• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now we have no cover at RB or at LB.

Ryan-Bertrand-120512-Running-AI-300.jpg

pls K1LLER7. Liverpool have suffered enough. Take this bullet for us.

Betrand looks utterly fucking gormless in every photo

Barzul

Serie A GAF, what position did Sanchez play predominantly at Udinese? Fingers crossed we can push through a deal for a top class DM now. GK and striker also needed. I wouldn't let Vermaelen leave unless we got a ridiculous bid from United. I'd rather have him leave on a free next year.

Lightning

Banned
Nah, word was that he accepted but we weren't willing to go as high as Shalke wanted. Once the deal fell apart Draxler said he rejected us, which I would expect him to do.
Even so, it was not Arsene's master plan. The only redeeming factor for Wenger here was we got onto Sanchez before the world cup even started. He deserves credit for that.

Serie A GAF, what position did Sanchez play predominantly at Udinese? Fingers crossed we can push through a deal for a top class DM now. GK and striker also needed. I wouldn't let Vermaelen leave unless we got a ridiculous bid from United. I'd rather have him leave on a free next year.

Inside forward on the right I think, something of a free role

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Behind Anthony Christmas

If Higuain was overpriced, fuck knows what Draxler is at £40m. That sounds more like a stupid release clause to put other clubs off than a realistic fee.

LTWheels

Maybe, but we still have 7 weeks left in the window, and every reliable journalist has said we have a list of targets to bring in if Suarez went, and it's none of the ones we've been linked with so far.

I'm prepared to give the club a chance here before I go nuclear.

This. So far all our purchases and currently linked players are our targets that are not dependent on the Suarez money. We would still sign them even if we kept Suarez.

We don't really know who we are targeting to buy with the 'Suarez money'. Sanchez was one of these targets. It's not yet been leaked who else we are going to target.

wedward

The only redeeming factor for Wenger here was we got onto Sanchez before the world cup even started. He deserves credit for that.

So hard to please.

Reports that Sanchez wanted to play for Wenger. I am sure if we had Martinez or Laudrup he would pay his own transfer fee to play for them.

We are signing Sanchez for 30m in early July and the only redeeming factor for Wenger is he spoke to Sanchez early.

Brendan pls :(

for 22m that's a steal

We need someone either happy to spend a lot of time on the bench (in which case I'd question their ambition) or someone who can play wide, so we don't have to shove Sturridge out wide when they both play together. Remy is theoretically perfect to do the bridging job between Sturridge and Lambert. The Plan A.5, if you will.

So hard to please.

Reports that Sanchez wanted to play for Wenger. I am sure if we had Martinez or Laudrup he would pay his own transfer fee to play for them.

We are signing Sanchez for 30m in early July and the only redeeming factor for Wenger is he spoke to Sanchez early.

Do one.

Wenger just sent him some beach photos and Sanchez agreed to join. No need for talks.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Draxler is 40 million based on that one gif isn't he?

Sunhi should be an agent then. Jumps from club to club with a USB filled with gifs

mil6es

Sad to see Liverpool-GAF loosing faith already, we still have a month and a half to bring in new names and it's not like our team relied solely on Suarez to win games (we are not tottenham) we are still solid and will no doubt improve this season

Walshy

Maybe, but we still have 7 weeks left in the window, and every reliable journalist has said we have a list of targets to bring in if Suarez went, and it's none of the ones we've been linked with so far.

I'm prepared to give the club a chance here before I go nuclear.
The worry with that is though that lots of clubs know we will be cash rich, they'll probably overcharge us.

If Lovren is going for £20m we should use some of the Suarez money to get Benatia in instead.

FuturusX

Sanchez is such a good player. If Arsenal play it right they'll be in fine form to retain top 4. Gonna be squeaky tight up there this season. Tears will flow :(

Sad to see Liverpool-GAF loosing faith already, we still have a month and a half to bring in new names and it's not like our team relied solely on Suarez to win games (we are not tottenham) we are still solid and will no doubt improve this season

Not quite the word I'd use to describe us, with and without Suarez :p

Intense is more fitting

The worry with that is though that lots of clubs know we will be cash rich, they'll probably overcharge us.

If Lovren is going for £20m we should use some of the Suarez money to get Benatia in instead.
Lovren price is ridiculous considering that we got Garay for 6 million euros. And Lovren isn't even British.

Feorax

Maybe so, but it is what it is. If we want quality players from clubs where they are contracted for several years, we're going to be paying through our noses anyway.

We might end up paying a shitload, but as long as the player coming in is real quality, I can live with it.

mil6es

Sanchez is such a good player. If Arsenal play it right they'll be in fine form to retain top 4. Gonna be squeaky tight up there this season. Tears will flow :(

To be fair they also said that about Ozil....

But indeed top 4 is going to be painful this season.

Barzul

If we sign a DM. We'll have a go at the league. Our form against the top 6 is what killed us last season. Arteta just didn't have the legs to carry us through those ames. Need some younger with more legs *insert Schneiderlin/Bender*. I mean Liverpool did it just by keeping their players fit. If they conceded less goals, they'd probably have won the whole thing to.

wedward

If we sign a DM. We'll have a go at the league. Our form against the top 6 is what killed us last season. Arteta just didn't have the legs to carry us through those ames. Need some younger with more legs *insert Schneiderlin/Bender*. I mean Liverpool did it just by keeping their players fit. If they conceded less goals, they'd probably have won the whole thing to.

Almost every story coming out has mentioned that we are in for a DM.

Just depends on who we get at this point. I would be ecstatic with Schneiderlin/Bender/Khedira.

Would give us a lot more depth as well. If Jack stays healthy we could see Jack and a DM in mid with Ramsey at the #10 if Ozil needs a rest or is injured.

Zabojnik

Hahah poor guy, he was ranting about playing there for Ghana like days ago!

Dat modern day slave

Well, at least he won't be complaining about not playing enough. I'm pretty sure he'll be our one true jolly this season. If Conte is smart, he'll be using him as LB (433), LCM (433) and on the good old wing-back (352) position.

I don't understand why Asamoah isn't being picked up on a bigger club. He's one of your best players and it's criminal he doesn't seem to get all that much admiration.

What bigger club is there?
Hopefully this will be the year he gets the much deserved recognition. Using him out of position didn't exactly help him.

Serie A GAF, what position did Sanchez play predominantly at Udinese?

The only one he's any good at. A counter-attacking one.
I'm joking, he's amazing. What the others said.

TeddyBoy

No doubt we'll improve, most of our players are young and they'll only get better with experience. I think a few heads are just down because we're continuously linked with Bertrand and Suarez is going without bringing in everyone's desired replacement. There were a few times last year were the team just didn't work and then Suarez would do something and he'd score a couple (Sunderland at home I think), replacing that will be hard.

A few people are also cautious of buying more overpriced British players like Downing, Carroll and Adam, Lallana's price and Bertrand are playing on this.

2 things that stuck out in the batterings

1) Too easily bullied off the ball in midfield and attack
2) No attempt to tighten up at the back for a while after conceding to get a foothold

Jarnet87

Why are we selling Evra :(

I'll believe it when it's official, otherwise not. We've been quiet on the tranfer front since Herrera and Shaw, but once Louis gets to see the squad up close he'll be sending half of them on their way out and bringing in the emergency dutch contingent. Kuyt to United will be glorious. When he scores for us at Anfield there will be salt everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom