• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT25| Louis evangaalism strictly prohibited

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd play Arteta vs Chelsea @ The Bridge. Ozil on the wing, with Sanchez and Giroud.

Why not. We lost 6-0 the last time we played there. I'd rather have a really solid core when we play them away. That's a game I will very readily draw if it comes down to it.

Exactly that team could win

Barzul

Arteta is positionally solid and a fighter Khedira will improve him. He doesn't have to start every match but against teams like Chelsea and Man City I would start him.

I wouldn't start him vs City. I'd play Ozil but against Chelsea away. I'd play as defensive a team as possible, could care less about winning that one unless it was a title decider. I'd happily take a draw there.

jtb

Banned
another reason I don't want Khedira: Mourinho would know all the ins and outs of a Khedira-Ozil midfield. on one hand, it's pretty successful for country I guess. on the other hand, it already failed at Madrid, why try it again? out of blind hope that our shittier supporting cast is going to make it work?

I wouldn't start him vs City. I'd play Ozil but against Chelsea away. I'd play as defensive a team as possible, could care less about winning that one unless it was a title decider. I'd happily take a draw there.

I'd play Flamini before I played Arteta if the idea was safety first. Arteta's legs are gone.

It's on wikipedia. It is official.

F8GRKRU.png

Weird, on the article it says Juventus but the Google preview says United. Seems like they've leaked it early.

wedward

I'd play Arteta vs Chelsea @ The Bridge. Ozil on the wing, with Sanchez and Giroud.

Why not. We lost 6-0 the last time we played there. I'd rather have a really solid core when we play them away. That's a game I will very readily draw if it comes down to it.

Maybe play 3 CM if we need to overload the mid.

Barzul

I'd play Flamini before I played Arteta if the idea was safety first. Arteta's legs are gone.

Arteta > Flamini even with dead legs. Flamini lacks the tactical discipline that Arteta has. Playing with midfield engines like Ramsey and Khedira would take a lot of defensive pressure off him in that game.

Probity

Sven > Khedira > Lars

Lars and Sven play basically the same style, but they play different roles of importance in their teams and so some things are different. Sven is able to play with a lot more comfort and take more risks, since the team is more reliable. Lars isn't so lucky. I'd put them as pretty much the same, and would be a pretty cool pair in a 4-2-3-1, overall.

El Topo

I've just heard about the LeBron story. How are you holding up, Bla?

United fans are getting worse than Bla and Pulga after winning the CL.

stahp

Let them get excited, they've had a bad season. Also their transfer muppetry is a source of joy for the rest of us. I'm still thankful for the Thiago story. If someone is really annoyed by it, just take a break for a few days, it helps a lot.

Carbonox

Cabella's finally signing for Newcastle. I can't.

I'm not going to hype myself up but a midfield of the following is pretty good for us:

----------Tiote------Anita--------
Sissoko--de Jong--Cabella

Fuck knows who we will have as a striker though. Riviere is shit. Cisse is shit. Perez and Campbell are kids.

omgkitty

Lars and Sven play basically the same style, but they play different roles of importance in their teams and so some things are different. Sven is able to play with a lot more comfort and take more risks, since the team is more reliable. Lars isn't so lucky. I'd put them as pretty much the same, and would be a pretty cool pair in a 4-2-3-1, overall.

We should just buy both Benders.

Scum

Arteta on the bench.

Cazorla Sanchez Theo
-------------Ozil
------Rambo Kheidra.

Don't know if Sami is the man to strike fear into opponents.
Jedward, pls. Move Sanchez into Carzola's position, drop Cazorla. Stick Remy or Giroud up top. Theo, Ozil and Sanchez on free roles.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
GUYS

Fadetoblack is a bit upset and drunk right now

Pls cheer him up/hear him out ok <3

UnitedGAF, redeem yourselves you muppets

I've just started putting people on ignore until September 1st. I used to love muppet season but now it just bores and irritates me.

I'm Clegg :(

It's quite alright if someone credible is being quoted.

My cousin has been sending me indykyle tweets all day.

Pls kill me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom