• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

I thrashed FF like 100-0.

pls, real review:

Game starts, Liverpool v Liverpool.

- He scores 12th min
- I get red card with Gerrard for his shit dive right after
- He scores again
- I score before the half ends
- I score again second half with Coutz.
- I hit the crossbar 90th min with Agger the shit cunt.
- Finished 2-2.

Second match disconnected at 0-0 in 25th min.

Prediction

Liverpool Stays laughably irrelevant to anything

Ditto Arsenal

Tothenham finally establish themselves above Arsenal

City Finishes 2nd

United Finishes 3rd

MouGODRhino breaks his old record of 95 points as Chelsea rises to the Heavens winning the treble striking fear and jealousy into the hearts of opposing fans everywhere like the last time he was here.

Edit: Also just want to say how amazing it is that even after leaving the EPL Drog is still making a mockery of Arsenal :D

jtb

Banned
I'm not particularly confident that we're actually going to spend any money.

But on the upside, we've got some really promising youngsters coming through. A chance to give 'em games I guess. at the very least, I'm very curious to see how Zelalem fares in COC games and potentially beyond...

bjaelke

pls, real review:

Game starts, Liverpool v Liverpool.

- He scores 12th min
- I get red card with Gerrard for his shit dive right after
- He scores again
- I score before the half ends
- I score again second half with Coutz.
- I hit the crossbar 90th min with Agger the shit cunt.
- Finished 2-2.

Second match disconnected at 0-0 in 25th min.
Somehow I find myself rooting for Lego.

Barzul

But on the upside, we've got some really promising youngsters coming through. A chance to give 'em games I guess. at the very least, I'm very curious to see how Zelalem fares in COC games and potentially beyond...
Nah I'm very confident we will. Going into this season with our really lightweight squad is insane, even by Wenger's standards. We've lost Gervinho, Chamakh, Arshavin and a bunch of other non essentials. As shit as they were they did provide cover for less important competitions like the Carling Cup.

FuturusX

Arsenal: It's Suarez or nothing and then a bunch of panic buys in January after the inevitable struggle to compete for fourth.

Lightning

Banned

We've sold a lot of players, We will be getting players in but the question is the quality. As it stands we're a Giroud/Walcott/Caorla/Arteta/Kos/Per injury away from disaster. We can't afford ANY injuries with our current squad such is the lack of depth.

bjaelke

You are a supporter of the greatest football team in history. I'm talking, of course, of Tottenham Hotspur.

I watched the game here in Australia when we lost to Arsenal 5-2. It was devastating.

Tell me about it. I'm still in recovery. But is it entirely coincidental that the low-life drug dealers in Phantom wear Arsenal shirts?

Do you know three of my best friends are Arsenal fans.

You have my sympathies.

They keep asking, why couldn't the drug dealers wear Tottenham shirts? I try to tell them, it's because Arsenal shirts are red. It's just because they're more easily spotted in the streets.
Just started reading Phantom (Jo Nesbo). Some wee boy was recruited to the "Arsenal" gang and wanted to wear #23 on his shirt (Arshavin). He ended up getting Bendtner's shirt
KuGsj.gif

Plasma

Banned
Arsenal: It's Suarez or nothing and then a bunch of panic buys in January after the inevitable struggle to compete for fourth.

I'd be surprised if we bought anyone in January, Wenger doesn't like spending money unless he really has to in that window.

Even this year when we needed a striker and a midfielder in January he held off until now and we still haven't bought either of them.

Lightning

Banned
I'd be surprised if we bought anyone in January, Wenger doesn't like spending money unless he really has to in that window.

Even this year when we needed a striker and a midfielder in January he held off until now and we still haven't bought either of them.
He got rid of Santos and brought in the awesome Monreal.

Despite the lack of signings I am happy with how things are going this windoiw. We've shipped out all of the deadwood practically which I didn't think we would be able too. We're starting to get our act together hopefully. Just get 3 or 4 players in of decent quality and we should be good to go.

Arnie

I think at this point in the window you should be at a stage whereby, should the window slam shut tomorrow, you're satisfied with the business you've done. Team's are much less eager to sell their best players at this stage in the window because they can't find replacements, it's a vicious circle.

So essentially you're after dead wood, or people who've already been replaced.

Lightning

Banned
How can Man Utd sell Rooney? Where's the replacement come from? Replacing him with like quality in this wndow will be hard as fuck now.

I'm wasting my time with writing. My friend who was meant to help shoot a short film, that me and a third friend co-wrote, sold his camera to buy drugs (seriously). And now my friend has decided to continue the project with another guy in our circle who I have a mutual hatred with. I don't really want to be that guy who pulls the plug on it because it's a great project so I don't think I'll fight this battle. Don't know how many more of these I can lose though. At least I have university to look forward to but that's if I get in. Even then it's a crapshoot.

Eurrrgh - /rant over.

Why not try and hire/find a real cinematographer?

jtb

Banned
are we seriously looking at Ligue 2 players now? at least Gervinho and Chamakh won Ligue 1 before moving on, and they turned out to be shit. what the fuck are you doing Wenger...

FootballFan

Perez looks like he could be a diamond in the rough to be fair:

BQ6GKJSCUAAHnhR.jpg

No idea who this ligue 2 player is though. He's 27 and never done anything of note. Hey maybe I have a chance Arsene? I once played university national level football and I'd be free. Can I get a trial?

Is he #33 or #35?

jtb

Banned
Perez is like Sanogo and that UAE player we're linked with—young. Presumably with a bit of potential. Wenger can still mold them into capable players, in theory. Low-risk buys, potentially high reward—I've got no problem with that. But Jadeyaoui and the Romanian striker Schalke released we're linked with, they weren't good enough at their old club—why the fuck would they ever be good enough for Arsenal?

On the plus side, they're both left-footed so I think Wenger will only move for one, if he does. And I can only assume they're being brought into the Park role, super-emergency-cover-that-will-never-be-used-anyways. But then, we're about to let go Gervinho, so if this is Wenger's idea of a replacement.... what the fuck.

I really, really wanna play Dota 2.

Only watched one full match played by TotalBiscuit and its taught me a lot about the objectives and basis of the game. Looks really fun

GHG

Perez is like Sanogo and that UAE player we're linked with—young. Presumably with a bit of potential. Wenger can still mold them into capable players, in theory. Low-risk buys, potentially high reward—I've got no problem with that. But Jadeyaoui and the Romanian striker Schalke released we're linked with, they weren't good enough at their old club—why the fuck would they ever be good enough for Arsenal?

On the plus side, they're both left-footed so I think Wenger will only move for one, if he does. And I can only assume they're being brought into the Park role, super-emergency-cover-that-will-never-be-used-anyways. But then, we're about to let go Gervinho, so if this is Wenger's idea of a replacement.... what the fuck.

€8m profit. Makes complete sense.

Plasma

Banned

Yeh Perez seems alright and we've released a lot of youth players this summer so it makes sense.

Taking on a 27 year old from Ligue 2 though is baffling, even more than those rumours last night that we were going to sign Marica.

rodvik

lol Taarabt has gone to Fulham

Him and Berbatov together...unless Jol plays him on the wing they are going to get reamed down the middle, I couldn't name a lazier front two.

Business as usual.

Possibly front 3. Jol is allegedly still in for Bent. I would love it all to happen just so I can see how they would all play together. it would be like a vortex of lazyness.

Nyx

I really, really wanna play Dota 2.

Only watched one full match played by TotalBiscuit and its taught me a lot about the objectives and basis of the game. Looks really fun

It's a lot of fun, but as games usually take 1 hour or more I find it hard to make time for it.

Tobinishi

Perez would be a good signing - a young understudy for Arteta would be perfect - but i still think Ginter would be the better option because he can play CDM AND CB. At least the club recognizes that we need someone in that position.

We still need at least two topclass players (ST and CM) and 2-3 young promising players and the season starts in 1 1/2 weeks. Hard to stay positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom