• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really care who they target just so long as by the time the season starts we have got a CB and second CM. So about a month or so to go.

Don't know who is going to buy our players. Anderson is probably going to go on a free next summer. Tom will hopefully go to Everton/Arsenal. Hernandez maybe somewhere in Italy. And Young...no, we'll have to keep Young.

I will bitchslap LVG and Woodward if we keep Young

As I said through the whole last year: Nope :D

giphy.gif

K1LLER7

United started night training sessions under LVG. He wants a strong squad of 20 players. He'll assess making any new signings with his coaches when he returns. Expect movement after the World Cup. That's players & coaches leaving too.

Not sure there is much they can do about it. He's going to be looking at halfing his wages at least.

Then Loan him or something. I don't want to wake up match day with any chance of him playing for United again.

United started night training sessions under LVG. He wants a strong squad of 20 players. He'll assess making any new signings with his coaches when he returns. Expect movement after the World Cup. That's players & coaches leaving too.

Yea, I don't think we are going to hear anything until after WC now.

We did get that U-21 Ned coach who has a good track record.

Manager

Andy Mitten says that United are definitely interested in Di Maria - but nothing formal has happened yet. Suppose you would expect most of the wealthier clubs to be on alert as a player like that potentially becomes available. Also continues to report interest in Vidal and says there has been contact - but nothing new there. Also says United still believe they can get Hummels - but Dortmund are saying no chance.

Nothing new then.

I want to know who the back-up options to these players are since those are the ones we'll be signing particularly in the case of Hummels and Di Maria. Pls not Vermaelen and Depay.

He also said LvG wants a core squad of 20 or so. If you assume 2/3 more signings that means as many as 7/8 will have to go. Though I suppose Rio and Vidic are two that have already left. Oh and Buttner. Now Evra too. So 3/4 more at the very least.

I was looking at your squad yesterday. Would it be fair to say you'll probably offload the bold through either sale or loan?

GK
De Gea
Lindegaard
Amos

RB
Rafael

LB
Shaw
(Evra)

CB
Smalling
Jones
Evans

CM
Fellaini
Cleverley
Carrick
Herrera
Anderson
Fletcher

Wingers/AM
Mata
Kagawa
Young
Januzaj
Nani
Valencia
Powell
Zaha
Bebe

FW
Rooney
RVP
Welbeck
Chicarito
Henriquez

Makes that around 22.

Well done, kudos lol.

Why does Dortmund give into Bayern and let them rape them of their players year after year? I don't see that in other big leagues.

1) They stupidly gave Gotze a release-clause that didn't have a Bayern-exclusion sub-clause
2) Lewandowski wound his contract down and refused to be sold to someone else iirc

I was looking at your squad yesterday. Would it be fair to say you'll probably offload the bold through either sale or loan?

CM
Fellaini
Cleverley
Anderson
Fletcher

Wingers/AM
Kagawa
Young
Nani
Powell
Zaha
Bebe

FW
Henriquez

All above could be goners

I would keep Fletcher for the non-league games though.

K1LLER7

GK
De Gea
Lindegaard
Amos

RB
Rafael

LB
Shaw

CB
Smalling
Jones
Evans

CM
Fellaini
Cleverley
Carrick
Herrera
Anderson
Fletcher

Wingers/AM
Mata
Kagawa
Young
Januzaj
Nani
Valencia
Powell
Zaha
Bebe

FW
Rooney
RVP
Welbeck
Chicarito
Henriquez

Makes that around 22.
Could see those leaving, however there are others too. Chicha, Cleverley, Nani, Young.

I think none of them knew what to do. The pressure of the last years caused them to implode. Probably the biggest implosion of a professional football team in 10, 20 years. Brutal.

They were a crap team waiting for an organized team to take them apart.

Germany did that. Chile had the chance but they let them escape.

Yep. It looks like it :) I think it's the first #9 with no prejudices in a long while. Perfect skills, perfect age.

Our last few top scorers:

2014: Mandzu
2013: Mueller
2012: Goalmez
2011: Goalmez
2010: Robben
2009: Klose
2008: Toni
2007: Makaay
2006: Makaay
2005: Makaay
2004: Makaay

Yeah Lewandowski by far the best #9 we've had in 10 years.

Salazar

Tour de France coverage has put that Ella Henderson "Ghost" in my head all day long

And I can't stop visualising Ozil

You utter pricks

This fucking thread

God Makaay was good. Another great striker we were continually linked with. Him and Diego Tristan <3

That Deportivo team had so much flair:

VALERONNNNNNN
FRAN
WALTER PANDIANI

Remember dreaming of Roy alongside Van Nistelrooy

D:

... Perhaps that wouldn't have worked that well, in hindsight.

Fake Edit: Bayern guys, do you remember Elber?

Blablurn

Our last few top scorers:

2014: Mandzu
2013: Mueller
2012: Goalmez
2011: Goalmez
2010: Robben
2009: Klose
2008: Toni
2007: Makaay
2006: Makaay
2005: Makaay
2004: Makaay

Yeah Lewandowski by far the best #9 we've had in 10 years.

Alright. Makaay was fantastic. One dimensional but still fantastic.

Oh btw. Here is a first pic of our extended standing area. It's going to be amazing next year.

fcb9vy6k.png

Jarnet87

GK
De Gea
Lindegaard
Amos

RB
Rafael

LB
Shaw
(Evra)

CB
Smalling
Jones
Evans

CM
Fellaini sold for peanuts
Cleverley let go on a free
Carrick
Herrera
Anderson
Fletcher

Wingers/AM
Mata
Kagawa
Young let go on a free
Januzaj
Nani sold for peanuts
Valencia
Powell
Zaha
Bebe loan

FW
Rooney
RVP
Welbeck let go on a free
Chicarito
Henriquez loan

fixed.

yeah man i totally missed the last few years of bayern, small, unknown club that they are

l o l

just let it go and accept you had no clue what you were talking about, its okay

No doubt you were impressed with his performance. You are use to seeing sides beat up on teams who can barely play.
Anything regarding the Germans is irrelevant. Brazil were absolutely shocking. Never have I seen a side just not show up or even try and i have seen some terrible Arsenal/Italy performances in the past few years. They were emotionally broken before the start and would have lost to most teams. Kroos and Germany beat up a broken team.

pulga

Banned
Alright. Makaay was fantastic. One dimensional but still fantastic.

Oh btw. Here is a first pic of our extended standing area. It's going to be amazing next year.

fc9vy6k.png

Congratulations, more people to witness a Real Madrid trashing if we are to meet again

GorillaJu

I don't think that Luiz in particular was at fault against Germany. It was Marcelo, Hulk and Fernandinho that were most poor. Oscar could have done much more as well. But in the end it was purely tactical and not down to any specific player. Having Marcelo and Maicon bomb on like wingers and leaving your midfield so open with no pressure were two completely suicidal decisions.

Luiz will be hurt the most as a CB and captain though. Feel for the Brazilians. They didn't deserve this kind of pressure — that group of players shouldn't be favorites for the World Cup.

L1NETT

I enjoyed playing with Bayern on FIFA 01 or 02

With Elber, Effenberg, The Kovacs, Sagnol, Salihamidizic and the like

pulga

Banned
Scolari though, why takes the likes of Fred and Jo? Sure, Robinho, Kaka, etc are past it but surely they wouldve been preferable. Leaving Lucas Moura in Paris is still his most baffling decision.

Jarnet87

Yeah, that booing directed at only him was not necessary. He's shit, but he was certainly not at fault for this.

He is the cherry on top of the shit sundae that is the brazilian strike force right now. Their choice of strikers were Fred, Jo, Mr. Glass himself Pato, Luis Fabiano who gave up caring about professional football, and Leandro Damiao. I probably would have brought Damiao and Pato but not with much confidence.

Scum

Afternoon, cunts.

Scolari though, why takes the likes of Fred and Jo? Sure, Robinho, Kaka, etc are past it but surely they wouldve been preferable. Leaving Lucas Moura in Paris is still his most baffling decision.

Should have left Paulinho with us and taken injured Sandro instead. Costa should have been convinced to play for Brazil. And last but not least, if Marcelo and Maicon are going to go off rampaging as wingers, then 5-3-2, innit.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I don't think that Luiz in particular was at fault against Germany.

Obviously the whole team were shockingly poor but his defensive contribution was zero, he should have prevented more or less all of the goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom