• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rich from a fan of a team that's about to plunge right back into midtable mediocrity. Your league challenge was a fluke. Your attacking prowess won't gloss over your defensive fragility again this season. Out scoring your opponents won't simply be enough to win games this season. Besides why would Sanchez want to play for a manager he probably hasn't even heard of and one that has own nothing of note.

:lol

Arnie

Rich from a fan of a team that's about to plunge right back into midtable mediocrity. Your league challenge was a fluke. Your attacking prowess won't gloss over your defensive fragility again this season. Out scoring your opponents won't simply be enough to win games this season. Besides why would Sanchez want to play for a manager he probably hasn't even heard of and one that has own nothing of note.

Spoken like a man who's fuming.

At what we can only speculate:
- Brendan leapfrogging your club in TWO seasons
- Wenger being an incompetent tactician
- Arsenal afraid to spend money on the right players
- Spending £42 million pound coins on Ozil

pulga

Banned

But outscoring your opponents to win games is like, the whole premise of football

barzul pls

Suen

Isn't that sort of similar to a normal sell-on-clause, like many deals have internationally? That the clause club have no say in who Parma sell too, just get the money?
Yeah I suppose it's very similar to that. It's just the new ways of doing things there now, clubs who preferred the co-ownership will likely just go with that scheme now. At least there will be less headaches when players are sold abroad from now on.

But outscoring your opponents to win games is like, the whole premise of football

barzul pls

Gooners should know

rftwVPd.jpg

Arnie

Fucking hell I missed that yolk of idiocy in what was a giant turd omelette of a post.

Barzul and Wedward are this thread's chuckle brothers.

Suen

Hitcher, I said it in whatsapp. Folklore is shite, why do I have to play the same game twice just to make progress in the story.

Barzul

Spoken like a man who's fuming.

At what we can only speculate:
- Brendan leapfrogging your club in TWO seasons
- Wenger being an incompetent tactician
- Arsenal afraid to spend money on the right players
- Spending £42 million pound coins on Ozil
At least we have something to show for our spending. Finishing second must feel exciting to a team that hasn't seen league success in 24 years and no end to that in sight as you keep capitulating in every challenge you manage to mount. An incompetent tactician still beat your team twice over a season, wonder what that says about your manager.

Wilbur

Banned
Wedward is fine. He's self aware. He's seen the sleepless rays.

Barzul is unfortunately brain addled from all those cigarettes.

Manager

That was rather decent, nice to hear some not so fucking retarded views on the whole Yaya saga for once.

They call his agent a "stupid idiot" on a podcast but play a long with him in text. Refreshing to hear those theories from journalists, however I haven't seen anything close to it in print.

Wilbur

Banned
ArseGAF and PoolGAF might be my favourite thing on here

Because up until May it was like watching two retards fight

Now one of them's bulked up over the summer and is just laying into the other one, who can't do anything except babble "fish fingers" in a high voice.

Hixx

LOL

Wilbur

Banned
Is it just because I'm foreign or was it fn' hard to understand what they were saying? Could be a mix of poor sound quality and them always interrupting eachother.

One of them is talking faster than the speed of fucking light at the moment, so I don't think it's just you

Rodgers sounds like an idiot stand up doing a pep impression :lol

They call his agent a "stupid idiot" on a podcast but play a long with him in text. Refreshing to hear those theories from journalists, however I haven't seen anything close to it in print.

Well my comment was more aimed at the talk about him maybe not wanting to make his brother being deadly sick public and such from one of the guys, a few of them on that podcast were also quick to jump on his and be idiots. It was obvious from the beginning of cake-gate that it wasn't just about a birthday cake, but if he couldn't get time off to see his sick brother and he then was getting some cake on a fucking plane which they forgot to begin with, he would be a bit upset.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
ArseGAF and PoolGAF might be my favourite thing on here

Because up until May it was like watching two retards fight

Now one of them's bulked up over the summer and is just laying into the other one, who can't do anything except babble "fish fingers" in a high voice.

there's a civil war brewing

brace yourself

JuveGAF v UnitedGAF

a king can only rule one kingdom

Barzul

The problem isn't figuring it out, the problem is your absolutely unfortunate phrasing :lol
Yeah I could have phrased that better, but it was in reference to Liverpool's defensive fragilities. Arnie keeps making these unprovoked comments towards Arsenal and I'll respond in kind. I could care less what Liverpool do in the market and I still maintain that they're the most likely to drop out of CL football. If man United make it back in that is. Their players don't know what it's like to even attempt to compete on multiple fronts.

Yeah I could have phrased that better, but it was in reference to Liverpool's defensive fragilities. Arnie keeps making these unprovoked comments towards Arsenal and I'll respond in kind. I could care less what Liverpool do and I still maintain that they're the most likely to drop out of CL football. If man United make it back in that is. Their players don't know what it's like to even attempt to compete on multiple fronts.
You should have said "trying to outscore". That little word would have made it not ridiculous. :p

LiverpoolGAF is in a weird situation for me. The posters in the thread who support them are for the most part really cool. But I dislike the club lol

Wilbur

Banned
it's like you don't understand the joke is to make a shitty thread title

i legit almost went with ed woodward for ballon d'or and i wish i had so you cried even more

pulga

Banned
it's like you don't understand the joke is to make a shitty thread title

i legit almost went with ed woodward for ballon d'or and i wish i had so you cried even more

the joke stops being funny after the millionth time jesus christ

youre family guy personified

Walshy

I don't get how it was a fluke?

We have this form for long over the 12 months of last season, probably since Coutinho and Sturridge joined.

Hitcher, I said it in whatsapp. Folklore is shite, why do I have to play the same game twice just to make progress in the story.

Suen pls

It's a fucking terrible game

Starts off well, pretty cool setting, characters, atmosphere etc. Then the gameplay starts, and it becomes a massive pile of shite, terrible combat, story quickly becomes nonsensical, repetetive, boring challenges to upgrade the Folks or whatever they're called. It just becomes a chore to play after about 2 hours.

Cult game my arse. It sold fuck all because it's brass.

Zabojnik

SPOILER INSIDE DEM SPOILER TAGS
is there another season 2? Like True Detective

Not really a Fargo spoiler, but ...
Yeah, although from what the author/writer said in an interview, it may take them a while to come up with a story that's as good/better than the one in S1, so who knows when. My guess is they're already working on it and we can expect S2 around this time next year, as per usual.

Suen

Suen pls

It's a fucking terrible game

Starts off well, pretty cool setting, characters, atmosphere etc. Then the gameplay starts, and it becomes a massive pile of shite, terrible combat, story quickly becomes nonsensical, repetetive, boring challenges to upgrade the Folks or whatever they're called. It just becomes a chore to play after about 2 hours.

Cult game my arse. It sold fuck all because it's brass.
Setting is cool, characters were interesting and atmosphere is great. I still like all those things but gameplay is repetitive as hell, the boring challenges to upgrade the Folks are like...the same everywhere, it's nothing new, "Collect 10 of these" "defeat 10 of these" etc, and again I have to play with the second character through the same levels and much of the same folks just to fucking make progress. I'm forced to do it, no choice. Fuck off with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom