• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manager

City Watch @City_Watch · 7h
Dimitri Seluk (Yaya's agent): "If he (Yaya) was white, 100% he would have won one of these top awards."

Seluk (Yaya's agent): "I will see Yaya for a couple of days before he goes to America (for City's pre-season tour) when we will talk."

Seluk (Yaya's agent): "If an important club like PSG or R. Madrid made a big offer it would be for Manchester City to decide what happens."

And every Bosnian newspaper has linked to City's POTY to vote for Dzeko.
SIzwYkR.png

Lightning

Banned
west brom?
Hahahahahaha

Reading through some of the Liverpool pundits reactions to our signing of Sanchez is putting me in fits of laughter.

Neither would I if we had Sanchez!
He's the reason I'm not scared of Chelsea. We can attract top players once again. No need to worry about them, all they can do is offer more money but I'm not overly worried about it. There are others, we can attract players now since we are not selling our best talent.

GorillaJu

Duncan Castles confirmed it too, in most major newspapers now. They're spending £32m for potential, it goes against everything Txiki has showed before. Really hope the fee isn't true.

Paying 32m because he's a fuckin Porto player, and you're City. You'll always have to overpay given the reputation Porto always overcharges.

Porto is the Square Enix of football clubs. There's a huge fucking tax on anything you buy from them but the quality is only perceived through reputation. Lots of stinkers gone for big money from them and Benfica.

Manager

Paying 32m because he's a fuckin Porto player, and you're City. You'll always have to overpay given the reputation Porto always overcharges.

Porto is the Square Enix of football clubs. There's a huge fucking tax on anything you buy from them but the quality is only perceived through reputation. Lots of stinkers gone for big money from them and Benfica.

Yeah I know, they seem very shady and I don't get why the fuck they don't just sign Benatia from Roma instead. Even signing these two seems to have been hell. Deep down I'm hoping it has something to do with Fernando signing a new contract and that high fee for him, meaning Mangala will go for less money. There was a lot of talk about that in January in the press.

Signing young Mangala is sort of a letdown for the academy though, plus Nastasic who was seen as good as Mangala before the injuries and now he'll be backup forever. And Mangala's even said he'd rather go to London/Chelsea instead!

Final spending:
Willy Caballero £4.4m
Bacary Sagna Free
Fernando Reges £12m
Eliaquim Mangala £32m?
Bruno Zuculini £2m

Lightning

Banned
Angry laughter?
No. Very happy laughter since they are pissy about it which is hilarious.

Read this for example:

After what seemed like weeks of speculation Arsenal finally won the tug-of-war battle with Liverpool over Barcelona striker Alexis Sanchez.

The Chilean striker completed his £30 million switch to London after turning down a move to join Brendan Rodgers’ Reds revolution.

Liverpool Legend turned Sky Sports pundit Phil Thompson recently stated that the 25-year-old’s move to Anfield was a done deal.

But after confirmation that the player has moved to Arsenal, Thompson told Sky Sports News: ‘Sanchez doesn’t know what he’s missing by not joining Liverpool. The passion, power and worldwide recognition of Liverpool is strong.’

I have to agree with Thompson’s comments, although I believe it’s a great signing for Arsenal and a big disappointment for Liverpool, especially after losing Luis Suarez to Barcelona.

But although Arsenal are a big club they can’t equal Liverpool who have a massive global fan base and a remarkable history and tradition.

Sanchez will never be appreciated the way Anfield’s heroes have been over the years – and the departed Suarez will realise this too.

After a few years in the doldrums Liverpool seem to be back where they belong in the Champions League and challenging for the title and Sanchez has turned down the chance to be part of this exciting new era under Rodgers.

I think Sanchez has been tempted by the attraction of living in London instead of moving for footballing reasons to Liverpool.

This begs the question – is Sanchez just another Charlie Nicholas?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

No. Very happy laughter since they are pissy about it which is hilarious.

Read this for example:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

well Phil Tompson is a muppet for saying it was a done deal a few weeks ago, no one will take him seriously anymore.

secondly why does LFC keep having to toute the history line, NO ONE GIVES A FUCK about our history anymore

Manager

I love Fernandiho he is fantastic, been great seeing him and Gustavo for Brazil.

Yep, and with Fernando here, Fernandinho would be able to take a step up for a more advanced role (Yaya's) like he had in Brazil and Shakthar without City being damaged for it.

City were always vulnerable with Yaya in CM, he crawls back after a run. Pretty sure he'll play a lot more attacking midfield now, with Fernandinho and Fernando behind him. At least in CL and good PL opposition.

plenty of adequate replacements for Yaya out there, a few of them are even outright upgrades.

But how many of them would cost less than £20m?

Lightning

Banned
I honestly reckon that Liverpool are buying the wrong Benfica player. I'd have rathered Rodrigo personally. I think he's an awesome player. He would be a bit expensive but he could do a limited job at replacing Suarez.

But how many of them would cost less than £20m?
Why less than £20m?

jtb

Banned
players like Kroos, Fabregas moving for 20-30m range. the tricky part is the timing rather than the price, imo; have to be opportunistic with signings like those and sign them up immediately when they become available otherwise some other club will snap them up.

wedward

well Phil Tompson is a muppet for saying it was a done deal a few weeks ago, no one will take him seriously anymore.

secondly why does LFC keep having to toute the history line, NO ONE GIVES A FUCK about our history anymore

Don't think it's just Liverpool. I would guess the majority of players(aside from the English) don't care about a clubs history beyond a year or two.

Would Ozil have signed if he did? Cazorla? Sanchez?

It matters to fans more than the players.

Same with atmosphere at the stadium.

Manager

Mangala seems to be more of a stronger Demichelis than a new Kompany. Strong, fast, aggressive, but prone to mistakes. As long as City can continue scoring, that won't be a problem against lesser opposition (just like with Demichelis). But, in CL playoffs, it's a different story...

Even Sakho and Ibra looks SIMILAR SIZE compared to him:
j8pIGsASeK2Wr.jpg

juhr8RQPebsBt.jpg

players like Kroos, Fabregas moving for 20-30m range. the tricky part is the timing rather than the price, imo; have to be opportunistic with signings like those and sign them up immediately when they become available otherwise some other club will snap them up.

Yeah and Yaya was such a signing, and City would surely be there now if it wasn't for the ban. But, in this summer, I doubt Kroos would go to City and Fabregas always wanted London. But thankfully, if there's anything Txiki has it's contacts and he'd know the market if Yaya force himself out.

However, there are surely only two clubs in the world ready to pay £250k a week for a 31 y/o, PSG and Monaco. The agent is talking about Real Madrid and that probably shows that there's no offer on the table.

Why less than £20m?

FFP ban, no space left except for sold players. Yaya will probably go for less than £20m.

Linius

I wonder if Vertonghen will go to Barca. Would be an Ajax reunion over there with him and Suarez in the same transfer window.

Also read that Spurs are interested in Veltman if Vertonghen goes. They've been linking that boy to about every EPL club by now and makes no sense :p

Lightning

Banned
FFP ban, no space left except for sold players. Yaya will probably go for less than £20m.
Yaya's wages are outrageous though so massive saving there and you could get more out of PSG if that's where he wants to go. They paid stupid money for an average player like Luiz so anything is possible with them. Could get a lot out of them.

Yaya's agent sounds like a tool. A complete bellend.

wedward

I never said he's tall, I just meant he's built like a tank. Similar like Richards, who honestly always was too big.

Ibra looks bigger and Sahko looks about that same.

Mangala looks like a footballer.

Richards looks like a competitive eating champ.

GorillaJu

[WARNING: DARK SOULS] I just took down O&S using 2x claw... finally feel like I earned it. First two times were a bit easy using Black Knight weapons. What a fucking fight. <3 this game

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I wonder if Vertonghen will go to Barca. Would be an Ajax reunion over there with him and Suarez in the same transfer window.

Also read that Spurs are interested in Veltman if Vertonghen goes. They've been linking that boy to about every EPL club by now and makes no sense :p

If Barca pay £25-30m then I think we will sell him, are they going to spend that on a defender though?

Linius

25m for a hack like Vertonghen? Someone at Barca would need brain surgery to even consider it.

Vertonghen would be great for Barca. Though I have to admit I haven't followed him at Spurs. His world cup was pretty good.

And well the money, the market is fucked. It seems almost normal these days to overpay for players.

Ushojax

Vertonghen would be great for Barca. Though I have to admit I haven't followed him at Spurs. His world cup was pretty good.

And well the money, the market is fucked. It seems almost normal these days to overpay for players.

The WC was the first time he's played well for an entire year. The guy could not have given less of a shit last season, he was one of our worst players. He stopped working hard after his debut season.

Linius

The WC was the first time he's played well for an entire year. The guy could not have given less of a shit last season, he was one of our worst players. He stopped working hard after his debut season.

Awh, that's too bad. He never let us down during his time at Ajax. Hope he crawls back up then.

Woodward is having a short rest before LVG is at his throat at 23:00 tonight asking him why he hasn't signed Vidal yet. Next week is going to be great.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Finished The Wolf Among Us last night. Good stuff, much better than The Walking Dead.

That last two acts were reaaaally short compared to the first ones and anything in TWD.

[WARNING: DARK SOULS] I just took down O&S using 2x claw... finally feel like I earned it. First two times were a bit easy using Black Knight weapons. What a fucking fight. <3 this game
Best game ever

Nope, not hyperbole.

Ushojax

It seems like we have actually signed the 'Nigerian Messi', although as always with these African prospects there is a mountain of hangers-on and dodgy people to wade through before actually getting them.

Nigeria U20 winger Musa Yahaya will depart the country for London on Monday to begin pre-season training with English Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur, his agent has informed AfricanFootball.com

Yahaya, who was standout performer as Nigeria won a record fourth FIFA U17 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates last year, has signed a pre-contract agreement with Spurs after shunning several other top clubs including Manchester City.

“Musa has been released by the Flying Eagles to join Spurs for pre-season training on Monday,” the player’s agent Babawo Mohammed told AfricanFootball.com

“He’s an exciting prospect and naturally very excited with this opportunity, which will most certainly enhance his rising profile.”

Babawo further disclosed Yahaya is expected to join Spanish La Liga club Celta Vigo in September after his training stint with Spurs.

The winger, 17 in December, has been loaned out to Celta Vigo.

Several other players from the Flying Eagles have been released from their training camp in Abuja to team up with their European clubs in time for the forthcoming season.

Kelechi Iheanacho and Chidiebere Nwakali are with Manchester City, while Taiwo Awoniyi is training with Swedish club Kalmar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom