• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

subtles

Liverpool must be ruthless on it's way to the top. We must walk on after every game and never look back. We need to field the 11 most Arrogant players we can find and destroy the opposition.

Clean up with 12 minutes to spare.

tumblr_m732czSXzc1qasjjbo1_500.gif

You'll Never Walk Alone

Empty

honigstein seems to think fellaini signing is imminent on his twitter

i'd be happy

#edwoodwardsmasterplaninaction

Wilbur

Banned
Agree. It's been a very bad window, coupled with a shit pre-season.

To make it worse, that clown Piers Morgan is getting excited about Suarez. Thinks he'll lead them to trophies lol.

Not too fussed about pre-season results, but the fact that even if we do sign players, they won't have acclimatised to the surroundings until probably late September fucking blows. City have done some brilliant business early.

I'm assuming the promises were not given in written form, otherwise this drama would probably be over already. I'm also stupid enough to give Suarez the benefit of the doubt of not (completely) lying his ass off.

I think it's a lesson players should learn. Don't join shit clubs (or sign new contracts) if you ever want to leave.

Why on earth would any neutral give Suarez the benefit of the doubt? It was hard enough being on his side as a Liverpool fan when he was cunting it up week-in week-out, I see no reason whatsoever to believe his version of events. The paperwork seems to back that up as well.

"Hey, if you ever want to leave here don't sign a contract because otherwise we'll screw you over."

Yeah, good luck with that attitude. Shitty way to treat your players, even if it's a cunt like Suarez. Of course that is assuming Suarez is speaking the truth, which - admittedly - is not given.

Nonetheless I find this whole drama around him not worthy of a (once) great club like Liverpool.

That's ridiculous. Are you serious? If you want the right to leave in year X for the price of Y if Z happens, then fucking sign a contract with a release clause. No, it's not your right to leave, even if someone promises this to you. That's why you signed a fucking contract, sounds crazy, right?

Stuff changes quickly in football, a "promise" doesn't mean shit and any player that doesn't put it on paper is an idiot. Let's say you get the "promise" from the manager and he's gone next season. Yeah, the new one will laugh in your face.

K1LLER7

Not too fussed about pre-season results, but the fact that even if we do sign players, they won't have acclimatised to the surroundings until probably late September fucking blows. City have done some brilliant business early.

World class players, also those accustomed to the PL will settle much quicker. Similar to RVP.

Others could be like Kagawa and take a while.

Fellani would settle quickly imo. Cesc would too since he's played with RVP before. But that move's not looking very likely.

Feorax

Because it's much more entertaining to assume he's not lying. Either way, drama like this is annoying. As with Mkhitaryan, it seems you gotta be ruthless if you want to leave, which is unfortunate.

If a player is so desperate to leave, let him go. You'd get a shit ton of money, it could be worse.

And in turn, we should be absolutely ruthless in making sure we get the best deal possible for us.

If we can't get the money we want, stick him in the reserves and give away his squad number. Let's see how much he wants to rebel when he faces the prospect of no first team football until January in a World Cup season.

Wilbur

Banned
World class players, also those accustomed to the PL will settle much quicker. Similar to RVP.

Others could be like Kagawa and take a while.

Fellani would settle quickly imo. Cesc would too since he's played with RVP before. But that move's not looking very likely.

Fellaini will be fine. Just because he doesn't play for Bayern, Barca or Madrid doesn't mean he isn't good. I want him if we can get him for 25m or under.

Then pls, 40m bid for Modric or Gundogan. Likely the latter would turn us down but I'd like to see it anyway. Modric... think it could happen if we bid. Debatable though.

Just give up on Fabregas. It's embarrassing for Moyes even though its certainly not his fault.

So, is Rooney leaving United for Chelsea?

If he makes an official transfer request and they bid at least 30m, I could see it

Feorax

Stuff changes quickly in football, a "promise" doesn't mean shit and any player that doesn't put it on paper is an idiot. Let's say you get the "promise" from the manager and he's gone next season. Yeah, the new one will laugh in your face.

We have a precedent here. See Raul Meireles.

Because it's much more entertaining to assume he's not lying. Either way, drama like this is annoying. As with Mkhitaryan, it seems you gotta be ruthless if you want to leave, which is unfortunate.

If a player is so desperate to leave, let him go. You'd get a shit ton of money, it could be worse.

I'm fucking baffled by your views on that stuff. Would you like be okay if Schwein wanted to leave? Just let him go? Don't be silly.

Hixx

McClean to Wigan? Alan Nixon story but fingers crossed... wonder if we'd go back for Mavrias if he does go.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Diving is a moral oblitagion, when the other team is Merda.

Seriously. Where's that .gif of the pen he scored against ... argh, I don't remember which team it was. A couple of months ago. Yurtnik?

iBqTeEDdDIKTv.gif

Edit: Beaten by a new member! Welcome :p

Feorax

I was gonna mention that, but that was down to an ownership change rather than a managerial one.

I trust that Meireles was being truthful though unlike Suarez, and his version of events was not publicly denied.

It's the same ownership who will make the final decision here though, and they've proven they don't give a shit about players kicking off.

Salvadora

If he actually would be sold to Arsenal, they match valuation and yada yada. Could we not in a game with them when he's playing say that he said something racist etc, do whatever we could to push him out of control. I mean it should be possible, and why the hell not.
Wow, this is from RAWK.

It's the same ownership who will make the final decision here though, and they've proven they don't give a shit about players kicking off.

I wonder if FSG have the money, and the bollocks, to have Suarez rot in the wilderness if he acts up

(Fuck putting negative influences in the reserves)

I wouldn't like it, but I would accept it. I didn't like it when Hargreaves wanted to leave, but I was glad we didn't screw him over.

I really don't get it, I guess it's kinda noble of you lol

Someone wants to leave early and the club isn't willing to sell, the one thing I'm thinking of is that the player is fucking over my club. Fuck the player, I want him to be fucked over here.

Look at Götze, I fucking hate him for it, but he didn't act stupidly. "Release clause or I will not sign a new contract", signs it, leaves. Worked like a charm for him, well, to get the move done, we'll see about the rest later.

K1LLER7

Fellaini will be fine. Just because he doesn't play for Bayern, Barca or Madrid doesn't mean he isn't good. I want him if we can get him for 25m or under.

Then pls, 40m bid for Modric or Gundogan. Likely the latter would turn us down but I'd like to see it anyway. Modric... think it could happen if we bid. Debatable though.

Just give up on Fabregas. It's embarrassing for Moyes even though its certainly not his fault.

If he makes an official transfer request and they bid at least 30m, I could see it

We'd have a better chance of signing Khedira lol

This guy on Talksport loooooooooool

Torres to Liverpool. Liverpool to finish Top 4 LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom