• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Genuinely wonder what its like to run in that kind of shape, or bigger, I come from skinny people.

Manager

Kenny bringing pizza?

Leeds United players bringing packed lunches to pre-season as cost-cutting exercise

Under the orders of new owner Massimo Cellino the kitchen is closed at the club's training ground and new head coach David Hockaday is promising a 'leaner and meaner' side

Leeds United players have reported back to pre-season training - bringing with them their own packed lunches.

Players reported back to the club's Thorp Arch training ground on Thursday, which had been closed during the off-season.

However, at the say-so of new owner Massimo Cellino, the kitchen remains closed - leaving United's trimmed down squad to bring their own packed lunches with them.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/leeds-united-players-bringing-packed-3778269

Cellino.
H7bIKlW.png

@Sport_Witness · 2h
Mundo say many clubs now interested in Sanchez; Juve, Manchester United Arsenal, Liverpool, but price shot up. Could be over €50m.

Oh boy

@Sport_Witness · 2h
Growing number of reports in Spain over the last few days saying that Suarez needs to apologise for his bite before Barca will buy him.

Oh Buy x 2

Feorax

Barca suddenly value Sanchez at 50m?

Well isn't that convenient when they're trying to make up the shortfall on Suarez's buyout clause...

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Barca suddenly value Sanchez at 50m?

Well isn't that convenient when they're trying to make up the shortfall on Suarez's buyout clause...

Whats the minimum you would take if you got Sanchez in a swap? Taking into account you may want him out.

mil6es

Barca could value Sanchez at 80mil, means fuck all to us, we have something they want so we have the bargaining power here

D_prOdigy

I think I'm like 9 stone or something but I've been told by girls that I'm surprisingly strong in the bedroom.

EDIT: or just in general, I mean

Feorax

Whats the minimum you would take if you got Sanchez in a swap? Taking into account you may want him out.

£45m. Means we'd value Sanchez at about £40m, which is a bit steep, but we could do a fair bit with that money.

I'm very happy with our summer so far, and the names being linked, but I can't help but feel a little concerned that the biggest deficiency in our team is being neglected.

Didn't he already reject you guys?

He just had a good world cup showing to be fair.

Rumoured, but nothing concrete. Besides which, I'm sure if Barca really want this deal done, they'll be having a word with him about it (maybe some sort of lump sum payoff to make the deal happen? I don't know really).

omgkitty

Guys...Arsenal are gonna sign someone!

Sven Claes ‏@svenclaes

#Arsenal is negotiating with David Henen (18). Belgian striker from #RSCA played last year on loan for Monaco. Fee: €1.5M.

This is looking awfully familiar....

gun__1377000736_player_sanogo.jpg

Mr Cola

I suppose the weirdest thing ot me about signing Lallana is it feels like a sideways step for Liverpool. Then again people could say the same about Shaw/Herrera, difference being we needed some surgery in those areas.

K1LLER7

Tom McDermott
"#mufc certainly trying to get Vermaelan and Vidal (more problematic) and also trying to get the Carvalho price tag lowered."

Pls stop trying to get Vermaelan. Carvalho €25m tops. Vidal ain't happening.

Mr Cola

Tom McDermott
"#mufc certainly trying to get Vermaelan and Vidal (more problematic) and also trying to get the Carvalho price tag lowered."

Everyone seems to have cooled off on Carvalho after his WC. I agree, this nonsense with Vidal is silly, it would take a sum so high that it would drastically overvalue him.

Wilbur

Banned
Tom McDermott

Have to trust LVG regarding Verm, but I don't see what the fuck there is to trust. Better going forward than he is defending. Don't like that.

Feorax

I suppose the weirdest thing ot me about signing Lallana is it feels like a sideways step for Liverpool. Then again people could say the same about Shaw/Herrera, difference being we needed some surgery in those areas.

If he's playing in the middle of the park, as has been suggested, then he's a big help in terms of energy and pressing. To a degree, he is a step sideways, but more of the same isn't necessarily a bad thing if he's going to be able to do some of the stuff that only Hendo was able to do last year.

Need that squad depth for the CL.

EDIT:

Dirk's heatmap from last night is amazing.

BrYG2ZnCAAAF3j1.png

Mr Cola

One thing that comes out from LvG, came out yesterday too, he appears to have contingencies for every scenario. Apparently he predicted the last 15 minutes yesterday so they prepared for how to approach it.

Jarnet87

I'd of liked a less injury prone veteran CB, but I'm fine with Vermaelen. He's got PL experience and if he can stay healthy he's shown he can be a quality defender. I hope we get him and Stefan de Vrij as we need at least 4 CBs. Maybe there is a defender or two in the reserves that is ready to be in the first team. We still also need a right back to cover for Rafael, why do we keep neglecting this !

K1LLER7

Defence: Rafa, Jones, Smalling, Evans, Evra, Shaw, Vermaelen/Vrij.

Need to promote somebody from the U21s to cover for Rafa or we'll have to play Jones/Smalling there instead.

He is better than Cesc when Cesc was 17. I watched him play all season. He will feature a lot this season trust me. I've only owned 1 Arsenal kit with a nam on the back and that;s Henry, the nest will be Zelalem.

As far as I know, Zelalem didn't do as well as his reputation suggests for the u21s.

WJD

Sent off an internship application this morning and got one back saying the programme was quite full but asking for an interview anyway. This is good right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom