it's criminal he doesn't seem to get all that much admiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom