• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Already did it.

0q76ono.gif

Are they ever gonna drop the price on the Vita? I want to be a vita bro, and yet my cheap ass nature prevents me :(

10825729-1372770809-857336.jpg

Vita, 8GB Memory Card, 10 games. £170. Pretty good deal if you ask me. But like 3DS I can't see a price drop coming any time soon.

I think they will do a PS4 and Vita bundle though, for sure.

Carbonox

10825729-1372770809-857336.jpg

Vita, 8GB Memory Card, 10 games. £170. Pretty good deal if you ask me. But like 3DS I can't see a price drop coming any time soon.

I think they will do a PS4 and Vita bundle though, for sure.

That deal is still not worth it. Crap selection of games for a worthless console. WIIUWIIUWIIU

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Looks like Besiktas have given up on Ade and now want to sign Defoe. For £3m.

bwahahaha

rvy

Banned
y is people making threats to poor Bale? He doesn't know how to cope with it all, he wants to follow his dream guys.

GHG

Perez would be a good signing - a young understudy for Arteta would be perfect - but i still think Ginter would be the better option because he can play CDM AND CB. At least the club recognizes that we need someone in that position.

We still need at least two topclass players (ST and CM) and 2-3 young promising players and the season starts in 1 1/2 weeks. Hard to stay positive.

Ginter doesn't look like he'd be strong enough technically to play the CDM role for us. He also lacks vision from what I've seen so far. In our system Arteta's role is arguably the most important. We don't play with an "enforcer" type CDM anymore (last one we had was Flamini... David Luiz is an example of this type of player when he plays there for Chelsea).

Its more the Pirlo style CDM where positioning and anticipation are the most important things rather than speed and grit. Once the ball is won the player needs to then be able to make a key pass forwards or to one of the wide men to trigger an attacking phase of play for us. This player also needs to always be available to receive a pass and change the point of attack (recycling the ball if you like). It also requires vision to be able to pass their way out of tight situations (wont have the physical attributes to be able to run/dribble out of these)

We have nobody else like Arteta at the moment which is why we are so fucked without him when he doesn't play. He's our metronome. Schweinsteiger, Busquets, Alonso, Carrick and Pirlo are also similar for their teams (all better than Arteta at this role). Song used to do this role for us as well but he was crap at the interception/anticipation part and made up for it in physicality (winning the ball back after the player has received the pass he should have intercepted). Perez looks to be a good understudy based on what I've seen of him so far. I would have loved Illarramendi but that was always going to be a pipe-dream once Madrid became interested and seeing the money he went for.

Thats not to say we don't need Ginter as well though. He would make a good young 4th choice CB. Miquel is shit in every way possible and wont cut it here. Its laughable that he sees himself going back to Barca one day. One must wonder in what capacity, because it certainly wont be a playing one.

quick round of choice morning news:

- Napoli willing to bid 32 million € for Porto's striker Jackson Martinez.

- Helder Postiga to Valencia, apparently 3 million € deal to be finalized today.

- Zenit enters the race for Cardozo, Fenerbache gearing up for a new bid.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Galliani: "We are the only Italian who will play (the Guinness International Champions Cup) on Wednesday..."

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

goddamn, fuckin Gonzo, lol.

that cunt from D'Arrasar that was in this last Big Brother owns (owned?) a bar here. dude walks like his shit doesn't reek.

rvy

Banned
goddamn, fuckin Gonzo, lol.

that cunt from D'Arrasar that was in this last Big Brother owns (owned?) a bar here. dude walks like his shit doesn't reek.

lol, never heard of it. Must be a shitty bar. Only "celebrity" bar I know around here is that thing that Toy owned, or owns.

lol, never heard of it. Must be a shitty bar. Only "celebrity" bar I know around here is that thing that Toy owned, or owns.

story time: when Toy lived in Aires, me and my cousins beat the shit out of his kid. they got this concrete pitch by the church, we were playing there and this cunt walks in and tells us to leave. i tell him to come closer to i can whisper him a secret and when he leans in i slapped the shit out of him.

Silvino had family there too and Jaime Pacheco still lives there, i'm pretty sure.

rvy

Banned
story time: when Toy lived in Aires, me and my cousins beat the shit out of his kid. they got this concrete pitch by the church, we were playing there and this cunt walks in and tells us to leave. i tell him to come closer to i can whisper him a secret and when he leans in i slapped the shit out of him.

Silvino had family there too and Jaime Pacheco still lives there, i'm pretty sure.

I'm fucking dying here.

dc89

City Injury update:

Aguero back in training this week. A knee injury kept him out of the pre-season tours.
Nastasic ankle injury will keep him out for 4-6 weeks.

Wes

venison crêpe
Tinkering my fantasy team and settled on a lineup I liked.

Somehow have £6m spare. I've gone wrong somewhere...

Why not try and hire/find a real cinematographer?

We were desperately looking for anyone really before this guy offered to do it and my friend agreed. To be honest I'm happy it's being made at all, even if I'm not involved. If I finish writing another project I've been working on I'll start to look around again. I need to avoid burning bridges from now on though.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
PcBros ill be online in half an hour for the games mens, dont midn going any, if not in half hour ill go for a run, ill be in the mumbles!

Ushojax

c7986273-101c-44cd-8598-fe7254e5272e_zpsebe9dc41.jpg

We will have sold 3 world class midfielders in the last 12 months. It's quite pathetic really.

Razor554

League starts in 11 days and we still haven't signed an world class CB. Zubi and Rosell are more useless fucks than Woodward

Ushojax

The Bale talk seems to have died down a bit over the least few days. Perhaps you can still keep him for another season.

It's only died down because it was making us less inclined to talk to Madrid. As soon as AVB said those things after the Monaco match there hasn't been a peep out of Marca or anybody else, their constant shouting made Levy extremely angry.

He'll be gone by the end of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom