• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Im not knowledgeable about this stuff but is there precedent for either the premier league enforcing or aiding a transfer, or for a club holding a player and the player refusing to play?

WHY THE FUCK DO LIVERPOOL FANS KEEP WANTING TORRES BACK

"Get rid of Suarez so we can do something with the money, like buying Torres"

Fucking hell

Salvadora

Buy English
p0QHO.gif

K1LLER7

"Don't buy Suarez buy Rooney.

He's better suited and will work with Arsenal.

It'll be good because they all play for England and Arsenal need English players."

He forgets that England are shit lol

They can take Young

I'd happily take Torres back for £15m with a wage decrease. In his current form he's good enough to be second-choice at least, and there's a chance he could adapt to his loss of pace, rediscover the joy of playing football and regain a semblance of form.

No chance he'd go for it though

ShogunX

I'd happily take Torres back for £15m with a wage decrease. In his current form he's good enough to be second-choice at least, and there's a chance he could adapt to his loss of pace, rediscover the joy of playing football and regain a semblance of form.

No chance he'd go for it though

No chance we would either so give it a miss. It's embarrassing.

Is that Saul Goodman in your avatar?

I genuinely think there's still a good player somewhere in Torres, its stuck behind his ridiculously fragile and moody mentality though

No it's Bob Odernkirk but yes.
Someday Torres WILL be back. Though I think he might have to shave his head and grow a beard and get tattoos and be 34 when that happens.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
I've been resigned to Suarez leaving, but this doesn't look good for the club. This should have been handled correctly and internally, that it has come to this point, is a disaster for Liverpool.

As much as we can't afford to let Suarez leave, we definitely can't let this fester any longer. I wish we could play hardball in this matter, but it would do to much damage long term.

Salvadora

I've been resigned to Suarez leaving, but this doesn't look good for the club. This should have been handled correctly and internally, that it has come to this point, is a disaster for Liverpool.

As much as we can't afford to let Suarez leave, we definitely can't let this fester any longer. I wish we could play hardball in this matter, but it would do to much damage long term.
Liverpool fan from Darby on Talksport is saying that Suarez is destroying Liverpool Football Club.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Probably. Still, without proper wingers we're going nowhere in Europe. Fucking 3-5-2, I hate you with a passion.
In theory a 4-3-2-1 could work with Vucinic/Gio-Llorente-Tevez. But Mirko, god bless him, never tracks back for more than three steps.

Feorax

You can bet your ass that if Real, Barca or Bayern had come in with a £40 million offer, we'd have done the deal and everyone would be happy.

As it is, only Arsenal, a direct competitor for CL football, want him, and they're offering well below our valuation. What exactly would you have the club do?

ShogunX

It has been handled correctly. We've had the same position from day one that he is not for sale unless our valuation is met. We are certain there is no clauses in his contract and are acting accordingly.

The only time you can have a go at the club is if this contract stuff is actually in Suarez' favour. It's our word against his, for now I'm with the club and you should be too.

K1LLER7

How was the play in the United friendly today?

Struggled to dominate, Midfield still looks weak. Surprised we've played 4-3-3 quite often under Moyes.

Ando looks fit for a change. Nani looked good but got injured. Evans too. Vidic back, played the full game. He's made a difference in defence. Hope we can keep him fit all season.

Zaha has been our best player this pre-season imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom