• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

2 things that stuck out in the batterings

1) Too easily bullied off the ball in midfield and attack
2) No attempt to tighten up at the back for a while after conceding to get a foothold

Yup. An exhausted Ramsey and old ass Arteta is too light.

Don't know why Gibbs and Sagna were still flying when we were getting hammered. That's on Wenger for not instructing them to sit back a bit.

Meier

Obviously no chance that Atletico buy both Negredo and Mandzukic so chin up Beast. City didn't want to sell so they wouldn't budge on his price.

Blablurn

BsB6geKCIAEQI6O.jpg:large

I wonder if his penis is inside her right now in that pic

bud

sanchez to arsenal is fantastic news. really excited for next season!

hope the fitness staf doesn't kill him (forsythe, please help).

please sign a midfielder.

L1NETT

If we sign a DM. We'll have a go at the league. Our form against the top 6 is what killed us last season. Arteta just didn't have the legs to carry us through those ames. Need some younger with more legs *insert Schneiderlin/Bender*. I mean Liverpool did it just by keeping their players fit. If they conceded less goals, they'd probably have won the whole thing to.

Sanchas and Dave "Ain't no pleasing you"

Took me a good minute that

omgkitty

Yup. An exhausted Ramsey and old ass Arteta is too light.

Don't know why Gibbs and Sagna were still flying when we were getting hammered. That's on Wenger for not instructing them to sit back a bit.

Yeah. Move Cazorla / Rosicky / Sanchez to the middle. The good thing about our attack is how versatile everyone is. Cazorla can play through the middle and on either wing, same with Ox. Podolski on the left or up top (if we're desperate). Walcott on the right or up top. Ramsey and Wilshere anywhere across the middle and wings. Ramsey and Wilshere played on the wings a few times this season, and I'm pretty sure both scored when they did.

wedward

GeoffArsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal 11m
@DarrenArsenal1 @AFCvTheEnemy @arsenalmad79 looking at a young CB, concerned a bit inexperienced for PL right now but top top prospect.

Wonder who this is?

Darren ‏@DarrenArsenal1 11m
@PR_WhoRu @GeoffArsenal @AFCvTheEnemy @arsenalmad79 One i believe is a championship player, one is a PL CB.

Lightning

Banned
So hard to please.

Reports that Sanchez wanted to play for Wenger. I am sure if we had Martinez or Laudrup he would pay his own transfer fee to play for them.

We are signing Sanchez for 30m in early July and the only redeeming factor for Wenger is he spoke to Sanchez early.

Poorly worded on my part. I meant Wenger got things rolling early and didn't fluff around too much. Got in the players ear early and then went for it after the world cup for Chile finished. He deserves an extra round of appreciation for that as it's very unlike Wenger.

That's Sanchez and Ozil 2 summers in a row. Looking at Fellaini's and Herrera's fee now makes me laugh even more.

wedward

Poorly worded on my part. I meant Wenger got things rolling early and didn't fluff around too much. Got in the players ear early and then went for it after the world cup for Chile finished. He deserves an extra round of appreciation for that as it's very unlike Wenger.

That's Sanchez and Ozil 2 summers in a row. Looking at Fellaini's and Herrera's fee now makes me laugh even more.

Ah ok. Gotcha. Feels great not having to wait until the last day to sign someone.

omgkitty

@DarrenArsenal1 @AFCvTheEnemy @arsenalmad79 looking at a young CB, concerned a bit inexperienced for PL right now but top top prospect.

Wonder who this is?

@PR_WhoRu @GeoffArsenal @AFCvTheEnemy @arsenalmad79 One i believe is a championship player, one is a PL CB.

Maybe it's the Greek kid who played in the WC?

jtb

Banned
Yeah. Move Cazorla / Rosicky / Sanchez to the middle. The good thing about our attack is how versatile everyone is. Cazorla can play through the middle and on either wing, same with Ox. Podolski on the left or up top (if we're desperate). Walcott on the right or up top. Ramsey and Wilshere anywhere across the middle and wings. Ramsey and Wilshere played on the wings a few times this season, and I'm pretty sure both scored when they did.

just looking at that list of players reinforces that we really need some natural wide players. Sanchez is good, now let's get one more. Gervinho buy-back clause, anyone?

i want griezmann

wedward

just looking at that list of players reinforces that we really need some natural wide players. Sanchez is good, now let's get one more. Gervinho buy-back clause, anyone?

i want griezmann

Griezman Sanchez Theo
-----------------Ozil
-------Rambo Schneiderlin
Gibbs Kos Per Debuchy

I'd die.

What are people's preferences for the potential final? Mine are (in order):

1) Germany - Netherlands
2) Brazil - Argentina
3) Brazil - Netherlands
4) Germany - Argentina

There's no excuses for Felllani, but at least now that they are out of top 4 PL team, it's to be expected that they will have to overspend on player.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Wonder who this is?

Probably Lascelles at Forest, lots of teams are looking at him.

jtb

Banned
in all seriousness: one thing I really want to see this team do this season is win a CL tie. four years going out at the round of 16 is pathetic and embarrassing. we have a good enough core of players that this should be a realistic goal for Wenger.

wedward

in all seriousness: one thing I really want to see this team do this season is win a CL tie. four years going out at the round of 16 is pathetic and embarrassing.

Agreed.

I'd like for us to win the group and go into the tie healthy.

Baby steps.

omgkitty

i want griezmann

Griezmann. Come on Wenger. BREAK THAT PIGGY BANK WIDE OPEN.

Surprised so many see Sanchez playing up top considering Wenger's proclivity for tall strikers. Very much doubt we'll be seeing a 169cm dude as the lone frontman outside of emergencies (or maybe the CL?).

Still think a striker is on the cards, even if it's Remy at £8m. Alexis will play on the right/left for the most part (especially with Theo being out til for start of the season at the very least), with freedom of course. He's gotten plenty of goals coming in off the left, so I could see him having alot of joy there. I just don't think it's a coincidence we go from Draxler, to Griezmann, to Reus (Wenger's dream target for the summer according to Kike Marin at least), to Sanchez. The first 3 all play in the same position...

Anyway, one of the problems with Sanchez at Barca was that he slowed the passing game down by stopping to try and take on a defender, which may be an issue (though there's an argument that with Ozil/Ramsey/Theo/Ox we're probably best as a more direct side). I always felt like Griezmann/Pedro would slot into the current setup better than Alexis with their touch and move style, but at the end of the day, if the team isn't playing well, Griezmann would become alot less effective, whereas Sanchez can produce something out of nothing and win you the game. Wenger will have to adjust slightly and make it work.

Fella365 @Fella365
Imagine Ozil behind Theo and Sanchez. More runs than Brian Lara ffs

I can't breathe.

Wonder who this is?

Championship could be Jamaal Lascelles. We had a £5m bid for him rejected when he was 17, and he apparently impressed last season. Everton recently got charged for tapping him up, lol.

Wenger's been pretty clear that he wants to leave us with a British core, so it would make sense.

edit: beaten

kinda regretting this post already considering it's not official, lol =/

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Arsenal are starting to look fucking terrifying if they dont get injured and show up to big games D:

Meier

City have been linked with Lascelles for some time as well. As Usho pointed out, most of the big clubs are interested.

Lightning

Banned
in all seriousness: one thing I really want to see this team do this season is win a CL tie. four years going out at the round of 16 is pathetic and embarrassing. we have a good enough core of players that this should be a realistic goal for Wenger.
We need to win our group. That's what has screwed us over last 2 seasons. But we're building a strong team so we must go past last 16 this time. Just try to avoid Bayern, fuck that club.

WJD

So Adidas are legit interested in paying us one Suarez per year for next 10 years? That's absolutely outrageous.

wedward

Griezmann. Come on Wenger. BREAK THAT PIGGY BANK WIDE OPEN.

I really hope we go for him.

We don't have any wide players for the left. Santi is 30 this season. Podolski isn't good enough.

Theo, Ox and Gnabry all are naturally right sided players. Sanchez also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom