• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
BQ_KBFOCIAArOL8.jpg:large
:lol

fuenf

From the Bayern twitter: Official: #Ribéry shortlisted for 2012/13 UEFA Best Player in Europe award! It's between Franck, #Messi & #Ronaldo on August 28

fuenf

Lionel Messi, Franck Ribéry and Cristiano Ronaldo have been shortlisted for the 2012/13 UEFA Best Player in Europe Award.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociati...ssi+ribery+ronaldo+make+best+player+shortlist

In Monaco the journalists will vote live, via an electronic system, for their best player from the shortlist. Positions four to ten are already fixed after each journalist provided a list of their top five players, with the first receiving five points, the second four points and so on:

4 Robert Lewandowski (POL) – Borussia Dortmund (80 points)
5 Arjen Robben (NED) – FC Bayern München (55)
6 Thomas Müller (GER) – FC Bayern München (51)
7 Gareth Bale (WAL) – Tottenham Hotspur FC (48)
8 Bastian Schweinsteiger (GER) – FC Bayern München (34)
9 Zlatan Ibrahimović (SWE) – Paris Saint-Germain FC (27)
10 Robin van Persie (NED) – Manchester United FC (24)

SELL HIM NOW!

I think Kagawa will want out if he has another season like the last. The guy is quality but seems like he was bought mainly as a marketing tool for United.

Meier

This is why he moved.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKFR0HqCEAArDiS.jpg:large[img][/QUOTE]

But he won 2 Bundesliga trophies in a row in the years prior. Hell, if he'd stayed at Dortmund, they very well might have had enough to win the UCL although things could have gone very differently as well.

Wilbur

Banned

But he won 2 Bundesliga trophies in a row in the years prior. Hell, if he'd stayed at Dortmund, they very well might have had enough to win the UCL although things could have gone very differently as well.

what are you even responding to

limited opportunities, played out of position, restored to the bench after impressing.
Hmm, he definitely could have played more but he still did play close to 30 games and was out for about 3 months. He played as #10 too more often than people think, and in some big games. Kagawa wasn't always playing that great, I'm sure he will be better this year and hopefully gets more freedom in the team but it wasn't just a case of him being hard done by, other players were playing better too.

Meier

what are you even responding to

Oops, Timu nailed it. Saw Viva talking about Shinji leaving if he had another season like the last and somehow missed the transition to RVP.

In other news, Juan Agudelo (MLS player, US international) has signed a pre-contract agreement to become a Stoke player on January 1. Could still transfer before then a la Holtby to Spurs.

His motivation for leaving Dortmund wasn't to win trophies, he was already winning them there. He wanted to play for Man United (or one of the worlds more famous clubs) that's why he came.

It's possible he will want to leave, obviously - especially if he is regularly on the bench. I don't see that being the case though especially when Rooney goes.

Btw - Lescott is going to start now that Nasty is out?

Salvadora

Gervinho started training with Roma today
I wonder who the club will get to replace him as he played a rather big role in our last campaign.

Bernard has been posting pictures of himself at the London Hilton on Instagram. Could mean anything, though. Most likely waiting for a flight back to Brazil. Reckon we would have heard something if Arsene had rekindled his interest.

GHG

I wonder who the club will get to replace him as he played a rather big role in our last campaign.

Bernard has been posting pictures of himself at the London Hilton on Instagram. Could mean anything, though. Most likely waiting for a flight back to Brazil. Reckon we would have heard something if Arsene had rekindled his interest.

Yeh about that...:

Sánto ‏@Zizouology 42m
NOTE: Bernard arrived at London for connection flight to Ukraine to meet Shakhtar representatives and NOT to sign for Arsenal or Spurs.

Meier

Btw - Lescott is going to start now that Nasty is out?

Seems like we have no other option at this point. Boyata will likely never be anything but a fringe player so I can't see him starting ahead of Lescott. Richards isn't good enough as a CB unless there are no other options. I know there had been some rumors about Lescott signing a 1-year extension even before the injury but we'll see.

It will all hinge on whether we sign a new player. I think even if we do, Lescott could get the first start to allow the new guy to gel with the back 4.

For you Meier: we've sent Luka Djordjevic on loan to Twente.

Seems like a good move for both parties. Eredivisie is obviously a good move for a young striker to get experience.

I'm going to be really pissed if Ribery wins this. Great player but he didn't even really stand out in this Bayern team. And with his temper/acting like a cunt he should definately stand out, like a lot, to be a worthy winner. I mean, come on, he could have/should have been sent off in the CL final and could have cost Bayern the title. That's no Ballon d'Or winner for me.

That said, Messi is probably going to win it again and they just named Ribery because they needed someone of this Bayern side.

Lightning

Banned

We didn't even bid for him.

I'm going to be really pissed if Ribery wins this. Great player but he didn't even really stand out in this Bayern team. And with his temper/acting like a cunt he should definately stand out, like a lot, to be a worthy winner. I mean, come on, he could have/should have been sent off in the CL final and could have cost Bayern the title. That's no Ballon d'Or winner for me.
Ribery won't win. Messi will win it.

Feorax

Couple of journos saying on Twitter that this is appears to be a legit injury and Suarez really is going for a scan.

I don't doubt the injury is legit. I also don't doubt that he's been sulking and moaning for a while now, and we need to consider, if he's going to be a cunt, whether it's better to get full whack (or close to) and sell to Arsenal, or offer Madrid a cut price deal to get rid of the fucker ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom