• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
WzlLuWx.jpg

Think its more cup final goal and 2 against Chelsea, his goal against West Brom and Southampton that are why he's worth £14m. Big goals in big, big games. And to be fair his goal in the home derby was important as fuck. Our first win of the season.

You're going on like it's a ridiculous fee when it's really not. McCormack (never played in the Premier League), Ideye Brown, Livermore, Snodgrass, Valencia... it's all relative.

A ridiculous fee in a transfer window of ridiculous fees. This isn't just a drive-by attempt to shit on you guys, I wish we had someone we could rely on to put in a shift in the big games, I just have a problem with the way transfer fees seem to be going.

King_Moc

Banned
Think its more cup final goal and 2 against Chelsea, his goal against West Brom and Southampton that are why he's worth £14m. Big goals in big, big games. And to be fair his goal in the home derby was important as fuck. Our first win of the season.

You're going on like it's a ridiculous fee when it's really not. McCormack (never played in the Premier League), Ideye Brown, Livermore, Snodgrass, Valencia... it's all relative.

I think he's pretty good, and he's still young and will improve. Certainly a better bet than those other name.

Clegg

De Jong wouldn't be a bad option for a couple of seasons if we were looking to shore up the midfield. That leaves us with two cms who play very deep which still sleave us with problems going forward. Herrera can't solve all those problems himself. Would need to sign another midfielder.

K1LLER7

Juve-Gaf treat Pat well :*(

Teach him how to grow a beard like Pirlo and Marchisio.

One of the best PL left backs with his link with Ronaldo.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Janelle Monae reminds me of a young Michael Jackson in the Jackson 5

Clegg

Hey I just met you and this is crazy, but here's my number. So call me maybe.

You gave this stuck in your head now. You're welcome.

omgkitty

Yes, I know that. But do you honestly expect Mourinho to say "Fabregas wanted to go to Arsenal, but they didn't want him so he settled for us."

Just the way he worded it was bullshit saying he never wanted to go to Arsenal. He didn't even have to say that. He could have said something un-Mourinho.

Fabio Borini's Characteristics
+ Strengths
(Player has no significant strengths)
- Weaknesses
Passing
Weak
Crossing
Weak
Holding on to the ball
Weak
Discipline
Weak

Barzul

Loic #Remy will soon sign a five year's contract with @LFC

Di Marzio

LiverpoolGAF that's your Suarez replacement.

Yup Di Marzio means it's pretty much happening. A step below Ornstein for me. I think he'll be good at Liverpool. Can play with and without Sturridge.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Loic #Remy will soon sign a five year's contract with @LFC

Di Marzio

LiverpoolGAF that's your Suarez replacement.

Liverpool seem like they are doing what we did. Buying 7 or 8 players who will improve the squad but who are not a clear upgrade on players already at the club. The big difference is that they've got at least 3 players who are proven in the PL already. They can afford to give Markovic and Can time to settle in while Remy and Lallana do the business, whereas we were chucking Soldado, Chadli and Paulinho in on the first day and expecting them to pick up where Bale left off while Lamela was left to rot in the stands.

Pachimari

Seems like we are in serious negotiations with Juventus and Monaco about Pogba and James. Apparently both Casillas and Lopez could be gone by September 1, and Navas and Casilla/Kiko be the new blood.

We are also looking for a striker, which seems to be either of Falcao, Drogba or Negredo. The last one don't like us anyway.

EDIT:
I also won't put too much into this, but the guy from Xtratime reporting this, have his sources and have been right before. James is basically 100%.

Seems like we are in serious negotiations with Juventus and Monaco about Pogba and James. Apparently both Casillas and Lopez could be gone by September 1, and Navas and Casilla/Kiko be the new blood.

We are also looking for a striker, which seems to be either of Falcao, Drogba or Negredo. The last one don't like us anyway.

I can't wait for the great Madrid sale. How many % off is Isco of his original price?

Jarnet87

De Jong wouldn't be a bad option for a couple of seasons if we were looking to shore up the midfield. That leaves us with two cms who play very deep which still sleave us with problems going forward. Herrera can't solve all those problems himself. Would need to sign another midfielder.

Yeah De Jong is just a different style to Carrick. It doesn't help our problem of sideways Cleverlols and Ando being useless. We still need that box to box presence.

King_Moc

Banned
We do know Remy is a rapist right?

Eh? Girl gets drunk and has sex with footballer, then tries to make some money out of it. Meh.

Yup Di Marzio means it's pretty much happening. A step below Ornstein for me. I think he'll be good at Liverpool. Can play with and without Sturridge.

I don't expect him to start that often. But Sturridge will need rests and will probably get injured too. He might be handy for emergencies when we need a goal too, or even if we're just playing Burnley.

Barzul

So you're going to spend 180m+ in one window? I doubt it. I mean you've done it before, but I can't see Falcao, Pogba and James in one window. But if any club could pull it off, it'd be Madrid.

Pennywise

Lol...
Instead of a proper RB for example.

There might not be a better value for money buy than Remy this window.

Spurs/Arsenal and Liverpool should all be triggering that release clause. In Arsenal's sake you'd have to imagine Wenger has someone big up his sleeve if they aren't interested.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This Davies saga is doing my head in, in the last few minutes the Telegraph, Sky and Mail are all saying he's about to join us.

Would be nice to have an announcement before the friendly tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom