• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
With 2 young right backs, neither ready yet, which forces us to sign Debuchy why are we loaning another youngster? That makes no logical sense whatsoever.

Nothing to explain. Unless Mou is planning to undo all his good FFP work

Im not saying we'll sign him (being honest, I find it unlikely unless we offer a player in exchange to lower the fee) but the FFP work was done so that we could spend and we are in a position to spend. If Pogba (or any other expensive midfielder in that position) comes I think it will guarantee Mikel and Ramires are both off rather than just Mikel which would save us.

Saved a ton in contracts ending (Cole and Lampard was nearly £300k themselves...) Luiz gone and I'm sure there will be plenty of other sales

Arsenal fans know this all too well.

Money and CL doesn't guarantee players will want to come.

We're spending a bomb on players who I don't expect to contribute much next season though relative to the players whose positions they'll take, which is our most important season since 09/10

Markovic £20m: Long-term prospect
Lallana £25: Depth in 3 positions, not that good
Origi £10m: Won't even be with us

Can't complain about Lovren if we get him since unless he flops he will drastically improve us.

Sanchez, Shaqiri, Griezmann, Moreno, Rodriguez. Get 2 of them done ffs.

VLiberty

Weird things happening here in Naples...

10464230_499505896849176_2520293184294967763_n.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
All these signings are further reinforcing the fact that the PL is the best league going.
you probably shouldn't be celebrating all of this. Because if anything, this guarantees you're out of Europe once again next season.
Im not saying we'll sign him (being honest, I find it unlikely unless we offer a player in exchange to lower the fee) but the FFP work was done so that we could spend and we are in a position to spend. If Pogba (or any other expensive midfielder in that position) comes I think it will guarantee Mikel and Ramires are both off rather than just Mikel which would save us.

Saved a ton in contracts ending (Cole and Lampard was nearly £300k themselves...) Luiz gone and I'm sure there will be plenty of other sales

I'm 200% sure Pogba will cost something close 70-80 million.

50-60 will simply not do, or we can just wait for Madrid you know.

Barzul

We're spending a bomb on players who I don't expect to contribute much next season though relative to the players whose positions they'll take, which is our most important season since 09/10

Can't complain about Lovren if we get him since unless he flops he will drastically improve us.

Griezzmann is definitely gettable for y'all if you meet his clause.

Scum

Shaqiri and Moreno.

Shaqiri and Moreno.

I'm leaning towards Rodriguez after seeing his world cup performances. He's a fucking wall aside from the France match.

I guess if we have Flanagan on the right though, we want an attacking leftback, and I'm not sure if Rodriguez is good in attack since he was very much defense-first for Switzerland

BundesGAF, fill me in

Pennywise

Arsenal's cash is all legit.

I don't know shit about Arsenal, but United is burning so much fucking cash.
For both wages and fees.
Shaw was to expensive, Nani still get's a shitload of money and we don't even wanna speak about Rooney.
Without the Glazers it would be a different situation.

La Liga isn't better, it might be even worse.

That's what I love about the Bundesliga.
Clubs usually use the money they earn, allthough shitty clubs like Wolfsburg,Hoffenheim and Leverkusen are avoiding that and there are more coming...

I noticed something with the Infamous games, playing through them a second time (as the opposite karma) always seem to get boring, happened in all 3 games for me.

wedward

For both wages and fees.
Shaw was to expensive, Nani still get's a shitload of money and we don't even wanna speak about Rooney.

Clubs usually use the money they earn, allthough shitty clubs like Wolfsburg,Hoffenheim and Leverkusen are avoiding that and there are more coming...

United are about to sign a kit deal worth 750 million over ten years. They can afford to do whatever they please.

For both wages and fees.

Man Utd are one of the too 4 clubs in the world, they make a metric fucktonne of money from sponsorships, merchandise, tickets sales etc

Say what you like about the way they spend it, but they make it legitimately

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck remember when we lost 8-2 to United? Whoever thought we'd see a window like this one.

how the fuck are they related

"FUCK remember when Southampton beat us 6-2? Who would have thought that ten years later we'd have spent 30m on Dimitar Berbatov"

WJD

For both wages and fees.

Again, United's cash is completely legitimate and any expenditure made is in spite of the Glazer's if anything.

Liverpool too.

The only top clubs that need to be worrying about FFP are Chelsea and City.

Barzul

how the fuck are they related

"FUCK remember when Southampton beat us 6-2? Who would have thought that ten years later we'd have spent 30m on Dimitar Berbatov"

We signed Andre Santos and Park Chu Young right after that. The 2 day buying spree. That's what I was trying to reference. We went from signing players like those to Sanchez and Ozil.

Meier

Certain Jenko is off to Newcastle on loan. Interesting to see how does there.

I wonder what's going to happen to Richards. He's been linked with Newcastle for the past few weeks. Surely we're going to be able to find someone who will take him..

Clegg

Again, United's cash is completely legitimate and any expenditure made is in spite of the Glazer's if anything.

Liverpool too.

The only top clubs that need to be worrying about FFP are Chelsea and City.
Well that Chevy deal still seems ropy as fuck to me.

Scum

I'm leaning towards Rodriguez after seeing his world cup performances. He's a fucking wall aside from the France match.

I guess if we have Flanagan on the right though, we want an attacking leftback, and I'm not sure if Rodriguez is good in attack since he was very much defense-first for Switzerland

BundesGAF, fill me in
Huh? I never mentioned anything about them going to Liverpool. 😒

This is peri peri bad news
You should be ashamed, Linett. Grab your coat on the way out.

I'd fucking bite ya hand off for 4th at the moment btw

I kinda have to agree, none of our signings/potential signings scream we are trying to get top 4 let alone win the league, yet Man U, Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea all show that intent. I'm starting to question Rodgers transfer clout. Tactically he is great but his transfers seem lacking in ambition/hoping for a surprise success that may never come.

At least he isnt a Dalglish MK2 at transfers, or Hodgson :/.

It could be Ayre, being Ayre and messing things up, but selling Suarez (which needs to be done imo( means the spotlight will be even harsher on transfers now.

Scum

rvy! Welcome back!

I wonder what's going to happen to Richards. He's been linked with Newcastle for the past few weeks. Surely we're going to be able to find someone who will take him..

When in doubt, ship him off to 'Arry.

Wilbur

Banned
Look at the squad we fielded.

Our line up

DDG (when everyone still thought he was shit)
Smalling
Jones
Evans
Evra (when he was shit)
Nani
Anderson
Cleverley
Young
Welbeck
Rooney

I think many people would fucking die of laughter if we fielded that team now.

Yours was Chez; Jenko, Koscielny, Djourou, Traore; Ramsey, Coquelin; Rosicky, Walcott, Arshavin; RVP

Dont think there's an awful discrepancy between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom