• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We know what we told and promised you and we know you're too good for us, but fuck it. This is business, not sports. We're a fucking company, we have to think about our profits, we have to set a good example to our fans that at the end of the day words are winds and only lawyers matter."
How did you arrive at that?

Because that's complete bollocks.

At what point does the Suarez thing become detrimental to Liverpool?

Getting close to it for now.
On the brink now.

Same with Rooney, actually that has already gone past that point probably.

"We know what we told and promised you and we know you're too good for us, but fuck it. This is business, not sports. We're a fucking company, we have to think about our profits, we have to set a good example to our fans that at the end of the day words are winds and only lawyers matter."

What a load of shite

a) The 'promise' is Suarez's word against Rodgers'
b) Its business and sport. If we want to catch Arsenal, we want to keep Suarez. Same goes for Lewandowski and you.

Splatt

DdYFrk8.jpg

Then call yourself "The Liverpool company". Your motto could be "If you're a fan you might as well cheer for Costco". Most contracts don't have release clauses, but many clubs are reasonable enough to let a player go in such a case.

He shouldn't have signed the new contract last summer then. Simple as that.

Your annoyance at Dortmund's branding of 'the people's club' has clouded your brain.

K1LLER7

Rooney - Suarez swap.

Reporter: Can't you say if there will be a 3rd bid for Fabregas?

Moyes: You're right can't say anything about it.

Moyes what are you up to???

Wilbur

Banned
Rooney - Suarez swap.

Reporter: Can't you say if there will be a 3rd bid for Fabregas?

Moyes: You're right can't say anything about it.

Moyes what are you up to???

I'm genuinely fucking angry when I think about it, nice that this Suarez business gives us something else to talk about. Club's let us down massively so far.

Clegg

Apparently we're letting/have let Fellaini's buyout clause expire coz we don't value him at £23m. But now he's one of the only decent targets we have left and there's less than a month left before the window shuts.

No way we get him cheaper than his release clause. Also makes a mockery of the £100m budget we were said to have.

ShogunX

Then call yourself "The Liverpool company". Your motto could be "If you're a fan you might as well cheer for Costco". Most contracts don't have release clauses, but many clubs are reasonable enough to let a player go in such a case.

Footy-Gaf at it's very worst.

The club should always come first and unless you have seen a copy of Suarez' contract you have no idea what promises have been made.

I hope Liverpool fucks this season up.

Crying "But but but they told me I could leave" in the press is the biggest shit in modern football. Who knows what those cunts understand with their broken English (or German with Lewandowski)... I very much doubt any club official would say "You can leave FOR SURE if/when/next season/whatever".

pulga

Banned
I'd rather root for Barca now. I've rooted for Madrid in the past because Ronaldo and Ozil were on the team, but no more. Plug and MPW insulting the great Fergus was the last straw.

I generally think of Pulga as Arnold and Danny Devito in Twins. The Madrid side of him is the crap that was left over to create that Pulga, and the great side is Arnold/Juve Pulga.

The fuck are you on about lolololololol

And Ive never insulted Fergie. In fact, Im a firm believer in #NoSAFnoParty

Wilbur

Banned
If players aren't willing to stay for 5 years they shouldn't sign contracts for 5 years.

If circumstances change, and they feel they have to move, they should a) do it in house or b) hand in an official request, instead of manipulating media and spewing bullshit.

Suarez is a cunt, Lewandowski is a cunt. There's wanting to leave the club (and in Suarez's case for sure there is acceptable reasons), but then there's ways of going about leaving the club. And these players are going about it the wrong way.

K1LLER7

I'm genuinely fucking angry when I think about it, nice that this Suarez business gives us something else to talk about. Club's let us down massively so far.

Agree. It's been a very bad window, coupled with a shit pre-season.

To make it worse, that clown Piers Morgan is getting excited about Suarez. Thinks he'll lead them to trophies lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom