• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

Swapping Smalling for Vermaelen makes no sense. I thought it was numbers United were after in that position.

Plus Smalling is younger and better

Blablurn

I'M ASHAMED TO BE A GERMAN!!!!!!!!!

iwteyqSxairhW.gif

Mastadon

Banned
It's a little strange though, having been hit with a barrage of news since the beginning of the window over the various targets, and now for everything to go quiet again.

Can, Lallana, Markovic, Moreno and Origi all had fairly 'standard' cycles, with interest reported, bids made and players signed (or not) over a short period. But hardly anything for a while now.

Well I guess we've had those targets in mind for a while, as it was reported that they weren't impacted by Suarez's transfer.

Pennywise

How has he been at Dortmund? I seem to remember people were slightly disappointed with him in the first quarter of the season - did he come good?

He took quite some time to adept to the system as well as the league.
Besides he is someone that usually thinks to much when something isn't working out, so it took some time.
He became alot better with the ongoing season and was really strong when Reus took over the spot in the middle and he went to the right/left.

People were just expecting someone who doesn't need time to adjust to the league and could help us from the start.

Money was worth it and he's gonna explode next season.

King_Moc

Banned
30° C is pretty hot for somewhere people don't use air conditioners. It's about 33-35 here in the day time but very humid.

I'm sure there's been threads on it here before, but in England it just seems crazy at 25-30 degrees. I tan almost instantly and can't wait to get indoors mostly. I've been to the likes of Jamaica, Miami and Texas and it's been far hotter, but it's felt absolutely fine and I've barely tanned at all. Weird.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
As much as I hate to say it, damn Real Madrid looking fierce if they get Hames and Kroos.
Our attack should get much better with Rakitic and Suarez but our back four is still pure shit.

LTWheels

It's been Markovic, Origi and Moreno and that's it. I suspect that Liverpool are trying to keep other targets under closer wraps.

If you look at those four transfers, they were first rumoured in the foreign press of the country we bought the player from, not from the
Liverpool connections in the English media.

Liverpool have definitely been more secretive regarding our transfers. Now it's more likely the leaks going to come first from the selling club.

As much as I hate to say it, damn Real Madrid looking fierce if they get Hames and Kroos.
Our attack should get much better with Rakitic and Suarez but our back four is still pure shit.

I think Suarez will win you the league as long as you're still in the challenge by November, as long as you have a plan to utilise the front 3 properly, rather than just buying the biggest name available

pappe

I wonder how wet Cleverleys pants were after he saw LVG noticing him in training. He might have even attempted a forward pass by mistake.

Meier

From the first few months, we only have one 6:45 AM kick-off.. and then BAM!

Sat., Oct. 18 6:45 a.m. Man City Tottenham NBCSN, mun2
Sat., Oct. 25 6:45 a.m. West Ham Man City NBCSN, mun2
Sun., Nov. 2 7:30 a.m. Man City Man United NBCSN, mun2

Motherfucker.

Linius

Motherfucker.

You live in the States. They play in England. They don't have to play at a time that suits you.

Please understand.

Meier

You live in the States. They play in England. They don't have to play at a time that suits you.

Please understand.

Oh I don't really mind, it'd just be nice if they weren't all lumped together like that! On average, the games start at 9:00 or 11:30ish.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity

Motherfucker.
I love those start times. I clock out at work between 5:30am to 6am. Nothing like clocking out of work, having a drink and blunt with the crew, then going home to watch EPL as the sun rises. Citeh is the team I enjoy watching most in the EPL.

Meier

Who's buying? Or did they agree on the set price for future interested clubs?

He was on loan at Stoke last season and did pretty well. To them I'd imagine.. I actually didn't realize they'd added anyone but it looks like they've brought in 4 new players already although 3 were on Frees and the other is an unknown from Slovakia so he must have been pretty cheap.

Linius

Oh I don't really mind, it'd just be nice if they weren't all lumped together like that! On average, the games start at 9:00 or 11:30ish.

I would actualy prefer those times I think. I usually get up around 10am on sundays. Then I have to wait till 2:30pm before the game starts. Usually my afternoon is pretty much gone because of football. After lunch I start watching the match preview in the studio. Then the match. And then it's about 4:30pm already.

GorillaJu

Japanese wiki is hilarious. I looked up Lacazette and the first link was JP wiki so I clicked and the whole first paragraph in his "bio" is about how to pronounce French vowels in Japanese.

Meier

Think Liverpool will have to sign Fonte if they want Lovren lols.

I thought that was the same dude twice. Weird.

Lacazette is very good.. finally hit his stride last year. FIFA 13 career mode legend! Curious how Yassine Benzia will play this year.. he's been a fave of mine in FM for ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom