• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Did Spurs make a profit on Van der Vaart?

I think we more or less got or money back. I suppose his sale was an exception because we did it for personal reasons, it's not normal for us to sell a top player without making some money. However replacing him with Dempsey was...foolish.

Do you honestly think VDV is still world class? You guys sold him on at the right time IMO.

I think he was still a great goalscoring midfielder, so yes. I still don't think we have adequately replaced him, him and Adebayor were an excellent combination.

GHG

I think we more or less got or money back. I suppose his sale was an exception because we did it for personal reasons, it's not normal for us to sell a top player without making some money. However replacing him with Dempsey was...foolish.

I think he was still a great goalscoring midfielder, so yes. I still don't think we have adequately replaced him, him and Adebayor were an excellent combination.

Funnily enough I remember a lot of Spurs fans saying it was a good move selling him and replacing him with Dempsey as he didn't work hard enough and do enough defensive work to be part of your midfield 3. So replacing a technical wizard with a workhorse in an attacking position didn't really work out so well... Funny that.

Slizz

KTKtJLu.gif
YZlZsf4.gif
ZNcq5v3.gif
ca7rwgE.gif
OPn5KiZ.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlmUlCDbTgA
I'd like the whole team to try and break me in half

Arnie

I'm still annoyed at how sparingly Spurs used Gylfi last season. He was a beast at Swansea with regular game time.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm still annoyed at how sparingly Spurs used Gylfi last season. He was a beast at Swansea with regular game time.

Gylfi is a very quiet, modest young man, it took him a long time to settle in. There's a totally different pressure compared to when he was at Swansea.

He'll come good though, I wouldn't get rid of him. He did make 32 appearances in the league last season, although a lot of them were from the bench.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The biggest spenders so far this window:
€146m - AS Monaco
€111m - PSG
€111m - Man City
€79.5m - Napoli
€72.5m - Real Madrid
€62m - Bayern

Man, that girl cries more than the virgin Mary.

She cries so much all the Inter fans have left the thread.

Inter are back to being shit

rod-stewart-crying-celtics-beat-barca-sports-crying-gifs.gif

they are BACK

qindarka

Banned
Ray Wilkins is still very bitter about being sacked from chelsea isn't he?

Eh, he has always seemed pretty positive about us. I know quite a few complained about him being overly biased towards us when doing commentary.

He told Moratti he would return in 2016. I don't think Conte can contain the little Mouro.

Apparently that was a reference to the CL final in 2016 in the San Siro.

OK, I've joined the Footy-GAF league. Going for three in a row...got a bit lucky last year though.

Also these transfer sagas are doing my nut in. I wish the window would close before the season starts.

MPW

The biggest spenders so far this window:
€146m - AS Monaco
€111m - PSG
€111m - Man City
€79.5m - Napoli
€72.5m - Real Madrid
€62m - Bayern

think madrid's net spend is about about 5 m euros

madrid sold callejon, albiol, higuian, pedro leon and negredo (4.4 m from Sevilla's deal with Man City went to RM) ... that's about 65-70 euros right here!

Linius

They sold Cavani for 64m

That's right :p

Was just looking at the seeding and the amount of points all the clubs have for CL. I noticed that only Milan, Arsenal, Oympique Lyon, Zenit St. Petersbrug and Schalke have a better score than us. So for us to stay in the second pot only one of these clubs must qualify :p

So please Nordsjaelland, fuck Zenit up. Grasshopper go!

ShogunX

Have Madrid even made a bid yet? Bale looks like he's staying at Spurs for another year to me. Most of the stuff linking him away has been made up by Marca and other shit media sources.

It's a bit like Suarez to Arsenal in that the media are desperate to see it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom