• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Hahahaha Joel Campbell. He is the fucking worst -- if he plays in the Prem next season people will rage at his diving and embellishing.

Arnie

"i fink ze team is fine as it iz we av a great squad zat is ready to challenge for everything until November. i truly believe zat"

BrU4goWCAAAvny1.jpg:large

Clegg

United Bros you shouldn't read this post.

Guardian says that four years ago we were offered James for £5m but we turned that down and bought Bebe for £7.5m instead.

Arnie

Pulled this from Jonathan Norcroft's piece in today's Sunday Times (btw if anyone wants me to copy the text from a piece I have a subscription so just ask):

Liverpool are preparing for life without the disgraced striker — he has been found guilty three times of biting an opponent— by spending more than £110m on new signings.

There is growing acceptance at Anfield that Barcelona will land Suarez, who has a release clause of about £65m. Liverpool will seek Alexis Sanchez, valued at £30m, as part of any deal. They expect to confirm the £23m signing of Adam Lallana tomorrow and will pursue his Southampton teammate Dejan Lovren, who is valued in excess of £15m, and Lazar Markovic, Benfica’s £20m winger.

Liverpool also expect to confirm the £10m capture of Belgium’s outstanding teenage striker, Divock Origi, after the World Cup and have already invested £4m in the striker Rickie Lambert, also from Southampton, and agreed a £9m fee for the Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Emre Can. Barcelona are yet to contact Liverpool officially over Suarez, but have indicated they remain interested in signing him despite his suspension for biting.

Wilbur

Banned
Pulled this from Jonathan Norcroft's piece in today's Sunday Times (btw if anyone wants me to copy the text from a piece I have a subscription so just ask):

Surprised you're pushing for Lovren so much. He did have a good season but there has to be better out there you can afford.

Full backs need sorting as well. White Cafu and Black Flanagan as RBs wouldn't fill me with huge confidence, good as Jon has been recently.

Arnie

Surprised you're pushing for Lovren so much. He did have a good season but there has to be better out there you can afford.

Full backs need sorting as well. White Cafu and Black Flanagan as RBs wouldn't fill me with huge confidence, good as Jon has been recently.

Same, I really don't see what's so special about Lovren, honestly. I think he's a solid player in a decent side but nothing spectacular. Saying that, top class central defenders are really at a premium right now. Varane and Hummels are perhaps the two that stand out and we can't get either.

Regarding full backs I'd be perfectly happy with Flanagan and Moreno, assuming we can still strike a deal for the latter. I honestly have all the faith in the world in Flanno. His rise has been as prolific as Sterling's and I think he's fantastic. Basically a young Gary Neville. For the type of defender that he is he's brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom