• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Pulis' outfit. I can't breathe. It's literally the opposite of what you'd expect :lol :lol :lol :lol

wDLthFo.jpg
QPR, the true gentleman's club.
i thought the little tiffs between spurs and liverpool fans recently were funny but arsenal and liverpool fans throwing shit over this move should be gold
Feel like things have got quite heated in here recently between the two sets of fans.

We need a detente to realise the true enemy to both of our ambitions for the time being, Spurs.

Our interest in Costa pretty much confirmed we'll be looking for a striker to replace Suarez.

Doesn;t exactly have a great goalscoring record, and is quite open with his preference for drifting inside rather than playing bona fide up front

Three good strikers for one position seems fine, considering you have Yesil in the reserves as well (he's a striker right?). You're only playing 1 up front, you don't need more than 3.

altho costa

Aspas has a big question mark over his head, Borini won't work out for us and Yesil is too young and untested. Even Sturridge may yet fall to pieces

On a more positive note, Downing looks like he may be going to Newcastle.

Think it's a good signing for Newcastle and a decent price at £5m.

Would improve their squad. Think he'll do better away from the expectations of Liverpool too.

Kinnear finally getting to work.

Feorax

Doesn;t exactly have a great goalscoring record, and is quite open with his preference for drifting inside rather than playing bona fide up front

I mean that we were looking to bring in a wide player regardless of what Suarez was doing. That suggests that wide/no. 10 wasn't where Suarez was going to play this year.

FWIW, I suspect we intend to use Aspas wide right.

Randdalf

Pulis' outfit. I can't breathe. It's literally the opposite of what you'd expect :lol :lol :lol :lol

wDLthFo.jpg

Both ex-Pompey managers. I seem to remember that Pulis was gotten rid of fairly quickly, then we brought in Steve Claridge as manager which was also brief didn't work out very well either. Then it was Graham Rix after that, and then Harry.

edit: Didn't know that Pulis was Harry's assistant at Bournemouth. In fact, Harry even signed him once, :lol.

Feorax

Question for Arsenal fans.

If he makes a racist remark or bites a player next season, would you stand by him?

Personally, I would advise not to.

Yen

I mean that we were looking to bring in a wide player regardless of what Suarez was doing. That suggests that wide/no. 10 wasn't where Suarez was going to play this year.

FWIW, I suspect we intend to use Aspas wide right.

Why? He's been a striker all pre-season. Think as it stands, Sterling is our Right Forward.

Feorax

anyone else really excited to hear Liverpool's response to this

We responded before the articles even went up. JWH did an interview in the Daily Mail saying he's not for sale.

I really wouldn't be so pissed off if it wasn't for all the lies and utter hypocrisy. Broken promises? What about the promise you made to Kenny to shake Evra's hand?!

Utter bellwhiff...

Why? He's been a striker all pre-season. Think as it stands, Sterling is our Right Forward.

Sterling I think will be more protected this season.

I think Sturridge is our main man up top. I'm not sure why, but it really seems to me that Aspas is just filling that spot for him up front.

We responded before the articles even went up. JWH did an interview in the Daily Mail saying he's not for sale.

I really wouldn't be so pissed off if it wasn't for all the lies and utter hypocrisy. Broken promises? What about the promise you made to Kenny to shake Evra's hand?!

Utter bellwhiff...

Yep.

Puts paid to the 'he acts like a cunt on the pitch sure, but he's a lovely guy off of it' rhetoric

Seems like an all-round bellend to me

mil6es

God if he stays the pain of his first match back will be a joy to watch, Liverpool fans can be a grumpy lot when we want to be

Would someone here be willing to make a thread on my behalf? I need to ask GAF to design me a personal card - and yes, it will be paid work (the card that is, not the thread lol). PM me if you're willing so I can pass on the details

Man Jesper Blomvquist was awesome.

It is odd that in the Premiership era we've essentially had 3 left wingers. Sharpe, Giggs and Blomvquist. Fergie never seemed to like that part of the pitch. It was either Nani or someone out of position for the last 5 years or so.

Off to Galway in the morning to hopefully win thousands of euro, good luck me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom