• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't

BsQuhTZIAAAd6wI.jpg

wedward

If you say that you follow a player, like many around the world do with James, yes, you're not really a fan of sports, so much as a fan of players that are in the spotlight.

The good with the bad is one way of looking at it too.

You think people like Lebron James because he is a nice guy or handsome or something?

They like him because he is good at basketball.

If they don't like basketball they wouldn't like a basketball player.

GQman2121

Banned
You think people like Lebron James because he is a nice guy or handsome or something?

They like him because he is good at basketball.

If they don't like basketball they wouldn't like a basketball player.

Do you really think the majority of those people watch games that he's not playing in?

Hell, the majority likely don't even watch him play. It's just easy to say you support whatever team the biggest superstar plays for. Oh yeah, I like the Heat. Lebron is awesome.

wedward

Do you really think the majority of those people watch games that he's not playing in?

Hell, the majority likely don't even watch him play. It's just easy to say you support whatever team the biggest superstar plays for. Oh yeah, I like the Heat. Lebron is awesome.

People have lives, so no.

Is that what you have to do in order to be considered a "sports fan"

I don't watch baseball games aside from Giants games. I don't watch much basketball aside from Warriors games. Why? Because I can't spend all my free time watching sports.

You are assuming a lot.

Firemind

I do not understand the concept of being a fan of a player and supporting whatever team he is on. I mean I loved RVP, loved him. But when he was gone he was dead to me. With Cesc I also liked him a lot, but even when he was in La Liga I was still rooting for RM in most Clasico's. Like I said that concept is so foreign to me. Wonder what kind of rationale LeBron fans use.

You a Real supporter? Glory seeker.

Probity

Who should get the Golden ball? Muller, Messi or Hames for me.

If Müller scores the winning goal, he'll get the golden boot, which is all I want. Though, I could see him actually earning the Golden Ball, seeing as he has put in 2 MoTM performances in a team where it is harder (in my opinion) to get one that it is for Messi. He has been pretty damn important for the German team overall, but I don't know. If it was going to be a German it would be between him, Hummels, and Neuer. Not sure, honestly. If they lost, I would probably give it to Messi or something.

Barzul

You a Real supporter? Glory seeker.

Please I support Arsenal. Arsenal and glory seeker haven't gone together in a decade. I do prefer Real to win whenever the play La Liga games. Can't really say I'm a supporter as I only watch some of their CL games (when Arsenal isn't playing) and Clasico's.

Lightning

Banned
So Suarez is officially gone? Huge blow for Liverpool. Guy is not replaceable with any single player. It's not just the goals, it's the way he drags defenders around, creates space for others simply by being there even when not involved because you need 1 or 2 players on him at all times which makes room for others.

Not that sad to see him leave the PL though. Soured it a bit with his constant controversy and attitude.

Scum

I'll cry of it happens. I'm still not entirely sure he's a real player though. Fuck, he might not be a real person.

For once I'd like to have a season or two where the only transfer news I hear is about "fringe" players leaving.

I like Lamela. I still think he'll come good. I just want it to be with us.

Levy, pls.

/rabid mutterings

GQman2121

Banned
People have lives, so no.

Is that what you have to do in order to be considered a "sports fan"

I don't watch baseball games aside from Giants games. I don't watch much basketball aside from Warriors games. Why? Because I can't spend all my free time watching sports.

You are assuming a lot.

I am assuming a bit, but this mostly applies to Lebron more than most people who claim to follow sports.

Arnie

So Suarez is officially gone? Huge blow for Liverpool. Guy is not replaceable with any single player. It's not just the goals, it's the way he drags defenders around, creates space for others simply by being there even when not involved because you need 1 or 2 players on him at all times which makes room for others.

Not that sad to see him leave the PL though. Soured it a bit with his constant controversy and attitude.
Don't, mate.

Don't.

bobito

Banned
All we need now is to finish 9th with Sturridge injured all season, while Origi scores 35 league goals and leaves next summer with a £15m buyout clause

Bring me the big, fuckoff signing

Yep, no excuses now.

You have the money, you have europe. Rodgers has to make it happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom