• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
as-roma-home-away-shirts-600x377.jpg

Best kit in any league, year after year.

jtb

Banned
looooooool you aren't fucking serious are you?!

He's disciplined, he's a workhorse. As far as I'm concerned, that's exactly what we need. In terms of what we need: I'd probably go Schniederlin, then a toss up between Milner and Khedira. if the other two aren't available, why not?

Scum

Vertonghen is pretty much confirmed as staying, we're offering him a new contract and Barca won't be able to afford him anyway. With 4 years on his current contract he would cost £30m. They already balked at paying less than that for their other targets.

I think Barca will get someone like Agger, someone clearly waiting for a transfer.

I hope you're right, Usho. But I don't share your glorious optimism. :-/

Hey m8s, what is the happenings?

Prepping the bunkers, m9. WWIII.

zknS7MG.png

wedward

He's disciplined, he's a workhorse. As far as I'm concerned, that's exactly what we need. In terms of what we need: I'd probably go Schniederlin, then a toss up between Milner and Khedira. if the other two aren't available, why not?

I really doubt Milner's ability to pass the ball from that position. Teams know that if they press Arteta he is going to cough the ball up. Milner is technically average.

jts

...hate me...
Nike has been killing it lately with the kits' simplicity and their presentation is just top notch. Good idea to get a swole invisible man as the model for all the kits press photos. Dude must be making bank.

That airplane shit holy fuck :(

jesalr

Vertonghen is pretty much confirmed as staying, we're offering him a new contract and Barca won't be able to afford him anyway. With 4 years on his current contract he would cost £30m. They already balked at paying less than that for their other targets.

I think Barca will get someone like Agger, someone clearly waiting for a transfer.

Even so, Vertonghen and Chiriches are maybe reliable, Kaboul can't be trusted to stay fit, and Dawson - seeing that he is being allowed to talk to Hull - is clearly on his way.

Those first 3 just aren't enough.

---

Destiny at 50%. Another 40 minutes left -_-. PSN, stop being slow.

Zabojnik

Hahaha Zabo <3

maybe who knows? My theory is that our mercato 'demotivated' him or something. We'll never know anyway.

Our inability to give him a squad that could compete on the highest level in CL is probably what ultimately did it, but it didn't all happen in these past few days, it was a long time coming. He could've chosen the club, the team and the fans and decided to stick with us for another year, out of some sense of gratitude if nothing else. That's not Conte though. Ambition is what drives and fuels his passion for a project, which is why I kept telling everyone that he'll never be our Ferguson, much as we all hoped he'd be. He'd give it all, win it all (within the team's limits) and leave for another grand adventure as soon as the opportunity presented itself. It didn't in May, when he hoped it would, and so he reluctlantly let himself be convinced by Agnelli & Marry, half-believing that maybe, just maybe they'd actually manage to bring in a couple of top(ish) players a la Suarez and Cuadrado. As soon as it became obvious that our mercato wouldn't be any different than the mercatos of the past three summers (*hint* or maybe as soon as Prandelli stepped down? *hint*) he changed his mind again and decided to call it quits.

He pulled a Conte, if you would. He put himself above everyone else, not for the first time. His massive ego is a double-edged sword, it always has been. He'll make everyone beside him give 130% for as long as it's needed. He's an amazing leader and he'll always defend his players to the very end, even if it means going against the club (remember the Matri and Giaccherini conference?). Which is why everyone adores him (or fucking hates him, I guess). He'll eat and breathe and channel the club's very essence for as long as he feels the mission - his mission - has been completed, which is why I have no doubt that he'll go down in history as one of the greats. Once the mission has been completed though, then it's Conte-time again.

I don't blame him for being who he is. In fact, I love him for it. But he really, REALLY should't have waited this long to come to the decision to leave. He may have costed us a whole season, maybe more than that. We'll see. Regardless of what was and wasn't promised to him, that's not how you do it.

FootballFan

I'm with Zabo.

Conte is still awesome, but he really should have seen this coming and done it sooner. Could easily waste a whole season for the juve fans and players.

He betrayed us.

Who leaves days into the pre-season.

wedward

Why settle for good??? World class is what we should be aspiring to attain. Especially as all three will cost around the same, and the only difference would have been that we could the player with the cheapest wages.

Because signing a player isn't like buying a gallon of milk?

Sami Khedira and Lars bender aren't world class.

They changed that Roma away, unfortunately.

Sami or Bender for Arsenal. Anyone else will be a terrible signing and a waste of money.
Why settle for good??? World class is what we should be aspiring to attain. Especially as all three will cost around the same, and the only difference would have been that we could the player with the cheapest wages.

What would Lars Bender offer that Schneiderlin wouldn't? Genuine question. I posted my views on Bender yesterday, but they're not from a huge amount of footage...

Is Bender a DM? Doesn't he play ahead/to the right of one? From the little I've seen he looks like a jack-of-all-trades B2B midfielder, and by all accounts (incl. his own), he's had a poor season. Maybe I've got him all wrong though.

Hixx

The Destiny beta is much more enjoyable than the alpha. Difficulty balanced to be better in the story missions. Not got stuck into the Crucible yet.

If anyone wants to do the Strike send me a message on twitter or PSN.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The Destiny beta is much more enjoyable than the alpha. Difficulty balanced to be better in the story missions. Not got stuck into the Crucible yet.

If anyone wants to do the Strike send me a message on twitter or PSN.

Strike

Destiny

page Koofoo

jtb

Banned
I really doubt Milner's ability to pass the ball from that position. Teams know that if they press Arteta he is going to cough the ball up. Milner is technically average.

He doesn't need to be able to make diagonals or control the tempo like Arteta did because he'll be playing next to more creative players in Ozil and Ramsey, he just needs to be able to shield the ball. For me, Arteta's problem is that he's always been weak and now he's lost his pace. I think Milner fills a role. In unspectacular fashion, but I'd feel more comfortable with him sitting in the midfield 2 than with Arteta or maybe even Khedira. (Khedira seems to lose the ball a lot also, and I'm skeptical of his defensive positioning/discipline—regardless of how good he is going forward)

Schneiderlin or Bender would be ideal. Khedira is a bit more worrying. I can see this being ineffective like the Jack-Ramsey partnership because of a lack of understanding/unselfishness to sit back and protect the back four when the other is going forward.

wedward

He doesn't need to be able to make diagonals or control the tempo like Arteta did because he'll be playing next to more creative players in Ozil and Ramsey,

Yes he does.

Arteta played next to Ozil and Ramsey.

Ramsey and Ozil shouldn't be dropping back to pick the ball up off the CB's.

Because signing a player isn't like buying a gallon of milk?

Sami Khedira and Lars bender aren't world class.

They changed that Roma away, unfortunately.

What would Lars Bender offer that Schneiderlin wouldn't? Genuine question. I posted my views on Bender yesterday, but they're not from a huge amount of footage...

Neither Bender or Khedira are world class.

Bender is one of the best in the game at breaking up attacks. He doesn't stray from his position and that is something that we need. He is also german so that is a plus for him over Schneiderlin

Both of them are world class IMO. There are only a handful of players out there better than them.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
4Io4nwZ.png

Cant wait for Arrow Season 3
I don't know why I like her, maybe because she looks a bit Ukrainian/Russian

Our inability to give him a squad that could compete on the highest level in CL is probably what ultimately did it, but it didn't all happen in these past few days, it was a long time coming. He could've chosen the club, the team and the fans and decided to stick with us for another year, out of some sense of gratitude if nothing else. That's not Conte though. Ambition is what drives and fuels his passion for a project, which is why I kept telling everyone that he'll never be our Ferguson, much as we all hoped he'd be. He'd give it all, win it all (within the team's limits) and leave for another grand adventure as soon as the opportunity presented itself. It didn't in May, when he hoped it would, and so he reluctlantly let himself be convinced by Agnelli & Marry, half-believing that maybe, just maybe they'd actually manage to bring in a couple of top(ish) players a la Suarez and Cuadrado. As soon as it became obvious that our mercato wouldn't be any different than the mercatos of the past three summers (*hint* or maybe as soon as Prandelli stepped down? *hint*) he changed his mind again and decided to call it quits.

He pulled a Conte, if you would. He put himself above everyone else, not for the first time. His massive ego is a double-edged sword, it always has been. He'll make everyone beside him give 130% for as long as it's needed. He's an amazing leader and he'll always defend his players to the very end, even if it means going against the club (remember the Matri and Giaccherini conference?). Which is why everyone adores him (or fucking hates him, I guess). He'll eat and breathe and channel the club's very essence for as long as he feels the mission - his mission - has been completed, which is why I have no doubt that he'll go down in history as one of the greats. Once the mission has been completed though, then it's Conte-time again.

I don't blame him for being who he is. In fact, I love him for it. But he really, REALLY should't have waited this long to come to the decision to leave. He may have costed us a whole season, maybe more than that. We'll see. Regardless of what was and wasn't promised to him, that's not how you do it.

Yeah, I'm just giving him the benefit of the doubt, that's the least he deserves :( we're complex characters, it's not black and white, I don't know what was going on inside his hide, maybe he tried to "force himself" this season, but it just felt wrong and he quit.

I..hope he wins wherever he goes <3

Hindle

Banned
Bender is one of the best in the game at breaking up attacks. He doesn't stray from his position and that is something that we need. He is also german so that is a plus for him over Schneiderlin

Both of them are world class IMO. There are only a handful of players out there better than them.

Schneiderlin has many years experience playing in England tho, in the Championship, league 1 etc. He'd be the better option for any side.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
no we are not xD

next year we host Copa America 2015. i live 3 minutes away from the National Stadium.
i wanna win that trophy !!!

http://www.13.cl/static/img/teletrece/logo.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
You will. FORZA CHILE!
[quote="Barzul, post: 121485865"][IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsxbW5BIMAAFO_x.png
Posted yet?

how many of them in the top 4 leagues?

Wenger is a CL finalist, that's gotta count for something at least :p

Clegg

I'm most curious in seeing what LvG will do with Mata. He's a sensational footballer but if he doesn't fit into the system then I'm unsure what we'll do with him.

Lol. Yes he does.

Did you watch him get hammered by Carrick and Fellaini.

I read that this year the coach was using him more of a box to box and it did not work. That is not his fault. His job would be to sit back there and shield the back four for us. it was the job Song was meant to do, but he always thought he was a striker and would wind up in the box.

it is why Bender is a better option than Sami who gets forward more.

jtb

Banned
I read that this year the coach was using him more of a box to box and it did not work. That is not his fault. His job would be to sit back there and shield the back four for us. it was the job Song was meant to do, but he always thought he was a striker and would wind up in the box.

it is why Bender is a better option than Sami who gets forward more.

yup. Khedira is Song/Jack 2.0

Carbonox

our kits are good this season, but don't buy them, don't give us any money.

BsxJ7GqIIAAZE3O.png

DP Thea?

That is nice. I'll just give you my money for it so you can buy your gf a nice TV dinner. Juve doesn't deserve the pennies.

You take the front, I'll be wearing a strap-on so I can dp her solo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom