• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

lol

Tc91

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 5m
Cesc: "My dream has always been to play at Barça and nothing has changed. I'm very, very happy here and I never thought about leaving."

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 2m
Cesc: "I never had any doubt. It has cost me a lot to return to Barça and now I want to triumph here." #fcblive

Well that's that.

Fellaini time.

pappe

Rooney swap deal for Suarez.

evra.jpg

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 5m
Cesc: "My dream has always been to play at Barça and nothing has changed. I'm very, very happy here and I never thought about leaving."

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 2m
Cesc: "I never had any doubt. It has cost me a lot to return to Barça and now I want to triumph here." #fcblive

evra.jpg

GHG

Gold Member
I'm rather disappointed for Cesc that he didn't get a new contract out of it. Being massively underpaid considering his talent.

What on earth are you basing this on? And not all Footballers are motivated by just money. If he was he would have stayed at Arsenal as he was earning more money when he was here.

Walshy

Kind of wish Liverpool would go for the players Spurs are targeting.

Soldado, Willian, Copoue and Paulinho are all the types of players Liverpool should go for.

pappe

We are not signing anyone. The bids for Cesc, Thiago, Fellaini and Baines are undervalued on purpose so Woodward and Glazers can later shrug their shoulders and say,"Hey! We tried!"

pappe

Soldado, Willian, Copoue and Paulinho are all the types of players Liverpool should go for.

But they are also the players who will never sign for Liverpool as they want to play in Europe and at a higher standard than Liverpool are playing at currently.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
We are not signing anyone. The bids for Cesc, Thiago, Fellaini and Baines are undervalued on purpose so Woodward and Glazers can later shrug their shoulders and say,"Hey! We tried!"

Dont give up, our fourth bid will change his mind, im still waiting for a note to be passed to cesc and him to walk out immediately citing "new developments"

GHG

Gold Member

As much as I hate to say it but what do you guys have to offer over Spurs exactly? Why would they want to go to you?

To try and claw up to 4th you guys are going to need to rely on solid squad harmony (good luck with that one while Suarez is around) and a set of tactics that play to your strengths and make you difficult to beat. Much like Everton had in 2004/05 when they broke into the top 4.

dc89

My advice to Woodward. Go home.

No seriously. Avoid Fellani. You will massively overpay. Go and get Pogba back, or get M'Vila or something.

Walshy

But they are also the players who will never sign for Liverpool as they want to play in Europe and at a higher standard than Liverpool are playing at currently.
Spurs are not in the Champions League and players don't join clubs for Europa League football.

There is no reason why we cannot target them players. The obvious drawback is the location, players would rather live in London than Liverpool.

Showaddy

Spurs are not in the Champions League and players don't join clubs for Europa League football.

There is no reason why we cannot target them players. The obvious drawback is the location, players would rather live in London than Liverpool.

Also working with AVB is probably more attractive to foreign players than Rogers. Having a very good director of football in Baldini is helping our transfers as well.

GHG

Gold Member

Most players would prefer some form of European football to no European football. Plus, Spurs are VERY close to us and if we don't make any solid additions and they somehow manager to keep Bale (and keep him happy/playing) then I will be seriously worried about them next year. The only way you guys can attract top players is if you were to be able to offer big money like Monaco can (and Man City/PSG did in their early days).

BILD are saying that its between us and Chelsea for Luiz Gustavo, apparently up to the player to decide now. Would be a good addition if we can get him.

Tc91

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 7m
Cesc: "It's an honour United makes two bids, but there have been no talks. I didn't talk with any club since I joined Barça two years ago."

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 3m
Cesc: "I've always felt valued by the club. Everyone told me they count on me, I never got any sign that made me think otherwise."

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 1m
Cesc: "I didn't have to clear up anything, because for me it was clear I wanted to stay. I told the club I'd talk when it was my turn."

So we've wasted 2 months trying to sign Thiago and Cesc.

#basedwoodward

Walshy

Also working with AVB is probably more attractive to foreign players than Rogers. Having a very good director of football in Baldini is helping our transfers as well.
I'd agree with that aswell. Spurs are structured a lot better than Liverpool when you compare. They've had a brilliant wage scheme for years for example in comparison to Liverpool whom have just recently been adapting it amist the fallout from the Hicks and Gillete ownership.

GHG

Gold Member
So we've wasted 2 months trying to sign Thiago and Cesc.

#basedwoodward

The whole "we're Man United" thing has made Moyes think irrationally when it comes to targeting players. Its made him unrealistic and has made him think he can just get any player he wants. I have to say, he's not shown himself to be a very intelligent man thus far in his Man United tenure.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Obviously Fabregas didn't consider joining United - which explains why he waited three weeks to say it.

Feorax

Also, lol at Suarez. Why does he think inviting a Marca of all papers to his house for an interview will help his cause?

He's so fucked at this point.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I don't know why you guys got your hopes up for Cesc, Thiago imo looked a lot more likely than Cesc ever did.

Salazar

Obviously Fabregas didn't consider joining United - which explains why he waited three weeks to say it.

Pisstake.

Hilarious how these players have their agents jog all over the place and then they front up, beaming, and say they dunno nuffink about any transfer.

L1NETT

United always bid low first and then increase from there, so all this crazy conspiracy just bidding to please the fans is hilarious, do keep it up.

You bid £12m initally for RVP for pity's sake.

You bid for Cesc twice, nothing wrong with that. He says he doesn't want to move, fair enough. Everyone moves on. Do some of you mugs think United actually never wanted to sign Cesc and it was just for show? Lol.

GHG

Gold Member
Also, lol at Suarez. Why does he think inviting a Marca of all papers to his house for an interview will help his cause?

Because he wants Madrid more than anything else. I'm convinced at this stage that him and his agent are just using Arsenals interest to try and get another big club across Europe to take note and bid for him. We are his last resort. If this wasn't the case he would have just handed in a transfer request ages ago instead of going public with this bullshit sob story.

I just Wish Arsene would move on to some other targets.

pappe

The whole "we're Man United" thing has made Moyes think irrationally when it comes to targeting players. Its made him unrealistic and has made him think he can just get any player he wants. I have to say, he's not shown himself to be a very intelligent man thus far in his Man United tenure.

People need to stop blaming Moyes for our failures in the transfer market. He has hardly any control over our transfers.

He mostly handed in a list of players he would like and Woodwards been on it since then and has failed miserably. Woodwards should have moved faster with Thiago deal and he should never have taken Cesc serisously as he would never leave Barca right when he has chance to get the maximum playtime.

Arnie

They just joined Spurs you fruit.

Nice to see Dino Dave taking managerial tips from Brendan and throwing the fat mess in with Adnan for some reserve team conditioning.

Also, I take it Real won last night? What was the score?

Salazar

I've got to say, GHG, you've not come off as a remotely intelligent human being in your futbol-GAF posting career to date.

Mindreader shite in particular.

Showaddy

I'd agree with that aswell. Spurs are structured a lot better than Liverpool when you compare. They've had a brilliant wage scheme for years for example in comparison to Liverpool whom have just recently been adapting it amist the fallout from the Hicks and Gillete ownership.

I remember when we had Damien Comolli handling our transfers and wasted millions by paying 15 million+ for players like Bentley & Bent. Then Liverpool hired him and and he did the same with Carroll, Downing & Henderson to surprise of everyone expect Spur's fans.

Arnie

Because he's been told, eerily like the goons in this thread, that Liverpool won't be selling to Arsenal. It's the same message Wenger received months ago, before he abandoned all transfer plans to chase a magic bean.

Marca will report Suarez's situation. A Spanish club might come in for him. If the price is right we'll happily sell.

pappe

United always bid low first and then increase from there, so all this crazy conspiracy just bidding to please the fans is hilarious, do keep it up.

You bid £12m initally for RVP for pity's sake.

You bid for Cesc twice, nothing wrong with that. He says he doesn't want to move, fair enough. Everyone moves on. Do some of you mugs think United actually never wanted to sign Cesc and it was just for show? Lol.

The manager and fans really want us to sign Cesc but either the Glazers are not ready to shell money or we are just broke and unable to actually pay a players worth. Thats why we are low balling and hoping and when it goes tits up the management can hold their hands up and say atleast we tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom