• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Which hotel are you staying at?

I've never been to Kabuto. Usually go for all-you-can-eat at Sushi-Mon.

We're at the Cosmopolitan. Got a really nice suite with a wrap-around balcony over the pool, with a full view of the strip.

Kabuto is better than any sushi I've ever had in Japan. Highly recommend it. The fatty tuna I had is probably one of the best foods I've ever had

FootballFan

We're at the Cosmopolitan. Got a really nice suite with a wrap-around balcony over the pool, with a full view of the strip.

Kabuto is better than any sushi I've ever had in Japan. Highly recommend it. The fatty tuna I had is probably one of the best foods I've ever had

Yeah? Well I'm eating butter chicken, beat that.

K1LLER7

Who won it last season?
City beat Chelsea last year if I remember correctly.
Tevez scored a screamer. Great player, bit of a cunt.

Wigan beat ManCity, Wigan will be ManU.

It is Wigan's time.
But Man Utd are league champions and better than City :)

Bebe will start and with that Wigans hope of a shock win will diasappear. Bebe will score a Hattrick.
Bebe for Balon D'or 2013/14

But Man Utd are league champions and better than City :)

Bebe will start and with that Wigans hope of a shock win will diasappear. Bebe will score a Hattrick.
Bebe for Balon D'or 2013/14

I'm in full Bebe hate mode. Fuck Bebe. He's playing in the next friendly and not Adnan. We want to see Adnan, not Bebe.

ibgIJmYHFEOqFb.gif

Glad I made this fergus gif. It will get a lot of use this season. No wonder Shinji said he was very surprised when he first saw Fergie blow up. He said Fergie is seriously scary.

FootballFan

Super Cups/Charity Shields are weird. I give no shits at all when/if we lose them, but happy as can be when/if we win them.

Anyone else see it that way?

I think Klopp or Pep said something similar after the German super cup.

edit
Found the quote from Klopp: "The winner is always happy and the loser does not care too much – this is the great thing about the Supercup"

GorillaJu

Predictions for 2013/14

- Kyoufu will stop watching football

- Kyoufu will begin watching football again

- I will quote the insane Arsenal fans who think they're actually progressing closer to a title challenge than regressing. Laughter will be had.

- Swansea will disappoint.

- Spurs won't improve on their point total.

- Mourinho's second coming won't be the second coming, unless Rooney signs.

- If Rooney signs for Chelsea, he'll be top scorer and take points off of United, but Chelsea won't place above 3rd.

- City will come close to winning the league but get edged out by Utd., but the gap won't be as large as it is this year.

- Arsene Wenger's sacking in February 2014 will be the event of the season.

FootballFan

Predictions for 2013/14

- Kyoufu will stop watching football

- Kyoufu will begin watching football again

- I will quote the insane Arsenal fans who think they're actually progressing closer to a title challenge than regressing. Laughter will be had.

- Swansea will disappoint.

- Spurs won't improve on their point total.

- Mourinho's second coming won't be the second coming, unless Rooney signs.

- If Rooney signs for Chelsea, he'll be top scorer and take points off of United, but Chelsea won't place above 3rd.

- City will come close to winning the league but get edged out by Utd., but the gap won't be as large as it is this year.

- Arsene Wenger's sacking in February 2014 will be the event of the season.

I hope/think you are right about everything except the last two points, Utd surely can't keep winning. City pls.

and Wenger won't get sacked.

Chipotle

My prediction is that Fellaini will sign for United and Rooney will stay. They will both be off for the first few weeks because they will be at a top secret Vatican hair treatment clinic (the real reason the Catholic Church has all that cash). Rooney will come back with an afro that visibly malts over the course of a game but will score 30 goals from his new position at centre back (Jones as number 10). Fellaini will lose his strength with his hair and find his only use in his stubbly noggin being a post for De Gea to scratch his increasingly bearded chin on.

Put money on it.

K1LLER7

I'm in full Bebe hate mode. Fuck Bebe. He's playing in the next friendly and not Adnan. We want to see Adnan, not Bebe.

Glad I made this fergus gif. It will get a lot of use this season. No wonder Shinji said he was very surprised when he first saw Fergie blow up. He said Fergie is seriously scary.
Great gif *saved* :)
Don't blame Bebe, blame Moysey :p

Suprised Adnan isn't included. Maybe it's beacuse he's sorting out his new contract and will play on Friday, or he'll be involved on the bench for the Community Shield.

Don't want him to go back to the reserves.

FootballFan

build a bridge

What reasons would I need a bridge lol. I don't care who wins it, I just have my doubts about moyesy.

Shame on moaninho/pellegrini if they let it happen.

Ill give pellegrini 2 seasons since he is new to it. But moaninho surely can't lose out to moyes with that squad.

K1LLER7

I hope/think you are right about everything except the last two points, Utd surely can't keep winning. City pls.

and Wenger won't get sacked.
Madrid will win lol Liga whilst Moysey's United wins the PL.

Dortmund/PSG will win the CL.

Barca tropheyless season. Messi leaves, Neymar becomes main man and Barca make even more money. $$$

Madrid will win lol Liga whilst Moysey's United wins the PL.

Dortmund/PSG will win the CL.

I'd rather root for Barca now. I've rooted for Madrid in the past because Ronaldo and Ozil were on the team, but no more. Plug and MPW insulting the great Fergus was the last straw.

I generally think of Pulga as Arnold and Danny Devito in Twins. The Madrid side of him is the crap that was left over to create that Pulga, and the great side is Arnold/Juve Pulga.

Chipotle

Mourinho will cause chaos with the Chelsea players the same as he did with the Madrid ones. By Christmas 2014 he'll be gone and calling another club his home before fucking it up.

probably United after Moyes's genius goes unappreciated

Timurid

I'd rather root for Barca now. I've rooted for Madrid in the past because Ronaldo and Ozil were on the team, but no more. Plug and MPW insulting the great Fergus was the last straw.

I generally think of Pulga as Arnold and Danny Devito in Twins. The Madrid side of him is the crap that was left over to create that Pulga, and the great side is Arnold/Juve Pulga.

Pulga is a full blooded merengue.

FootballFan

Plug has a juve side? H'm never seen it.

K1LLER7

Pulga just mad they missed out on Neymar and paid €86m for that Illaramendri guy.

Lets hope they didn't renew that contract of Cunt Cakir's.

Actually now I want Barca to win the league, Barca gaf have FootballFan. He's a fellow #JanuzajBro #DatHoldUpPlay

Messi

Pulga just mad they missed out on Neymar and paid €86m for that Illaramendri guy.

Lets hope they didn't renew that contract of Cunt Cakir's.

Actually now I want Barca to win the league, Barca gaf have FootballFan. He's a fellow #JanuzajBro #DatHoldUpPlay

They also have me

I was watching some Januzaj videos and there was this comment that said "DAT HOLD UP PLAY" and the name said B4RCA or something like that.

FootballFan

Move to the UK so I can play you when we're both awake.

Your the only name missing from 'the list' :p

Uck my ick mate.

You played anastacio? Wilbs? Freewheelin?

Our times do suck though. Either have to play early morning or late at night. Lol.

I won the online premier cup last night but it didn't count because the cup window closed during the match.....haha so random.

Timurid

Yep that was me. You can click the account and find the 8-0 vs timurid highlights. :p

You didn't score 8 goals... You only score 3 or maybe 4 and rest were own goals. I'll play you tomorrow, you little bitch ass punk.

I just signed Januzaj for 5 mil as Anderlecht. :lol :lol :lol

FootballFan

Want a game?

I'm still not feeling well but yep sure. Killer is waiting until I am healthy to play me :lol

Just a pregame warning though, my online seasons record with Liverpool:

9VGG6AB.jpg

It's a week old now, hasn't changed since I got this flu. It will become 64-2-2 after I am 100%.

YNWA

lol I looked up Rainbow Flick and saw a Neymar video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTufSek4nVU

Everytime he does a rainbow flick, it just ends up to the opponent, or he just dives immediately. What a flashy waste.

The start where he is dancing makes the video.

Barzul

Predictions for the rest of the rest of the Premier League big Six transfer windows.

Arsenal go an 8-2 vs United type transfer splurge picking up Suarez, Gustavo, Ljajic and Ashley Williams and keeper (don't know who).

Spurs sell Bale and pick up Coentrao, will try for Jackson Martinez but fail.

Man Utd bid 40m for Cesc, but player doesn't force the move and it fails. Double swoop for Fellaini, and Baines. Rooney doesn't move. Man Utd need their marquee signing, bid 35m + add ons for Schweinsteiger and Modric, one of them moves to Utd.

Chelsea is done with transfers, Mourinho is content with the squad he's got and try for Lewandowski in the winter window. Torres stays.

Man City also done with transfers (you'd hope)

Liverpool need Suarez replacement and bring in Diego Costa. They go back for Bernard and land him for ~ 18 million pounds.

Would an interesting end to window if it all plays out like this (it won't), I can dream right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom