• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Times are saying Swansea want Kyle Naughton as part of the deal for Davies.

lVc1u.gif

Who are you selling Lamela to?

I just want to see Diego Costa in a Chelsea shirt already. Come on Emenalo.

Or maybe he's waiting to present that Costa, Luis and Pogba deal at the same time.

this summer is going to be so good. I am so confident about this season it is unreal. I haven't felt this way since like the start of the 10/11 season when we smashed everyone 6/7-0 and then threw away the title! please don't fuck it up this time Chelsea!

Lightning

Banned
I'd be very surprised if United and Arsenal were embroiled in a bidding war over Ron Robert Zieler
Our needs for our clubs seem different. Can't imagine who we could target that are the same position.

We only need a DM and the rest are really back up positions like cb and goal keeper.

this summer is going to be so good. I am so confident about this season it is unreal. I haven't felt this way since like the start of the 10/11 season when we smashed everyone 6/7-0 and then threw away the title! please don't fuck it up this time Chelsea!

Ivanovic has already shaved his beard off, the season will be a disaster.

qindarka

Banned

I'd hardly call 10/11 throwing away the title. We had a small lead at the start of the season and then went on to play the most awful football. Was a miracle we brought the title race down to the penultimate week.

But anyway, time for formations:

.......................................Courtois
Azpilicueta.............Cahill.......................Terry............................Luis
.................Fabregas...........Matic....Pogba
.Willian/Oscar/Schurrle.........Costa.............Hazard

Remember that time Quiche was like, if Chelsea don't sign a world class striker I'm not supporting them anymore.

I think it was last summer.

Eto'o saved him.

I'd hardly call 10/11 throwing away the title. We had a small lead at the start of the season and then went on to play the most awful football. Was a miracle we brought the title race down to the penultimate week.

But anyway, time for formations:

.......................................Courtois
Azpilicueta.............Cahill.......................Terry............................Luis
.................Fabregas...........Matic....Pogba
.Willian/Oscar/Schurrle.........Costa.............Hazard

it's going to be so good. Can't wait for pre season to start, think I am going to go to Wycombe on Wednesday to go see the game!

Remember that time Quiche was like, if Chelsea don't sign a world class striker I'm not supporting them anymore.

I think it was last summer.

Eto'o saved him.

that doesn't sound like anything I have ever said? I don't remember that at all

Blablurn

Tobias Altschäffl @altobelli13

Mediendirektor Hörwick bestätigt: "Navas ist ein interessanter Spieler, aber ein Wechsel steht derzeit nicht bevor." #FCBayern

L1NETT

But seriously, expect Chelsea to draw with Burnley on the opening day.

Not with Burnley's signings

Making Villa look like transfer geniuses

Michael Kightly
Matt Gilks
Marvin Sordell
Matt Taylor
Steven Reid

I think Cesc Fabregas half asleep could beat these mugs

A Sky Sports journo is saying Liverpool want Bony and Remy.

Thought someone here (can;t remember who, apologies) said that Bony story was noddy?

I think this is the best work on an Arsenal signing since Bergkamp. We got the player for a great price, since I think his value has increased since joining Barca, and we got it done early.

I am not sure when Ozil comes back to training since he is meant to have so many weeks off after the world cup, but the thought of them two together is frightening. Ozil seems to be at his best when he has speedy inside forwards
and attacking fullbacks
to work with, rather than the slow and boring football we try at times.

A front four of Sanchez/Ozil/Gnabry and Giroud can work brilliant. The directness of Sanchez and Gnabry should be able to exploit the space that Giroud creates and Ozil will have be having a laugh.

Of course, I fully expect Wenger to stick Ozil on the right and have Santi in the middle and completely slow down our team and kill us.

Lightning

Banned
I think this is the best work on an Arsenal signing since Bergkamp. We got the player for a great price, since I think his value has increased since joining Barca, and we got it done early.

I am not sure when Ozil comes back to training since he is meant to have so many weeks off after the world cup, but the thought of them two together is frightening. Ozil seems to be at his best when he has speedy inside forwards
and attacking fullbacks
to work with, rather than the slow and boring football we try at times.

A front four of Sanchez/Ozil/Gnabry and Giroud can work brilliant. The directness of Sanchez and Gnabry should be able to exploit the space that Giroud creates and Ozil will have be having a laugh.

Of course, I fully expect Wenger to stick Ozil on the right and have Santi in the middle and completely slow down our team and kill us.
From what I read Özil, Podolski and Mertesacker don't come back until after the Emirates cup games, so just before the season starts. They will miss pre-season. Sanchez is back for the Emirates cup games but doubt he'll play that much so no practice time for them.

Home game against Tony Pulis to start. Not ideal.

From what I read Özil, Podolski and Mertesacker don't come back until after the Emirates cup games, so just before the season starts. They will miss pre-season. Sanchez is back for the Emirates cup games but doubt he'll play that much so no practice time for them.

Home game against Tony Pulis to start. Not ideal.

Sounds about right, i thought players were entitled to 4 weeks holiday or something.

I am sure Ozil/Sanchez will be a great combo this season. But Ozil always strikes me as a player who really needs to train with players for a good period to get to know them. And pre-season is always the best time for that. He needs to work with players and find out their movements and what runs they like. 2015/2016 should be really scary.

Edit: having some world cup winners will be a great boost for the team.

TeddyBoy

A Sky Sports journo is saying Liverpool want Bony and Remy.

I don't really see us buying either of these players, never mind both.

We only play with one striker, Sturridge, Lambert and Borini is good enough cover for just one position (Aspas is dead to me).

Galliani says he really likes Jackson Martinez.............. don't do this to me pls don't dont dont dont dont

There's no way. Don't get your hopes up.

The original plan may have been to sell Balo and use the money for Martinez but now that Balo's value has plummeted, I'm sure that plan is scrapped. No way we can afford Martinez without raising substantial money.

Galliani said:
Robinho wants to play in the United States, there is an ongoing negotiation with Orlando City Soccer.

americabrul5.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
What the fuck?

Well sure, any player is available for a certain price. Is £20m a price that people will pay for Lamela right now? I don't think so, certainly not the Milan clubs, and they are the only ones interested.

Walshy

Thought someone here (can;t remember who, apologies) said that Bony story was noddy?
The local paper, the Liverpool Echo are saying Rodgers wants a striker and Bony is one of his targets. Graeme Bailey who is quite reliable, is saying that we have made moves for both Remy and Bony. Bony has a £19m release clause apparently.

Hello world

Freshly single lads, not doing well innit. Yurt said you guys would chear me up

ITT we post funny footy gifs for a giggle
Just watch this: Aly Cissokho | Fever for the Flava | 13/14 Season Highlights

Scum

Well sure, any player is available for a certain price. Is £20m a price that people will pay for Lamela right now? I don't think so, certainly not the Milan clubs, and they are the only ones interested.

I was hoping to see no more "Spurs player on transfer list." unless it was Lennon, Naughton or Dawson. I want to see Lamela play for us for years to come. ;_;

bud

And Clasie really surprised me, we improved a lot when he came on. Maybe he's our future midfield star, I hope so.

felt like a dagger through my heart when i saw people in this thread comparing him to cleverleh.

van gaal made a few mistakes, and one of them was picking wijnaldum over clasie.

also, klaassen doesn't play in the same position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom