• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

I think Sanchez had double the shots on target% than Giroud last season. But that means nothing. It fails to take into account the space created by messi compared to Giroud not having a talented teammate than Sanchez. Giroud had more pressure on him being a lone striker in a team that did not get many other players in the box at times. Giroud would have had to work harder to get those shots of compared to Sanchez.

Stats in football give false impressions about what really is taking place.

Totti was taught by Zemen that you need to get the ball into the back of the net as quickly as possible and that hashelped shape his football philosophy. While Xavi was raised the barca way and keeping the ball was valued.

Totti tries more risky passes and and as a result has a worse pass completion %. But Totti can pass just as good as Xavi, , but their different upbringings would make you think that xavi is a far superior passer because of stats.

Nothing you have said proves stats are meaningless.

When looking at statistics you can take context into consideration.

Arnie

Get Remy in. Solid lad. Get Davies in. Growing lad. Get Lovren in. Croatian lad.

Get a marquee in. Shelter the other lads from pressure.

Spend next season making lads turn their head saying, "But they lost that Suarez, he was world class he was. And they bought Ben Davies. How's this happened?"

Be jokes.

iSIv2Ib.png

Updated team...bit better.

Where are the Ramseys/Barkey's of last year this time around?

felipe-luis-deal-completed.img.png

Done, 3 year contract though, presumably an option for a 4th or something (Via ChelseaFC.com)

On signing, the 28-year-old said: 'This move is a dream come true for me. I now have the opportunity to play for Chelsea, and also in the Premier League.

‘I’m very happy and looking forward to getting started and giving my best for the team during the coming seasons.’

Welcome to Stamford Bridge, Filipe Luis!

I'll add another picture because you all know you want to see what he looks like with a pen in his hand

Bs1--wRCQAAdYze.jpg

sohois

Surely Suarez counted for a lot of Liverpool's shots, on and off target.

Yes, he did. But of course you can't just substitute his shots from Liverpool's total and use that, since that would basically make an assumption that Liverpool played with 10 men for this season.

wedward

I hope he plays like shit.

Probably end up being one of the best left backs in the league.

20m for a 28 year old left back. That just shows a lack of respect for the world we live in.

I hope he plays like shit.

Probably end up being one of the best left backs in the league.

20m for a 28 year old left back. That just shows a lack of respect for the world we live in.

Well, it is euros... also we mostly only buy shit strikers, most of our players are usually at least alright!

Assumed Luis would get the number 3 shirt.

Saving that for Varanne
or Pogba if he wants it

Zabojnik

Welcome to Stamford Bridge, Felipe Luis!

I'll add another picture because you all know you want to see what he looks like with a pen in his hand

Bs1--wRCQAAdYze.jpg

Look at that face. It has one season wonder written all over it. The Luciano/Eriberto look of "holy shit I somehow made it". (SerieAfaces will know what I'm talking about.)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Greg Stobart says Davies wants to joins Liverpool and that they are willing to pay £10m.

That's the end of that one then.

Pogba will get the 8 shirt.

Good point. I would have thought Cesc might want it but he's number 4, someone on twitter said Zouma took the number 3 shirt, not sure about that though, purely because I thought they decided to loan him?

Courtois has been added to our official squad list too now. Its all coming together, treble is on its way

ATF487

Greg Stobart says Davies wants to joins Liverpool and that they are willing to pay £10m.

That's the end of that one then.

Also heard that Davies wanted to go to Tottenham because he would have a bigger guarantee of first team football.

Good ol' muppet season.

Also Sigurdsson is a great signing for Palace

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We signed Carlos Blanco Moreno from Barcelona and Pereyra from Udinese

Barca GAF, FF..Tarazanpuyol..who's CBM?! I doubt he's any good if he's leaving your academy and coming here

I'm not sure how I feel about Pereyra, so random as fuck.

Jarnet87

Just saw the news that Lahm is retiring from International Football. Will be turning 31, going on 10 years with the National team and just won the World Cup. Can't fault him at all, and they will miss his leadership. Makes we wonder if Euro 2016 will be the last of Schweinsteiger.

Slizz

Aye, in addition to a match going fanbase of absolute fucking whoppers.

This tweet makes me so smiley:

"Sigurdsson in 2012 after joining Spurs-'I didn't go to LFC because Spurs are going places'. We're now in CL and he's joining Crystal Palace"

He musta meant Bale was going places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom