• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I just know we'll win The Treble this season. Ozil, Isco and Modric are majestic - add Marcelo and Cristiano to the mix, wonderful.

Hixx

#ENG squad: Foster Hart Ruddy; Baines Cahill Cole Jagielka Johnson Jones Smalling Walker; Carrick Cleverley Gerrard Lampard Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain Walcott Wilshere Young Zaha; Defoe Lambert Rooney Welbeck

Nope.

why

If the bolded didn't play for Man United and Arsenal they wouldn't get called up.

spidye

Gündogan is a better player than Schweinsteiger and I'm dead serious. He's better in like everything, okay, maybe not better in being a pussy, Schweini wins there.

I'm sure you're serious. but schweini was just recently chosen as the best player in the league and even if you don't like him he's still better than Gündogan for now

maybe in 2 or 3 years

England U21s

BRJVoVqCQAEsKfe.jpg:large

That's a promising striker future there.

faridmon

John Stones played unbelievably well against Juventus (including that cheeky penalty kick woof!) so it will be interesting if he gets picked.

The whole "we're Man United" thing has made Moyes think irrationally when it comes to targeting players. Its made him unrealistic and has made him think he can just get any player he wants. I have to say, he's not shown himself to be a very intelligent man thus far in his Man United tenure.

I think questioning his intelligence is unwarranted and way out of line.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I think questioning his intelligence is unwarranted and way out of line.

Im as worried as the next man but there is indeed no need to get personal with this, especially since we dont know half of the story behind Thiago/Cesc approach, we are all clutching at straws. United have missed out on countless players over the years but this time its alot more public, and to this end I think it is a learning curve for Moyes, but im sure he will come through. I have faith in the long term, I really do, but short term its not looking great for THIS season, but I have full faith the ship will be settled and well be challenging again, if not this then the next season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
PAVEL NEDVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

Pavel Nedved has hit back at Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri’s jibe that Juventus need to get a sense of humour.

“I’m always calm,” Allegri said in an interview with the Gazzetta dello Sport yesterday. “It's just that Juve took one or two of my jokes a little too seriously.

“Someone over there should study humour. I'm lucky enough to be from Livorno. Humour comes naturally to me.”

Bianconero director Nedved clearly wasn’t too amused by the suggestions of the former Cagliari tactician.

“Our creed here is to be winners, not be nice,” the former Juventus and Czech Republic midfielder told Sport Mediaset.

“We take everything seriously here,” he added. “Being seen as pleasant is not our aim, being successful is.”

pavel-nedved-04.jpg

I'm sure you're serious. but schweini was just recently chosen as the best player in the league and even if you don't like him he's still better than Gündogan for now

maybe in 2 or 3 years

I'm not saying Schweini doesn't deserve that award but honestly, it was more of a "Well, some Bayern player must win this, everyone will be okay with Schweini" thing. It doesn't really mean much.

Doesn't especially mean he's a better player. And Gündogan had a harder time with BVB than Schweini with Bayern. Some more matches won by BVB or lost by Bayern and the ratings would have been different. All the abilities that matter for a CM/DM, Gündogan is better at them. The only thing in which Schweni is better is shooting/scoring but I like to believe Gündogan has improved a lot there after this pre-season.

K1LLER7

"Apparently, Rooney asked 2 train with Utd ressys 2day as 1st team were doing light session ahead of Rio F testimonial and he wanted full one."

Hmm. Still think he's off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom