• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT24| we believe that we will win - it's just a reflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Goodness sake I hate the arsenal bashing but Arsenal fans comparing Vidal to Ramsey? Fucking hell.

Hate this shit. Enjoy the footy rather than pointless comparisons and stupid banter over and over and over again.
:looool

YES LIGHTNING

INDICT THEM

Fwiw if ArsenalGAF was you, Salva, Free and the Parlay Prince I'd be unrecognisable.

These two jokers are just irresistible, though

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I love how this WC has brough back pressing aggressive football, please LvG, bring this to United

GQman2121

Banned
This is wide open for Algeria right now. If they don't score first I still see them losing just like Nigeria did earlier by two late goals.

wedward

I don't think United being out of the Champions League matters as much as some of you think.

You're signing a 5 year contract with a club, so you'll get 4 in and 1 out. Whereas if you sign for Liverpool, or Arsenal, you're getting 1 in and 4 out.

Not sure players are that short sighted.

It's 17 in mate.

Arnie

I don't think United being out of the Champions League matters as much as some of you think.

You're signing a 5 year contract with a club, so you'll get 4 in and 1 out. Whereas if you sign for Liverpool, or Arsenal, you're getting 1 in and 4 out.

Not sure players are that short sighted.
When your career's as precious and valuable as that of a professional footballer's I don't think you can be that blindly optimistic.

pulga

Banned
Ramsey is absolutely comparable to Vidal especially as he is still developing and Vidal is pretty much at his peak. Ramsey will be even better next season.

iWlYxf0Rzrw2c.gif

and you people wonder why everyone shits on ArsenalGAF

PUT YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER LIGHTNING

jtb

Banned
Ramsey was the best player in Europe the first half of the season. He'll be fine. Vidal's been doing it consistently (admittedly in a moribund league) for a few years, Ramsey's got to keep up that level of performance to compare. I don't see any reason to believe he won't though; returned from injury without missing a beat.

operon

Derry area isn't too bad. Almost all covered by VM and BT fibre bar my village where it's just BT fibre available.

I thought almost all of our cabinets were fibre enabled now.

Edit - 90% of homes so far.
The only good thing peter and marty have done is our broadband. 70meg is just the shit and 16 upload is so useful.

Wilbur

Banned
I've got a bag of revels and a corona.

Just had a lovely medium steak.

Nathan can attest. And WJD.

It did look delicious. I prefer mine a little more rare, but looked a nice cut.

I'm sitting here in my Tiempos with some blood orange juice and a Mars cake bar

omgkitty

Let's put 4 of our slowest players on defense and then have our wide backs play high up the field. All of this against a counter attacking side.

Pennywise

The Mad Man should take charge.

We've got two players on the bench who have proven themselves against Madrid and other classy teams (yeah Pulga, keep masturbating) and yet he keep's his lousy tactics with 4 CBs as defense...

Boateng and Mertesacker isn't working either.

pulga

Banned
Ramsey was the best player in Europe the first half of the season.

Wes just ban them all at this point. It's the only way. Freewheelin can stay though.

jtb, most improved certainly, but weren't Ronaldo, Messi and Suarez breaking records in the first half of last season?

Obviously Ramsey became a kind of attacking CM, but still

Ramsey and Vidal are comparable. They both play the box-to-box role very well and Ramsey is starting to show promise, similar to what happened to Vidal in Leverkusen. If you can't compare Vidal to Ramsey then who in world football can you compare him too. Ramsey will do numbers again next season.

Barzul

iWlYxf0Rzrw2c.gif

and you people why everyone shits on ArsenalGAF

PUT YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER LIGHTNING

Lightning doesn't have to say or do anything. I'm comparing two players that play similar positions with similar influence on their teams. It'll take a full season of an injured Ramsey for the rest of footygaf to see the light. I'm not saying he's better than Vidal right now, but he is certainly not far away. At least not far away enough that comparing the two players should be seen as ridiculous. Not like I'm comparing Vidal to Fellaini or Wilshere or something.

Yen

The only good thing peter and marty have done is our broadband. 70meg is just the shit and 16 upload is so useful.

Derry area isn't too bad. Almost all covered by VM and BT fibre bar my village where it's just BT fibre available.

I thought almost all of our cabinets were fibre enabled now.

Edit - 90% of homes so far.
I'm just outside the town and that is the kicker apparently. BT have no interest in expanding fibre any further out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom