• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
All that CONCACAF stuff in the OT the other day was a good example of how people love or even yearn to feel like they're apart of something in a group. It's all of course a huge follow the leader mentality (similar to much of the gaming side), but it's also very obvious that the majority of those people that are posting do not follow the sport, or sports in general, and are just doing what they feel they need to to blend in. It's all fairly predictable behavior.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Tonight we'll know if Germany have what it takes to win the WC. If they destroy Algeria, then that's that.
Bumped because Zabo is top of the page material

IhIG2F1.png

Hey Yurt, I think you should check out this Dutch hiphop record. It will really get you into our language. Feel the groove, feel the vibe, feel Typhoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JHfNCHEN3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAyj8yZ6btw

DO IT
Hohohohooo sounds like fun! Dank je wel! Je kunt heerlijk gember <3

Kikarian

All that CONCACAF stuff in the OT the other day was a good example of how people love or even yearn to feel like they're apart of something in a group. It's all of course a huge follow the leader mentality (similar to much of the gaming side), but it's also very obvious that the majority of those people that are posting do not follow the sport, or sports in general, and are just doing what they feel they need to to blend in. It's all fairly predictable behavior.
Welcome to GAF.

A few people agree with someone? Everyone else has the same opinion even if there real opinion is completely different.

Meier

I think it's just people falling in line with "SEC! SEC! SEC!" There's a propensity to cheer on your conference in American sports for many people. I don't subscribe to it, but I'm happy for Costa Rica. What an incredible story.

3Sixty

According to AD.nl Southampton have now agreed a €12 million fee with Twente, and its now only a matter of time before the deal is completed, with Tadic keen on the move.

Tadic, who can play on the wing or in the centre of midfield, has been a star performer for Twente ever since joining the club from Groningen in 2012, with the Serbian making 85 appearances in Enschede, and scoring 32 goals.

---

Everything is coming up Millhouse

I think it's just people falling in line with "SEC! SEC! SEC!" There's a propensity to cheer on your conference in American sports for many people. I don't subscribe to it, but I'm happy for Costa Rica. What an incredible story.

Pfft, they couldn't even beat England

hiroshawn

Banned
I don't you guys understand...there's like 2 weeks of just training and shit...they don't just randomly show up for the first friendly.

World cup is training. Most of the guys who play in the WC won't even feature for a lot of pre-season. ZSomeone else can lead training. How is Wenger supposed to make signings commentate, play beach volley ball and train players at the same time.

Barzul

Looks like Sanchez really could be at the Emirates next season. Duncan Castles says we're the furthest along in a deal for him and as much as i dislike the guy, he was on the money with the RVP transfer and he also called the Suarez apology. Guy has solid football contacts. I'm starting to believe. We sign a player like that and a DM, RB, Backup GK and we're set for next season.

LegoArmo

Looks like Sanchez really could be at the Emirates next season. Duncan Castles says we're the furthest along in a deal for him and as much as i dislike the guy, he was on the money with the RVP transfer and he also called the Suarez apology. Guy has solid football contacts. I'm starting to believe. We sign a player like that and a DM, RB, Backup GK and we're set for next season.

Would be a great signing.

hiroshawn

Banned

4-3-1-2

wedward

I think we end up with Sanchez, debuchy, Schneiderlin, some random gk and remy.

Barzul

I think we end up with Sanchez, debuchy, Schneiderlin, some random gk and remy.

If we sign Sanchez, Remy isn't happening. We won't sign Remy unless Walcott refuses to renew or something. His contract was only for 3yrs iirc and he only has 2 of those left. I don't want anymore contract issue. With Ozil behind them, Walcott + Sanchez (I really hope this happens) will shitloads of goals.

wedward

that would be a quality list of signings, though seems like a lot of new players for Wenger to buy at once. would fucking love Sanchez though.

Well gk and rb are a must.

We have needed a dm for 9 years and Wenger has been after one for a while.

If we get Sanchez I could see us not getting a striker and playing him up top.

I fully expect at least 4 signings. And we won't announce any of them until the end of August.

3Sixty

If we sign Sanchez, Remy isn't happening. We won't sign Remy unless Walcott refuses to renew or something. His contract was only for 3yrs iirc and he only has 2 of those left. I don't want anymore contract issue. With Ozil behind them, Walcott + Sanchez (I really hope this happens) will shitloads of goals.

Theo is coming home m8

wedward

Theo has 2 years left. I think he will be sold next summer.

Feorax

I think it's entirely possible that Sanchez goes to Arsenal, but I suspect that pretty much ends all possibility of Suarez going to Barca.

There's no way Barca will pay the asking price in full, and I don't think there's any other player we'd want in exchange.

Yen

BrY5NyLIYAABrws.jpg

My sis graduates on Wednesday, missed Brendan by two days.

I think it's entirely possible that Sanchez goes to Arsenal, but I suspect that pretty much ends all possibility of Suarez going to Barca.

There's no way Barca will pay the asking price in full, and I don't think there's any other player we'd want in exchange.

Yep. Sturridge, Lambert, Sterling, Markovic until November, it looks like.

GQman2121

Banned

Surprised Remy hasn't already been wrapped up. Regardless of other deals, I think he's a decent addition to your squad. His wages wouldn't be that much, would they?

Özil would be great with Sanchez. That would be fantastic.

Going to be very interesting to see how that one plays out. It sounds like Arsenal have done the groundwork in order to sign him but Liverpool could really just hold the entire thing up.

Suppose it depends on whether they can convince Sanchez to join them instead. On paper I can't see why not but then things are never that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom