• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

BQ-W4o-CcAAd6S5.jpg:large

Best player in the world and his student (future best player) in both pics

Beautiful

Meier

Nasty! :( 6 more weeks.. terrible. Hopefully we go ahead sign Rami or some sort of other nicely priced defender. Not interested in Pepe.

Salvadora

All depends on whether his current club is willing to release him or not. Has Arsene finally gone mad? or are Arsenal actually skint?
I would have to imagine so, his Wikipedia entry says he went on a week long trial at Blackburn 4 years ago. An old Ligue 2 player... replacing old deadwood with new, apparently.

The Nigerian Daily Post is also linking us with Ciprian Marica, who I've never even heard of. A 'free agent' he is.
http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/08/05/arsenal-close-to-signing-romanian-international-ciprian-marica/

ShogunX

Well we're not skint so ...

Is it true that Arsenal could get one of PSV Eindhoven, Metalist Kharkiv, Fenerbahçe, Real Sociedad and Paços de Ferreira in the champions league qualifiers?

A couple of potentially tricky games there. Doesn't seem cut and dry that Arsenal are even in the Champions League.

Meier

How many of you actually own and wear your teams kits?

I was talking to some friends of mine and we were discussing if they'd actually have sex with anyone wearing a team shirt.

I think it's most football (American and otherwise) fans' dreams to have sex with a chick who is wearing their team's jersey/kit top. It's pretty sexy.

Hixx

Is Napoli's Gargano any good? Don't really follow Serie A (might have to change as it looks like it will be our go-to shopping centre from now ;o) and the little I do follow... it certainly ain't Napoli.

Plasma

Banned
Is it true that Arsenal could get one of PSV Eindhoven, Metalist Kharkiv, Fenerbahçe, Real Sociedad and Paços de Ferreira in the champions league qualifiers?

A couple of potentially tricky games there. Doesn't seem cut and dry that Arsenal are even in the Champions League.

Some of those teams are tough but I think we'll qualify. We have until Monday to register our squad though so we need to get moving in the transfer market.

Salvadora

Some of those teams are tough but I think we'll qualify. We have until Monday to register our squad though so we need to get moving in the transfer market.
Didn't we have to play Dortmund last time we were in this position? I remember those being tough games.

subtles

Is Napoli's Gargano any good? Don't really follow Serie A (might have to change as it looks like it will be our go-to shopping centre from now ;o) and the little I do follow... it certainly ain't Napoli.

Always thought of him as a dependable player when I saw him play for Napoli/Uruguay, but nothing special. Defensive Midfielder with neat, tidy passes.

Meier

Depends mate......

http://p.twimg.com/A7HlEc8CcAE0mHg.jpg:large[IMG]

She has a sister.....and they both live by me.[/QUOTE]

My god...

[quote="Linius, post: 74975243"][img]http://i.minus.com/ib0BwgK5XAz6OG.gif[img][/QUOTE]

Brilliant.

[quote="confuziz, post: 74975523"][IMG]http://puu.sh/3V5EP.jpg[IMG]

Rekik and Bruma

'The PSV wall'[/QUOTE]

Rekik is a pretty big guy for being 18 but J. Bruma is a monster. Really wish we had Rekik back with the team right now but I'm glad he is going to get a lot of minutes for PSV.

Season ticket sales up all around Serie A so far, compared to this time last year. Looking good.

This season is going to be so great.

Imagine a player like De Jong, but not actually that great at what he does.

Meier

Kun trying to help his old team:
What with being relegated from the top tier of Argentinian football for the first time in their 108-year history last season, starting their first season in Nacional B with a home defeat against lowly Club Atletico Brown on Saturday and struggling to make ends meet financially, Independiente are currently floundering in what is technically referred to as a 'quagmire' at the moment.

Having watched his former side's plight from afar, it's being reported that former Independiente prodigy Sergio Aguero recently offered to lend a hand by proposing that he buy the club five shiny new players (and pay their wages) in a bid to pad the paper-thin squad out. However, the Manchester City man was apparently given nothing but short shrift by the team he originally signed for as a nine-year-old back in 1997.

Speaking at an Independiente fans' forum, the City striker's father, Leonel Aguero, revealed that his son had offered to stump up the cash to bring a quintet of new faces into the club, but that he never received a reply from anyone connected to la Rojo:

"Sergio offered to buy five players and take over their salaries. We asked (Independiente assistant manager) Carlos Squeo for a list of players but we don't know anything because no one called - not Squeo, not (head coach, Miguel Angel) Brindisi.

"There's no leadership. I feel there is a slight against Sergio."
http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/thetoepoke/id/4168?&cc=5901

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom