• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

MK Dons at home in the League Cup.
wtzgU.gif

GHG

Gold Member
People need to stop blaming Moyes for our failures in the transfer market. He has hardly any control over our transfers.

He mostly handed in a list of players he would like and Woodwards been on it since then and has failed miserably. Woodwards should have moved faster with Thiago deal and he should never have taken Cesc serisously as he would never leave Barca right when he has chance to get the maximum playtime.

If this is the case then he should stop talking about his transfer targets so openly as it only means that he becomes the fall guy when you guys miss out. There's a lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes in transfer windows that people never hear about (failed bids, failed negotiations, etc), the only way stuff gets out is if a manager/club confirms it or if it leaks (papers also get lucky from time to time).

Basically, he needs to take the less is more approach in his press conferences. Its a big contrast to when you had red nose in charge. He would keep his cards close to his chest more often than not.

I've got to say, GHG, you've not come off as a remotely intelligent human being in your futbol-GAF posting career to date.

Mindreader shite in particular.

Touché darling, touché.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Looks like Capoue won't join us until next week because Toulose want him for their first match of the season.

Ah well, we'll just have to play Paulinho instead.

pappe

They just joined Spurs you fruit.

Which is in a club in a much much much better position to challenge for the UCL spots and actually have Europa league football and whose owner is actually showing signs of aggression and ambition. Which makes it a much attractive proposition as compared to Liverpools.

Which is obvious to everyone except some people wearing Liverpool-red tinted glasses.

rvy

Banned
Which is in a club in a much much much better position to challenge for the UCL spots and actually have Europa league football and whose owner is actually showing signs of aggression and ambition. Which makes it a much attractive proposition as compared to Liverpools.

Which is obvious to everyone except some people wearing Liverpool-red tinted glasses.

pappe is not amused.

Ushojax

So Bernard is officially a Shaktar player, the list of Bale replacements is getting awfully short.

K1LLER7

Thankfully that Cesc saga is over with.

Now Woodward needs to move on to players that might actually be likely to leave. Modric will never leave this season, a bid for him would be futile imo

Irminsul

Swansea hit a bit of a rough patch in the mid 90s.
How the hell can you be manager for ten minutes?

In Germany, a manager was fired in a game at half-time once. The club's owner said something about "You're destroying my club, you wanker! Piss off!" (works even better in the original Cologne dialect).

Scum

They just joined Spurs you fruit.

Nice to see Dino Dave taking managerial tips from Brendan and throwing the fat mess in with Adnan for some reserve team conditioning.

Also, I take it Real won last night? What was the score?
Finished 3-1. Fake Ronaldo bagged a brace.

So Bernard is officially a Shaktar player, the list of Bale replacements is getting awfully short.

How about Bale as a replacement? :p

Ushojax

Will.I.An

He'd be great but there will be other clubs in for him. It does seem like he wants to come to England, but City need a Scott Sinclair replacement. Whenever we're talking about a £25m player just assume they won't join us.

He'd be great but there will be other clubs in for him. It does seem like he wants to come to England, but City need a Scott Sinclair replacement. Whenever we're talking about a £25m player just assume they won't join us.

I still don't see us selling him this summer anyway, I think the Madrid and Suarez links could grow stronger and something will happen there.

If he does, I'm sure we'd go for Lamela/Willian as the replacement. Or Downing.

Yen

Rodgers' "a lot of bridges to cross" before Suarez could play for Liverpool again was a bit of slippery cowardice, too.
Saying "he'll never play again" wouldn't help us in trying to get rid of Suarez, would weaken our hand quite a bit.

faridmon

Iid Mubaraka.

To celebrate, I have acquired few new albums. To be specific; Howlin by Jagwar Ma, Wake Up by Youngblood Hawke, Evil Friends and Taion no Yukue by this Japanese band called Ningen OK.

All of them; fatastic albums, 2013 have been an amazing year for music. The best as far as I remember.

Razor554

1375911794306.jpg

January…February … March … April … May …June: “Hey, how much is Thiago Silva? There’s no way you’re selling him … okay, bye” … July … August: Hey, we’ll give you 25 million for David Luiz … are you laughing?”

This is fucking priceless. Zubi pls get a grip

Iid Mubaraka.

To celebrate, I have acquired few new albums. To be specific; Howlin by Jagwar Ma, Wake Up by Youngblood Hawke, Evil Friends and Taion no Yukue by this Japanese band called Ningen OK.

All of them; fatastic albums, 2013 have been an amazing year for music. The best as far as I remember.

Fellainis pls

Schweinsteiger isn't nominated for the national team. It's the 11th friendly in a row he misses because of "injuries", not being fit and other cheap excuses.

What a mug, the guy is a disgrace. #TeamIlkay

Salazar

Iid Mubaraka.

Get Alela Diane's "About Farewell".

ra'vel ‏@morrisonravel 8m
my official number for west ham will be number 15 and the name on my shirt will be Ravel

Cock.

Arnie

Rodgers' "a lot of bridges to cross" before Suarez could play for Liverpool again was a bit of slippery cowardice, too.
a) he's not going to declare him forever banished

And

b) if that's 'slippery cowardice' then Ferguson is football's Peter Pettigrew, taking Rooney back twice

faridmon

Get Alela Diane's "About Farewell".

Hmm, never heard of her. Looking at Wiki, she seems to be around for quite some time. Will listen to her music on Youtube first and see if its up to my ally.

EDIT: Holy Shit at the reviews, hot damn!

I still have a lot albums to get, bloody hell this year is crazy

spidye

Schweinsteiger isn't nominated for the national team. It's the 11th friendly in a row he misses because of "injuries", not being fit and other cheap excuses.

What a mug, the guy is a disgrace. #TeamIlkay

I agree. Gündogan should play. friendlies are the perfect way for the B-team to show themselves.
now it's ilkay's time

#ENG squad: Foster Hart Ruddy; Baines Cahill Cole Jagielka Johnson Jones Smalling Walker; Carrick Cleverley Gerrard Lampard Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain Walcott Wilshere Young Zaha; Defoe Lambert Rooney Welbeck

Nope.

I agree. Gündogan should play. friendlies are the perfect way for the B-team to show themselves.
now it's ilkay's time

Gündogan is a better player than Schweinsteiger and I'm dead serious. He's better in like everything, okay, maybe not better in being a pussy, Schweini wins there.

pappe

Now you know how we felt when Moyez was our caretaker.
Now, expect 2 signings in the last day. 1 panic buy and 1 that turns out to be great.

Fellaini who would be great and Osman who would be a panic buy.

It will be the other way around most probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom