• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

But that's just it

'Surround him with the cream of the world's attacking talent, and Benzema is okay because he's not obsessed with being the fulcrum'

Doesn't that sound a bit like you're describing an average player rather than a good one?
Fulcrum is pretty good wheat beer. A bit strong maybe, compared to say, Hoegaarden.

Wilbur

Banned
What the fuck is Enyeama doing :lol

But that's just it

'Surround him with the cream of the world's attacking talent, and Benzema is okay because he's not obsessed with being the fulcrum'

Doesn't that sound a bit like you're describing an average player rather than a good one?

No, that's not the point we're making. He's fantastic at making chances for his team mates, opening up space for them. He just isn't an extremely clinical finisher, which is unfortunate when you're a striker.

He and Giroud are quite similar players actually in terms of style. Benzema's better in all departments though.

fuenf

BILD is reporting that Hummels is out of tonights game (fever). Mustafi will most likely replace him. Pre-Emptive fuck you Löw, play Durm!

What the fuck is Enyeama doing :lol

No, that's not the point we're making. He's fantastic at making chances for his team mates, opening up space for them. He just isn't an extremely clinical finisher, which is unfortunate when you're a striker.

He and Giroud are quite similar players actually in terms of style. Benzema's better in all departments though.

I genuinely don't think he's that great at making chances. He's great at giving them space, and giving them the ball to create their own chances imo

Suen

Dunno why Enyama tries to catch the ball when it's so far out. If you're going that far out just punch away the ball you grapefruit.

omgkitty

BILD is reporting that Hummels is out of tonights game (fever). Mustafi will most likely replace him. Pre-Emptive fuck you Löw, play Durm!

No kidding. Not sure why he loves Mustafi all of a sudden. Just move Howedes inside and play Durm on the left.

Kikarian

Cleverley's greatest strength is his headers
Why has he all of a sudden stopped his movement off the ball. That's one of the things if not the only thing that stood out to me about him.

After passing the ball, he'd move into space receive it again and attack. He rarely does it anymore, and since, has gone downhill.

Why has he all of a sudden stopped his movement off the ball. That's one of the things if not the only thing that stood out to me about him.

After passing the ball, he'd move into space receive it again and attack. He rarely does it anymore, and since, has gone downhill.

Wilshere is similar, though not to the same extent. He used to be fucking brilliant at finding the right space in midfield to receive the ball and turn, or pass

fuenf

No kidding. Not sure why he loves Mustafi all of a sudden. Just move Howedes inside and play Durm on the left.

Boateng at CB and Großkreutz at RB would also be a viable alternative, but given that both Großkreutz and Durm arent CBs both of this options would make too much sense.

dc89

I had a flutter on Over 10 corners and over 1.5 team goals at 1/1

Cashed out shortly after the goal, I'll take a £2 loss as I can't see them scoring again.

Kikarian

Wilshere is similar, though not to the same extent. He used to be fucking brilliant at finding the right space in midfield to receive the ball and turn, or pass
I guess how injury prone he is, is playing on the back of his mind constantly. So he's probably being a bit more conservative.

Cleverley on the other hand, there's no excuse.

Guuuuuys

Where's Sunhi? :( no gifs?

ibosQfHI0Mvn1I.gif

No Sunhi gifs =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom