• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croyles

Fucking love Greece. What a team, Going to be great last 30 minutes with two teams that can barely stand up anymore.

I kinda love Greece too, even though I can only bare to watch them on the side, otherwise i'd fall a sleep.

They are so comfortable in their role and don't give a shit what anyone thinks. They don't have super technical players so why should they try to play like that?

There's more than one way to play football :)

Paul-Pogba-festa-scudetto1.jpg

j6dCDflLncDA4.jpg

Walshy

Same, I really don't see what's so special about Lovren, honestly. I think he's a solid player in a decent side but nothing spectacular. Saying that, top class central defenders are really at a premium right now. Varane and Hummels are perhaps the two that stand out and we can't get either.

Regarding full backs I'd be perfectly happy with Flanagan and Moreno, assuming we can still strike a deal for the latter. I honestly have all the faith in the world in Flanno. His rise has been as prolific as Sterling's and I think he's fantastic. Basically a young Gary Neville. For the type of defender that he is he's brilliant.
I think Lovren is the best on who we can realistically get.

I can't see us signing or affording the likes of Benatia or Mangala, who would be perfect for us alongside Sakho.

Mastadon

Banned
Plus having experience in the league is a big bonus for a CB. I'd be happy with Lovren at 10m or so.

Saints should really do us a buy 2 get 1 free deal.

K1LLER7

Alhamdullilah it was fine. Tmrw will be tougher what with being at work etc. Are you planning on sleeping through most of the day?

Skiving Tarawee?
Mashallah. Same here. I've got to be up earlyish tommorow, but I usually try to stay awake till 4am and then sleep till 12/1. World Cup being on helps.

Haha not today. Hopefully tommorow though. What about you?

Also Good luck at work :)

Arnie

Plus having experience in the league is a big bonus for a CB. I'd be happy with Lovren at 10m or so.

Saints should really do us a buy 2 get 1 free deal.

He'll be closer to £20 million than £10 million.

I think he's solid, but I just don't think he's worth wrangling out of Southampton. I just feel fucking bad for them.

Clegg

He'll be closer to £20 million than £10 million.

I think he's solid, but I just don't think he's worth wrangling out of Southampton. I just feel fucking bad for them.
I felt the same with Shaw.

But at he end of the day if the signing improves your team then so be it.

Arnie

I felt the same with Shaw.

But at he end of the day if the signing improves your team then so be it.

Slightly different in that I don't know if he does.

Like, I get that we conceded a lot of goals but I want to persist with Skrtel and Sakho, honestly. Lovren would be a backup to Sakho, no?

Shaw goes straight into your team at left back because ultimately the Evra era is OVER.

Wilbur

Banned
Number of goals at World Cup 2014 so far: 145.

Total number of goals at World Cup 2010: 145.

We signed the wrong Herrera.

Should sign both of them and we'd be fucking sorted. We were linked with him last Jan weren't we? In Fergus era?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom