• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Liverpool-gaf, assuming you sell Suarez and sign Sanchez and Lallana, what is your starting lineup?

------------------Mignolet------------------
Johnson - Skrtel ----- Sakho - Alberto
--------------------Gerrard----------------
-------------Hendo-------Lallana---------
--------------------Sterling-----------------
------------Sturridge--Sanchez--------

I'm not sure we'll get Sanchez but I think Suarez is gone. No idea how his £65-80m is reinvested. Maybe a move back to 433. In which case, I could see us getting Markovic and Shaqiri.
We're probably after a CB, we'll probably sign Lovren for over the odds.
Think Johnson will still be our no 1, even though Flanno shows many times more passion and determination.

The Sanchez, Lallana, and Markovic deals basically mean we can have seven or so players that can come into our frontline and offer enough individual quality to win a game of premier league football, as opposed to the 4 we had last season.

(Sterling, Sturridge, Lallana, Coutinho, Lambert, Sanchez, Markovic)
dis
i'd like to think we'd have signed Moreno for LB and another RB and they would be in the first team. I'm also unsure of Gerrard starting, I think he should be an impact sub.
I think Can will rotate with him and play the domestic cups, and we know from last season that Rodgers is happy to bring on Lucas for Gerrard with the sole intention of killing the game (if we are ahead).

Wilbur

Banned
i'd like to think we'd have signed Moreno for LB and another RB and they would be in the first team. I'm also unsure of Gerrard starting, I think he should be an impact sub.

I think Gerrard should too, but likelihood is he won't be. He'll probably sit out a few more home matches in the PL though.

Shoot if we're doing lineups. With Sanchez, Debuchy and Scheniderlin.

Szcz, Debuchy, Kos, Merte, Gibbs, Shcneiderlin, Ramsey, Sanchez, Ozil, Theo, Giroud.

That team would wreck shit.

Is Schneiderlin much more than hope at the moment? Reported anywhere notable?

Good team though. Full backs could be improved.

3Sixty

----------------------Marshall-----------------
Chambers----Fonte----Lovren----Clyne
----------------Cork----Wanyama----------
Tadic--------------JWP-----------------JRod
---------------------Pelle------------------------

Liverpool-gaf, assuming you sell Suarez and sign Sanchez and Lallana, what is your starting lineup?

--------------------------------Sturridge---------------------------------

-------Sanchez----------------------------------------Lallana--------

---------------------------------Sterling----------------------------------

---------------------Henderson-----------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------Gerrard----------------------

Enrique------------Sakho------------Skrtel-------------Flanagan

---------------------------------Mignolet----------------------------------

Assuming we don't have any other transfers. Lallana would want to play where Sterling is, but tough titties, shitbeard.

Defense is still weak as piss, not sure if I'd prefer Flanagan leftback and Johnson rightback. Sanchez in something of a free role, not restrained to staying on the left wing

wedward

I think Gerrard should too, but likelihood is he won't be. He'll probably sit out a few more home matches in the PL though.

Is Schneiderlin much more than hope at the moment? Reported anywhere notable?

Good team though. Full backs could be improved.

Some French journalist who people claim is reliable.

Shouldn't be a hard deal to complete. Not even sure if Wenger wants him though. I bet for the price Southampton want Wenger would rather go after someone like Bender or Khedira.

Ostinatto

+We're likely to go higher than Arsenal in wages
+We had a better league season last year
+Rodgers is young and his palms are made of dreams and silk
+Suarez means Barca would rather sell to us than Arsenal

-Arsenal can match us in wages if they choose
-Wenger is a more prominent manager who players would like to play under
-London is more attractive than Liverpool
-Arsenal have been near the top for much longer than us, and have a much better domestic record in recent history

That about covers it, no? Plenty of legit reasons to choose either of us, if it comes down to it.

He's terrible at learning new languages, so - to both teams.

Meier

6gRIiiX.jpg

Houston Dynamo joining the Fly Emirates family supposedly.

Wilbur

Banned
All the formations I'm in fucking HEAVEN

Never seen Tadic play, what's the craic on him

(Oh and can everyone stop feeling sorry for 3sixty now, they lose Lallana and they've got a class prospect like JWP stepping in cheers m8s)

Scum

Alexis this. Sanchez that. I really hope he decides to stay.

Can we Clyne please? You can have Po back in Nov.

Yes! The Inter fan base is growing on here. I want more Serie A wars.

You guys should sign Kiyotake. Nurnberg were just relegated and he's a really good player. He will be a steal for anyone.

3Sixty

All in all to replace Lallana & Lambert with Tadic and Pelle i'd be pretty happy.

As for Shaw, Clyne may well fill in at LB until based Matty Target is ready. That LB from Nice that everyone was raving looks like he is off to West Ham which probably says alot about his actual ability.

I think Liverpool's biggest advantage is that Barca won't sell Sanchez until Suarez is confirmed

I think Sanchez would prefer going to team with a more proven track record for CL and domestic titles

Wilbur

Banned
Time for UNITED

DDG; Rafael, New CB, Evans, Shaw; Herrera, New CM, Mata; Januzaj, RVP, Rooney

* I think injuries to Evans and Rafael will ensure Jones and Smalling get enough game time, and can see Shaw and Evra sharing the load pretty equally next year.

* Certainly need someone of higher quality alongside Evans (whose distribution will be pretty valuable); would never have pinged Vermaelen as the answer but I'm prepared to trust the mad bastard for now.

* Carrick will have his uses next year, and I'm pretty sure if rested enough he can still play a big part. Mata might play on the wing instead of Januzaj, but could see him being used like Sneijder is at the moment.

* LVG will really like Welbeck, that I'm sure of. A Kuyt like workhorse who is tactically disciplined, but younger and more skilful. Januzaj, Welbeck and Shinji (as well as aforementioned Mata) are all candidates for that role.

Wilbur

Banned
All in all to replace Lallana & Lambert with Tadic and Pelle i'd be pretty happy.

As for Shaw, Clyne may well fill in at LB until based Matty Target is ready. That LB from Nice that everyone was raving looks like he is off to West Ham which probably says alot about his actual ability.

Oh, and Marshall? That hasn't been confirmed somewhere and I've missed it?

Really like him, definite step up from Boruc in most areas, even if shot stopping is pretty even.

Barzul

Ah ok. So we should have no problem with Sanchez's wage. Apparently he is on 185k at Barca.

No wonder they're looking to shift him. We could easily pay that with Bendtner and Park gone. Fucking wage leeches. Park especially at least Bendtner actually contributed to our season.

3Sixty

Oh, and Marshall? That hasn't been confirmed somewhere and I've missed it?

Really like him, definite step up from Boruc in most areas, even if shot stopping is pretty even.

It's just a link. But a solid one. Apparently he wants first team football. Cardiff want a lot of monies doe.

Scum

Time for UNITED

* I think injuries to Evans and Rafael will ensure Jones and Smalling get enough game time, and can see Shaw and Evra sharing the load pretty equally next year.

* Certainly need someone of higher quality alongside Evans (whose distribution will be pretty valuable); would never have pinged Vermaelen as the answer but I'm prepared to trust the mad bastard for now.

* Carrick will have his uses next year, and I'm pretty sure if rested enough he can still play a big part. Mata might play on the wing instead of Januzaj, but could see him being used like Sneijder is at the moment.

* LVG will really like Welbeck, that I'm sure of. A Kuyt like workhorse who is tactically disciplined, but younger and more skilful. Januzaj, Welbeck and Shinji (as well as aforementioned Mata) are all candidates for that role.

Where's the formation? Lazy sod.

Time for UNITED

What formation though WIlbury?

Edit: I wonder who LVG rates higher between Evans and Jones?
I don't see Januzaj being a regular yet under LVG. Welbeck you bring up a good point, but if we want someone like Kuyt I would just rather get Kuyt.

Yen

Ad for BT on the tv there. Gareth Bale with a ludicrous Alice band.
BT Sports is free with broadband (there was talk that that deal was only for one year). BT Broadband is utter shite though. Utter, utter sewage.

Time for UNITED

iyBr7nOb9Hohx.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom