• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit

Maybe Schürrle should be in to start, he has been extremely good this World Cup and just as a sub, could be really good. He has awesome positioning and work-rate, and he can score. Just what we need. Klose should be coming on as a sub since he will need Argentina to be a bit tired to be his most successful out there. I dunno, he is really good, has proven he can finish as a starter this cup now. I will just let Löw do his thing.

actually, I think Klose's work-rate is important at the beginning. Not as a striker, but as a hard-worker. to occupdy the defenders, to run towards Mascherano, to make room for Müller...not necessarily to score.

Schürrle is our best sub, so I am glad we are keeping one card up our sleeve.

kharma45

Need to either:

a) Keep my iPhone 4 but get a sharp reduction in my monthly contract fee
b) Upgrade to a new phone but I want to keep the contract lower or at least on par with my current one (£32 give or take)

Recommendations on quality phones that aren't 50 or whatever stupid ass quid price?

I was looking at the Sony Xperia M2 which is the middle tier (Z being top) which looks quite good and has good reviews.

You could go Three or Giffgaff if you want a good SIM only deal.

Tesco will have the Moto G 4G for £131 tonight if you want a new phone outright.

For £32 p/m you could get a One M8 or an S5, or even the LG G3. There'd be data caps on those, or £35 with Three gets you all you can eat data for the G3.

and Muller in the ... Midfield? They could have included a DM that actually has done well, like Mascherano. :lol

BBC had more sense.

_76228286_fcc6e990-1ea6-4ba6-9b71-6b7361e639ba.jpg

rvy

Banned
Such exxxcite for Germany to be GOAT'd. Best man Enzo will destroy that midfield. Best man Enzo will score a goal. Best man Enzo will win MOTM.

Probity

actually, I think Klose's work-rate is important at the beginning. Not as a striker, but as a hard-worker. to occupdy the defenders, to run towards Mascherano, to make room for Müller...not necessarily to score.

Schürrle is our best sub, so I am glad we are keeping one card up our sleeve.

Good point, now that I think of it from that perspective. Schürrle will try more to find open space, and so the defense will probably be able to crowd around. Having a guy like Klose means you have a player that will fun around a lot and draw a lot of attention, which would definitely open space for other players. Actually a good strategy, overall.

I suppose Schürrle is a bit like a 'super sub' the way the Mexican team calls Chicharito. It is probably better this way.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Really unfair for them to be compared to Pogba

He's fucking phenomenal for his age, and compared to senior mids.

Rad-

This is what I would say:

Neuer
Lahm Hummels de Vrij ??
Mascherano Kroos
Robben Rodriguez Neymar
Muller

LB is hard because nobody was that good. Maybe Blind I dunno.

Wilbur

Banned
This is what I would say:

Neuer
Lahm Hummels de Vrij ??
Mascherano Kroos
Robben Rodriguez Neymar
Muller

LB is hard because nobody was that good. Maybe Blind I dunno.

M Neuer; P Lahm, R Vlaar, M Hummels, J Diaz; T Kroos, H Herrera; A Robben, T Muller, J Rodriguez; L Messi

Carbonox

You could go Three or Giffgaff if you want a good SIM only deal.

Tesco will have the Moto G 4G for £131 tonight if you want a new phone outright.

For £32 p/m you could get a One M8 or an S5, or even the LG G3. There'd be data caps on those, or £35 with Three gets you all you can eat data for the G3.

Thanks.

I'm just torn as to what the best phones are. A lot of websites say it's between LG's, HTC's and Sony's latest offerings so if I were go a model or two back I should be good in terms of quality and price.

While I love my iPhone and it's piss easy to use, I fancy a change brand-wise. I've never used a Sony, LG or a HTC before. Samsung I know are very highly regarded also.

Schurrle is great when he has space to operate. He is not so great at unlocking a tight defence like Argentina have played with. He would be better coming on late if either the Germans are leading or if its level and the game opens up towards the end of the 90.

deroli

Hummels?

I'd put Garay or Demichelis there.

Of course Hummels. Remember how Germany's defense played against Algeria and Brazil (2nd half) without him. Also, two goals.
But Lahm as a RB?! He played decently as a DM, had a weak match against France and a great one against Brazil as a RB. Höwedes was an equally good full back this tournament.

I missed one in a six a side semi final at Uni because my legs were so wobbly I couldn't get enough power into it.

Just sort of flopped towards the corner.

Forget head went. Spine went.

In sixth form we played an 11-a-side game in the year below us and it went to a penalty shootout. I bottled it, tried booting it as hard as I could and got under it, sending it literally 6 yards over the bar or so. It was so bad it flew into the locked playground, which I had to climb into to retrieve it :(

Then a couple of years later I was forced to take one in a 5-a-side shootout, tried placing it into the corner and with similar jelly-legs, brushed the ball straight down the middle onto the keeper's foot, which he barely had to move :(

Fuck penalties.

I also shit myself when faced with a sitter to tuck away :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom