• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Is Napoli's Gargano any good? Don't really follow Serie A (might have to change as it looks like it will be our go-to shopping centre from now ;o) and the little I do follow... it certainly ain't Napoli.

Imagine a player like De Jong, but not actually that great at what he does.

Nailed it. He's a midfield destroyer more than anything else. Solid, but not good enough for Napoli, Inter or ... the new and improved SAFC, I guess.

Hixx

Always thought of him as a dependable player when I saw him play for Napoli/Uruguay, but nothing special. Defensive Midfielder with neat, tidy passes.

Season ticket sales up all around Serie A so far, compared to this time last year. Looking good.

This season is going to be so great.

Imagine a player like De Jong, but not actually that great at what he does.
Nailed it. He's a midfield destroyer more than anything else. Solid, but not good enough for Napoli, Inter or ... the new and improved SAFC, I guess.

Hmm thanks. Not sure we need another defensively-minded central midfielder.

Linius

Don't be greedy. You've bought Varela and gotten Bebe and Macheda back from loan!

Strange that it took Suarez moving on for Ajax to regain their place at the top.

Can you imagine we didn't won the league with Huntelaar and Suarez in our XI? We had some great goal scorers and they both made it to topscorer in the league. Now we have a team where everyone can score goals and no one actually scores much more than the rest and we win the league three times in a row.

confuziz

Banned
We've been there too not so long a go.

FB4l707.png

This shit is unreal. Twente got so lucky.

I was in the middle of the party on the Oude Markt haha. It's still my hometown right ;)

Linius

I was in the middle of the party on the Oude Markt haha. It's still my hometown right ;)

Well they screwed you guys too by winning the league :p

Well at least we were proper fucked by one point that season with a far superior goal difference as opposed to everyone else that year. You guys finished 7 (?) points behind us last season and lost both the games against us so there's not much to complain really.

The one that hurts the most though...

U9fmazd.png

That final game against Vitesse was unreal.

oh boy, portuguese media reporting Moyes is looking into Jackson Martinez to replace departing Rooney.

bid should be around 40 million €.

Meier

I know an LFC fan was talking about Wabara and his tweets yesterday. Looks like he has joined Doncaster for a month.

If Porto get €40-50m for Jackson after 1 season and plucking him from the obscurity of the Mexican league, then fucking props to them. I've never even done a move that brilliantly when playing as them in FM.

ShogunX

Can you imagine we didn't won the league with Huntelaar and Suarez in our XI? We had some great goal scorers and they both made it to topscorer in the league. Now we have a team where everyone can score goals and no one actually scores much more than the rest and we win the league three times in a row.

I'm kind of hoping we can do the same if Suarez moves on. Build a team who can all contribute rather than relying on one player to do all the scoring. It looks like Rodgers is trying to do that already and it's the one thing giving me a little bit of comfort should we lose our top scorer.

I know an LFC fan was talking about Wabara and his tweets yesterday. Looks like he has joined Doncaster for a month.

If Porto get €40-50m for Jackson after 1 season and plucking him from the obscurity of the Mexican league, then fucking props to them. I've never even done a move that brilliantly when playing as them in FM.

You need to use Genie Scout. It's the king of netting you Porto-esque deals.

It got me this guy -

ARRSTEE.png

Feorax

That was me, I dun goofed. Wonder what he was doing at Melwood then?

I'm kind of hoping we can do the same if Suarez moves on. Build a team who can all contribute rather than relying on one player to do all the scoring. It looks like Rodgers is trying to do that already and it's the one thing giving me a little bit of comfort should we lose our top scorer.

I think we could conceivably do this if Suarez went to Madrid. Not to Arsenal though, that makes things a whole lot more difficult.

ShogunX

You think Porto nets good deals because of their scouts? Porto nets good deals because Benfica has a mole in their scout department who feeds info to Porto.

I think Porto nets good deals because agents identify them as a money spinner. They are an agents dream at the moment - Move your client to Porto and still retain 50% of his rights, watch him tear it up in a weakened league and boom his value triples in the space of a season or two.

Meier

You need to use Genie Scout. It's the king of netting you Porto-esque deals.

It got me this guy -

ARRSTEE.png

I have never used one of the cheat programs in FM.. don't even know how to, frankly. I am all about buying low/selling high though. In my current Sheffield United save, my best move profit wise was getting Agustin Allione (sp) on a free and then flipping him for $40m with a 50% sell-on fee but that took 2.5 years rather than just 1. He was only on about $15k a week for though so it was a particularly good deal. Carlos Fierro was acquired for $15.5m and then sold for $50m/50% sell-on after a few years. Just unloaded Julian Brandt for $22m with a 50% sell-on after getting him for free as well. With Porto, I have sold many players for $60m+ but I've never seen a transfer go above $70m.

dc89

Nintendo Direct tomorrow. Get hype.

GBA Virtual Console on WiiU with Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green?
N64 Virtual Console on Wii U?
Mother 3 finally coming to the west?
WiiU gets gamez?

Tune in to find out.

ShogunX

I have never used one of the cheat programs in FM.

Genie Scout isn't a cheat program. It's just a tool that makes scouting lot more efficient and not as time consuming. It's great to use on the regen dates as it saves you clicking on each individual player to try and find out about his potential.

Do you genuinely like your Wii-U or are you trying to love it to justify wasting money on what looks to be a dead console?

I've thought about getting one a few times but every time I do a new negative article pops up

subtles

GBA Virtual Console on WiiU with Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green?
N64 Virtual Console on Wii U?
Mother 3 finally coming to the west?
WiiU gets gamez?

Tune in to find out.

I thought it was focusing on software for the remainder of the year? You're too hyped.

Lambda_logo.svg

Lambda | 54 Piscium

Brilliant.

ShogunX

Suarez hasn't traveled to Norway for the game against Valerenga.

From the official site -

Rodgers names squad for Norway trip

Brendan Rodgers has named a 21-man squad to face Valerenga in Norway on Wednesday.

Daniel Agger, Martin Skrtel and Glen Johnson will not travel as a precaution after picking up knocks. Luis Suarez will also remain on Merseyside as a precaution following an injury in training yesterday. He will undergo a scan on his foot later today.

The squad in full is: Jones, Enrique, Toure, Alberto, Gerrard, Aspas, Coutinho, Assaidi, Henderson, Coates, Downing, Spearing, Lucas, Mignolet, Allen, Borini, Sterling, Kelly, Flanagan, Ibe, Wisdom.

Razor554

Today 77 years ago, then Barcelona president Josep Sunyol was executed near Madrid by fascist troops of later Spanish dictator Franco.

#RIP

ShogunX

There's not many feelings better than having your hair washed. Fact.

Why not just wash it yourself? Do you get a head massage as well?

A friend of mine(male) goes for a monthly manicure at a local health and beauty shop. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Kinda sad that Seattle dished out more cash this summer than Utd or Arsenal. ;lol

According to a Sounders fan on RAWK the league actually paid for Dempsey and Seattle just pay his wages.

I never understand how players can say this about a big city like Manchester that has 1000's of places to eat. Is he shopping at Farmfoods or some shit? Pretty sure Tevez said the same thing.

I think he misses Japanese food. He said it in a joking manner so it's not something that important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom