• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello world

Freshly single lads, not doing well innit. Yurt said you guys would chear me up

ITT we post funny footy gifs for a giggle

iUUgew2gk61rD.png

Not a gif, though. Here:

iiNq37jlNkjPq.gif

Jabo

There's no way. Don't get your hopes up.

The original plan may have been to sell Balo and use the money for Martinez but now that Balo's value has plummeted, I'm sure that plan is scrapped. No way we can afford Martinez without raising substantial money.

americabrul5.gif

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I was hoping to see no more "Spurs player on transfer list." unless it was Lennon, Naughton or Dawson. I want to see Lamela play for us for years to come. ;_;

At Spurs every player is 'on the transfer list' that's how we do things. Pay Levy's (often exorbitant) price and you can have whoever you want, no matter their importance to the team. If somebody offered £50m for Eriksen or Lloris then they would be on their way.

Nodnol

Pleased to see Chamakh sign a new deal.

No sniggering at the back! He was great for us last year; playing a little deeper, he worked so hard, and was genuinely the best technical player we had (not saying much I know). With the ball going through him when counter-attacking, his class helped immensely. You may laugh, but in the context of what was largely a Championship team, he was great.

Also says a lot when a player turns down the money of QPR, and the chance to play at the club that helped make him, as well as accepting a rumored 50% pay-cut. The unity in the group after Holloway left was what kept us up, and it's obviously had a great effect of the Moroccan Messi (jokes).

felt like a dagger through my heart when i saw people in this thread comparing him to cleverleh.

van gaal made a few mistakes, and one of them was picking wijnaldum over clasie.

also, klaassen doesn't play in the same position.

Jordy Clasie engine.

Pleased to see Chamakh sign a new deal.

No sniggering at the back! He was great for us last year; playing a little deeper, he worked so hard, and was genuinely the best technical player we had (not saying much I know). With the ball going through him when counter-attacking, his class helped immensely. You may laugh, but in the context of what was largely a Championship team, he was great.

Also says a lot when a player turns down the money of QPR, and the chance to play at the club that helped make him, as well as accepting a rumored 50% pay-cut. The unity in the group after Holloway left was what kept us up, and it's obviously had a great effect of the Moroccan Messi (jokes).
He was good when he first came to Arsenal, especially with his link up play in and around the box. All went wrong after Van Persie finally got off the injury table.

Manager

French press saying Benatia deal is close, English press saying Mangala deal is close. Just one final transfer and City are done.

Yaya will return to City on Tuesday, hopefully the rest did him good.

Scum

At Spurs every player is 'on the transfer list' that's how we do things. Pay Levy's (often exorbitant) price and you can have whoever you want, no matter their importance to the team. If somebody offered £50m for Eriksen or Lloris then they would be on their way.

I'm expecting this next summer.

image.php

GorillaJu

I don't really see us buying either of these players, never mind both.

We only play with one striker, Sturridge, Lambert and Borini is good enough cover for just one position (Aspas is dead to me).

Sturridge spent too much time out injured last year, and being left with Lambert and Borini when Danny is out isn't exactly inspiring. I think Borini will be sold anyway. Wouldn't be surprised if we started the season with Sturridge, Bony, Lambert, Remy as our four strikers and to be honest I'd be rather happy with that. Having added Markovic and Lallana to attack, I think we'll have more goals from forwards in big games. Suarez, for all his brilliance, scored almost no goals against top teams, and very, very few from losing or drawing positions.

Nodnol

He was good when he first came to Arsenal, especially with his link up play in and around the box. All went wrong after Van Persie finally got off the injury table.

Fair play to Arsenal though, they helped us out massively last year with the initial deal. I keep seeing that they were paying him more than we were! Don't know how true that is.

French press saying Benatia deal is close, English press saying Mangala deal is close. Just one final transfer and City are done.

Yaya will return to City on Tuesday, hopefully the rest did him good.

The period after his exit from the World Cup is where he should have been running his mouth off

Probably realised he's not as in-demand as he thought he'd be

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sturridge spent too much time out injured last year, and being left with Lambert and Borini when Danny is out isn't exactly inspiring. I think Borini will be sold anyway. Wouldn't be surprised if we started the season with Sturridge, Bony, Lambert, Remy as our four strikers and to be honest I'd be rather happy with that. Having added Markovic and Lallana to attack, I think we'll have more goals from forwards in big games. Suarez, for all his brilliance, scored almost no goals against top teams, and very, very few from losing or drawing positions.

That's overkill surely, 4 players for one position? 2 of them will be sitting in the stands every week.

I don't think the wage is gonna be a problem, since he'll probably earn as much as Robinho or Kaka. BUT GETTING RID OF BALO GODFUCKINGDAMN IT

I don't know, after all, if we're going to offer 20m this summer it means that we're using whatever we saved from Binho and Ricky's wages, so those money would be already spent in buying the player from Porto, and we'd have to sell somebody else to find the money for his wage.
And we would still need a AMR and a midfielder, on top of that. As much as I dislike Balo, at this point I'd rather see Milan fix those two positions and then figure out something for him.

United need to fire the PS department

Also seeing how much Shinji is being featured, don't see him going away this window at least

BsCK6XhCAAEzjCE.jpg:large

Also, Aon is still sponsoring us? Confused, thought Chevy replaced that.

Undisclosed

OMG

It really was £59m

I think it's 58

BetterWaryConey.gif

Gonna have to wait for the Echo to get an idea of the figure

If it is £60m or so, this'll be the most disappointing transfer window I remember so far, considering that I had actual expectations

L1NETT

If it is £60m or so, this'll be the most disappointing transfer window I remember so far, considering that I had actual expectations

Not over yet m8

Problem is the available quality talent who is out there now that you have some dollar

Don't go full Spurs

Surely you can sign that Konoplokna bloke now

Goodbye bitch. Barcelona yet again showing they have no standards, child trafficking, Suarez, doping... Més que un club

BetterWaryConey.gif

Gonna have to wait for the Echo to get an idea of the figure

iazndo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom