• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nodnol

Just popping my head through the door and saying hello.

With the World Cuo concluding Sunday, is anyone else all of a suddenly very impatient for the season to start?

Hixx

There are a trillion things that enter the mind when people talk about Wooden.

Father figure isn't one of them.

Barzul

In that article: the relevant decision is not yet final and binding, i.e. an appeal to the Court of Arbitration of Sport (CAS) is still possible (cf. art. 67 par. 1 of the FIFA Statutes) by the player and/or the Uruguayan FA, subject to certain conditions.

I suppose Barca can back out of the deal, but we'd be happy to keep him I'm sure. Price won't be lowered though, they're only getting him because they agreed to pay his release clause. No release clause, no deal.

I honestly think the stipulation that he can't train is way to stringent. Can't see that holding up in any legitimate court. I'd go to arbitration if I was him. The ban from playing is however understandable.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
:lol

She is 32 and has two daughters. When I was in HS I made a lot of "friends" who just wanted to stop by my house to hit on my sister. A kid even shouted out "BRIAN IM GONNA FUCK YR SISTER" in class once.
Okay tbf, I meant Yr's sister not YOUR sister.

but why, did she say something about me? xoxo

Pick one. Like you do all time, eh Yurt-chan...

http://i2.minus.com/ieWQRwVFXk29S.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="Pennywise, post: 120330184"]Did you really believe that he only had sleeping pills ?[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/03/Poker-Face-GIF.gif

FootballFan

With the World Cuo concluding Sunday, is anyone else all of a suddenly very impatient for the season to start?

Great timing m8.

Welcome!

Who do you support? I can't wait for the season to start!

GHG

Gold Member
I honestly think the stipulation that he can't train is way to stringent. Can't see that holding up in any legitimate court. I'd go to arbitration if I was him. The ban from playing is however understandable.

I think he'll win an appeal if he just focuses on the not being able to train and attend matches as a spectator parts.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Depends on who we sell this summer ;(

and welcome!

Wilbur

Banned

Welcome man!

Yes I am. I'm very very impatient. Love the WC, but club football is where it's really at

TeddyBoy

My older sister ruptured her ACL, tore her meniscus and fractured her femur yesterday playing football. lol holy shit how do you even manage all that in one game?

Damn, hope she recovers quickly. Welcome back btw.

Definitely, I can't wait for season to start again with Champions League finally back. Welcome to the thread!

Barzul

Darren ‏@DarrenArsenal1 2m
Arsenal have sights on Germany for a DM

What does this mean? We're looking in Germany or we're looking at a German?

Welcome. What team do you support?

Nodnol

Great timing m8.

Welcome!

Who do you support? I can't wait for the season to start!

Palace.

Last season was ridiculously varied when it came to emotions. This season...who knows? Can't wait though; the summer is always dull without a weekend of football and drama, though the World Cup has helped massively.

Scum

1038232_Tottenham_Hotspur.jpg

Bungie, Ush, jesalr. Please replace Townsend. I'll take a training cone in his place.

image.php

Very much so. But good thing is the Danish league starts just a week after the world cup, please be excited. Franco Mussis is going to dominate Europe.

Welcome to the thread, stick around

There are a trillion things that enter the mind when people talk about Wooden.

Father figure isn't one of them.

But come on, would you think the end result would be worse than Wilbur?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SOMEONE GAG HIM

Alvaro Morata “I can’t wait to arrive in Turin, people have said to me it’s a beautiful city and I’m looking forward to getting to know it,”

“Llorente? I still haven’t spoken to Fernando, but it’s always nice to already know someone if you are arriving in a new dressing room.”

he's excited about the City more than Juve.

Don't pick him up from the airport, let him walk.

bud

arsene is sensational. pulling all of this off while playing foot volley on a beach filled with grande bundas and silicone titties.

Darren ‏@DarrenArsenal1 5m
Arsenal have sights on Germany for a DM

We will sit on the transfer window Iron throne come September. The dark days are gone. North London remembers.

A Red Dwarf reference for a username. You're already off to a good start with me. How impatient a person is for the season to start depends on who they support.

GorillaJu

I think at some point the penalty has to be reduced. It's disproportionate and its severity is highlighted further by the legitimately career-threatening injury that Neymar is facing, the result of actual violent conduct.

Ban from playing professional football matches for four months is suitably harsh for someone with history like Suarez. Including training and entering stadiums/club grounds seems petty to me, but meh.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SOMEONE GAG HIM

he's excited about the City more than Juve.

Don't pick him up from the airport, let him walk.

He's not even entered the country yet and he's already answering questions with a question. He was truly made for Serie A.

Nodnol

A Red Dwarf reference for a username. You're already off to a good start with me. How impatient a person is for the season to start depends on who they support.

Ha, not many people get the reference.

I dunno, I think whoever you support, the little boy/girl inside dreams of so many possibilities. Then reality hits and you're freezing your arse off on a rainy Tuesday night away, you're 3-0 down after half an hour, your players look lost and the manager may as well cluck around like a chicken.

Tc91

Can't believe Evra has gone :(

I will never forget sitting in the stand at his debut vs City thinking "What the fuck have we signed?"

What a hero he turned out to be.

Wait Evra is really leaving? lol. Must have another LB coming in then, Shaw isn't ready for United at the big stage at all yet, he's not even ready for meaningless England friendlies.

GHG

Gold Member
Can't believe Evra has gone :(

I will never forget sitting in the stand at his debut vs City thinking "What the fuck have we signed?"

What a hero he turned out to be.

He's a twat and I hate his guts. But he almost, ALMOST made me smile in this moment:

iPbSAGy6DUntY.gif

Wait Evra is really leaving? lol. Must have another LB coming in then, Shaw isn't ready for United at the big stage at all yet, he's not even ready for meaningless England friendlies.
Glad we didn't sign him for that asking price. Mourinho should use his Portugese connection and get Marcos Rojo.

Meier

1. It's the Daily Mail so I naturally don't think the numbers they're using are correct.

2. Even if it is correct (doubtful) I think it's just posturing to get the lowest price possible.

English press makes a habit of undervaluing foreign players. Daily Star referred to Mats Hummels as a "£20m player" a day or two ago. Lol. Obviously Vidal will not go for less than £50m at a minimum.

Pachimari

Wait what has happened in the last couple of days?

Mandzukic and Ochoa to Atletico? And Evra have gone where?

I also don't mind Alvaro Morata leaving us, especially if it's for the reported price.

GHG

Gold Member
ArseGAF should we bin Jenks and sign a another right-back?

No. We need more guys like Jenks in the squad. Guys who will die for the club. Plus I think he'll become a top right back. Not through talent, he doesn't have much let's be honest, but through sheer hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom