• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohois

Khedira really isn't very good. Peeps probs gonna think I'm trolling but it's weird how he's suddenly being painted as some kind of coup for Arsenal.

Let's get Benatia. Never seen him play but he's meant to be good.

I said this the first time. Would find it hilarious if Arsenal set up a great transfer window and then blew it by splashing all their cash on Khedira.

FootballFan

Khedira really isn't very good. Peeps probs gonna think I'm trolling but it's weird how he's suddenly being painted as some kind of coup for Arsenal.

Let's get Benatia. Never seen him play but he's meant to be good.

The germany - Brazil game has made people go insane.

This guy in the wc thread was saying Kroos is the player of the tournament in all seriousness.

Please.

PLEASE.

Barzul

No I mean that a box to box CM and an inside forward/off the striker forward are probably the areas of your team least in need of attention.

Taking an overly simplistic view on this. Like those are the only roles they're going to play in the team. Sanchez will get games at CF. Same as Khedira at DM.

Taking an overly simplistic view on this. Like those are the only roles they're going to play in the team. Sanchez will get games at CF. Same as Khedira at DM.

So they're being used in a utility capacity? Sometimes in weaker positions? That's a lot of money to spend on that. I would personally prefer to see my club sign players for their best position (I realise there is a certain irony in this as Fergie's screwed up on that end a fair bit).

jtb

Banned
Khedira has been playing in the exact same defensive-ish role for the past four years at Madrid that we have a need in at Arsenal. I don't see how this is an issue. On paper, he fills that need. On the pitch... we'll just have to see.

Barzul

Just like we didn't need Ozil last year. We still won our first trophy in 9 years with his addition. The important thing that this window is showing me is that we can now compete financially with other teams. I'll trust that Wenger knows what he is doing.

Khedira has been playing in the exact same defensive-ish role for the past four years at Madrid that we have a need in at Arsenal. I don't see how this is an issue. On paper, he fills that need. On the pitch... we'll just have to see.

But lest we forget to look at his performances past the Brazil game, he's hardly set the world on fire at RM.

Pennywise

i want

Ass Creed
Destiny
Drive Club
Dragon Age
PES
TLOU
Far cry 4
GTAV Remake
NBA 2K14

enough for me this year

Gonna go for TLOU, Fifa , Driveclub (getting it for 20€ from ama D:), Dragon Age, Diablo 3 and most likely Destiny.

Depending on the quality, I might gonna get PES and GTAV a bit later.

I'm not sure Arsenal GAF are "painting him as a coup" in the qualitative sense.

Don't think he is anything more than good, anyway.

It's more disbelief in another big signing in the same transfer window. Surprised you couldn't see that Viv.

I wasn't talking about Arsenal GAF.

Obviously they'd be excited about it.

Plenty of journalists and the like, even opposition fans, convinced it's a great signing. It's not.

Barzul

If PSG sign Di Maria. Who do they sell? I'm thinking Cavani but for how much and to what team. They can't spend 43m pounds on David Luiz and spend the same on Di Maria without having to let someone big go.

jtb

Banned
Not true, Alonso's been good, Makelele was very good. Thing is they're proper DMs. I don't think Khedira is, and that's kinda the point I'm trying to make.

I agree with your skepticism of Khedria though I wouldn't call Alonso a DM. His responsibilities were always more creative than defensive, at both Madrid and Liverpool. Khedira had more defensive responsibilities, or at least, more ball winning responsibilities, than Alonso at Madrid, same with Mascherano at Liverpool.

Pennywise

Not true, Alonso's been good, Makelele was very good. Thing is they're proper DMs. I don't think Khedira is, and that's kinda the point I'm trying to make.

The point about Khedira is, before he joined Madrid he was mostly used as DM who's been solely defensive, except for some 2-3 runs where he really had the chance.

However, he became more and more offensive with the years and isn't even that effective, plus his defensive work is lacking these days.

Barzul

Wenger is not capable of mistake of Fellaini proportions not at that price anyways. Khedira will do great here if he makes the move.

WJD

Those were horrible games Bla :lol

The pen miss was intentional btw cause I have no idea what it was given for.

Manchester United announce 55,000 season tickets sell out in record time. It is the earliest since the stadium was expanded to 76k in 2006.

Very weird that this summer is the one where season tickets have sold best.

THE RECESSION IS OVER!

I agree with your skepticism of Khedria though I wouldn't call Alonso a DM. His responsibilities were always more creative than defensive, at both Madrid and Liverpool. Khedira had more defensive responsibilities, or at least, more ball winning responsibilities, than Alonso at Madrid, same with Mascherano at Liverpool.

It's a case of positioning really. Alonso tended to play deeper than Khedira. Khedira's task was to roam about putting his foot in and pressuring opponents. Same as with Germany.

I guess we'll see how it plays out but if Ramsey/Khedira was a midfield pairing I think there's risk that opposition could find a fair bit of space in that midfield.

I've never seen Khedira play a sitting role though - maybe he can do it, just never been asked to for any length of time.

Blablurn

BsWygDCCIAAvku9.png:large

jtb

Banned
Wenger is not capable of mistake of Fellaini proportions not at that price anyways. Khedira will do great here if he makes the move.

lol let's not get carried way here, we have no way of knowing that

Fellaini actually strikes me as a good (worst case) comparison for Khedira. jack of all trades midfielder, but not really an excellent defensive player. we'll see.

Barzul

lol let's not get carried way here, we have no way of knowing that

Fellaini actually strikes me as a good (worst case) comparison for Khedira. jack of all trades midfielder, but not really an excellent defensive player. we'll see.

True. But I honestly believe he can adapt his game to that role when it calls for it.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Lots of reports that the PSG are going to wrap up Di Maria, wouldnt surprise me, still they put an awful lot of weight on their CL hopes, cant be hugely fun to play in that league.

Pennywise

I buy your Watch Dogs for 20€ PEnnywise. Versand inklusive.

Nah, you would be just mad over that waste of money.
You're already on the verge of giving up again after all these fifa matches, no need to stress you further.

It just fucking sucks and is the worst game on the platform, I bet even Putty Squad is better.

Blablurn

Nah, you would be just mad over that waste of money.
You're already on the verge of giving up again after all these fifa matches, no need to stress you further.

It just fucking sucks and is the worst game on the platform, I bet even Putty Squad is better.

You're probably right.

Sometimes I think I should have bought a Wii U instead.

Sometimes I think I rather talk about gaming than actual play.

Blablurn

Do you guys think we will remember this thread in 20 years?

Or will we forget about it completely?

Will we think: "Man, This Yurt guy was a stud"?

Or will our memories vanish like kilobits in the internet?

Pennywise

You're probably right.

Sometimes I think I should have bought a Wii U instead.

Sometimes I think I rather talk about gaming than actual play.

Nah, you just need patience.
Great games are coming up, just don't get anything from Ubisoft without some opinions...

Already had Watchdogs via the 9.99 from Gamestop last year, should have cancelled that and ordered The Evil Within instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom