• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

Away from Messi
Lool

Welcome to Arsenal, Alexis!

new avatar

Can OddMorsel put it in the OT too? :)

MmKk42w.png
He's rubbish anyway. Won't succeed at Arsenal. 😒

Congrats on the signing. Can we have Ox to replace Townsend pls?

Spanish Gooner ‏@ElSpanishGooner 2m
CANDENA SER: "Arsenal about to agree the loan of Atlético de Madrid right back Manquillo. The loan includes a buy option". (Reliable)

That's Jenkinson out on loan then.

Or Bellerin?

Interesting if true, is the guy any good?

@Scum, sorry m8, he's joining SOTON on loan ;)

Scum

Conte should give a big fuck you to the league and get the team to stay for a long run in the CL. Let Roma win the league.

Pennywise

Arsenal still needs to work on some things, even though Sanchez is one hell of an improvement, statitics are speaking a clear language.

Goals :

Chelsea 71:27
Arsenal 68:41
Liverpool 101:50
City 102:37

A better defense and offense is necessary.
Just take a look at United stats 64:43, they're not so far off.

Abraxas

Spanish Gooner ‏@ElSpanishGooner 2m
CANDENA SER: "Arsenal about to agree the loan of Atlético de Madrid right back Manquillo. The loan includes a buy option". (Reliable)

That's Jenkinson out on loan then.

Oof, that kid is only 20? That'll be tough on Jenko.

wedward

Arsenal still needs to work on some things, even though Sanchez is one hell of an improvement, statitics are speaking a clear language.

Goals :

Chelsea 71:27
Arsenal 68:41
Liverpool 101:50
City 102:37

A better defense and offense is necessary.
Just take a look at United stats 64:43, they're not so far off.

17 of those goals came from 3 games. Assume we don't lose our heads and instead we give up 2 in each. That means we concede 30 last season. For 90% of the season we were great defensively.

Our overall play needs to improve in the big games. I know that is cherry picking stats and all teams can do that.

As for scoring goals and offense, we just signed Alexis Sanchez....

Zabojnik

Marry did good with Iturbe. Yeah, at 27M€ we're overpaying him, however he'll sign a 5-year contract and will only be on 1.5M€/year salary.

Conte should give a big fuck you to the league and get the team to stay for a long run in the CL. Let Roma win the league.

This is never going to happen, sadly.

Pogba better delete his 'Juve dream' tweet

:( We had a good run, Yurt-chan. A good run.

Barzul

17 of those goals came from 3 games. Assume we don't lose our heads and instead we give up 2 in each. That means we concede 30 last season. For 90% of the season we were great defensively.

Our overall play needs to improve in the big games.

Hence why we need a more mobile midfielder next to Ramsey.

Barzul

We went from signing Chamakh (on a free) and Gervinho to Ozil and Sanchez. 2 years ago Cazorla was our best player, now he's not even in the top 5. That's progress.

Great signing for Arsenal.

Pogba to Chelsea is also sublime business.

And we're about to lose Suarez.

Good thing I'm going straight to the pub from work.

Things were supposed to get better after last season :(

Our business just stinks of depth that will still leave us with a far inferior team to one with Suarez in it. Need a big fuckoff signing to make us excited for next season rather than fucking petrified, because that's what I am at the moment.

Hopefully this 'list of targets in the event of Suarez's sale' comes to fruition. It fucking better had.

Ryan Bertrand, for fuck's sake. Ryan. Fucking. Bertrand. What the fuck kind of message does that send about our ambition.

wedward

Our business just stinks of depth that will still leave us with a far inferior team to one with Suarez in it. Need a big fuckoff signing to make us excited for next season rather than fucking petrified, because that's what I am at the moment.

Ryan Bertrand, for fuck's sake. Ryan. Fucking. Bertrand. What the fuck kind of message does that send about our ambition.

Arsenal fans know this all too well.

Money and CL doesn't guarantee players will want to come.

Wilbur

Banned
Absolutely class signing from Arsenal. Sanchez is someone I wanted when he left Udinese and he's someone I wanted when he was leaving Barca. Dynamite business from Wenger, although he has to address deficiencies elsewhere too. Plenty of time to do so.

omgkitty

I really hope Jenkinson isn't sold. I know he's not the best RB in the world, but he probably loves the club more than any other player there and I'd absolutely hate to see him forced out.

‏@GuillemBalague
As well as Debuchy, AFC about to finalise a loan deal for Manquillo. Both for the right back position. Not huge names but clever picks

Jenks is gone lads

Scum

Marry did good with Iturbe. Yeah, at 27M€ we're overpaying him, however he'll sign a 5-year contract and will only be on 1.5M€/year salary.

This is never going to happen, sadly.

:( We had a good run, Yurt-chan. A good run.

Oh. Iturbe signed? Cool. How about Veratti?? Shame to think Conte might not relinquish the league. Just finish 2nd or 3rd.

hiroshawn

Banned
Gary Lineker ✔ @GaryLineker
Follow
If AFC wrap up deals with Alexis Sanchez & Debuchy, & get Khedira, which I hear is possible, they could well win the title.

Scum

Hopefully this 'list of targets in the event of Suarez's sale' comes to fruition. It fucking better had.

You can have Dawson, Lennon and Townsend in exchange for Sterling.

wedward

Gary Lineker ✔ @GaryLineker
Follow
If AFC wrap up deals with Alexis Sanchez & Debuchy, & get Khedira, which I hear is possible, they could well win the title.

Wenger probably told Ozil when he signed he would try and bring his bff to the Emirates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom