• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
anyone else really sad they havent mentioned any improvement on online clubs in fifa 14, god damn theres so many problems :(
No monetary value in clubs for them, it's gonna be shit. There's always a lack of server quality between FIFA ultimate team and any other online modes. I don't even lag on FUT, vs anyone.

Clubs would be so enjoyable if the servers were better. Regardless it's still very fun.

Timu pls :)

#mufc spokesperson on Fabregas:"We appreciate Cesc is a contracted player at Barcelona, completely respect everything Cesc has said today"

Jokes

ieGhcuGXavcGn.gif

K1LLER7

Cesc.

Cringe.
Moysey and Woodward need to have a meeting.

Go for targets that are attainable.

Would love players like Cesc and Modric but they are very unlikely to move.

Before this Rooney crap started, i would have thought Fellani in would be a good buy and would improve our team. There wouldn't need to be much else added apart from back-up in midfield/wings.

Now we need a top replacement for Rooney and can't think of anyone we could buy.

dc89

Just seen Cesc commenting in the press conference. That was United's DDR moment.
It hurts UnitedGAF, I know. I can console you.

noal

Banned

Before this Rooney crap started, i would have thought Fellani in would be a good buy and would improve our team. There wouldn't need to be much else added apart from back-up in midfield/wings.

Now we need a top replacement for Rooney and can't think of anyone we could buy.

Agree. We need to stop messing about now and just get a couple of players in who we might actually have a chance of signing.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Just seen Cesc commenting in the press conference. That was United's DDR moment.

I still prefer our method to yours

throwing_darts_blind.jpg

Meier

Yeah, that was what I likened it to on Twitter the other day once the press conference was announced.

Really hopeful about Willian.. would be an amazing signing. Gotta ship out Nasri and/or Sinclair first though. Sports Direct ran some quotes from Pardew about their lack of English players.. would be a solid signing for them.

dc89

Yeah, that was what I likened it to on Twitter the other day once the press conference was announced.

Really hopeful about Willian.. would be an amazing signing. Gotta ship out Nasri and/or Sinclair first though. Sports Direct ran some quotes from Pardew about their lack of English players.. would be a solid signing for them.

Do you want Nasri to go? If so where to?

jesalr

So Perez apparently doesn't talk about players from other clubs. Nice of him.

You're not getting Bale you rickity old Spanish git.

dc89

SSN just showed some footage of a number of league managers arriving at Old Trafford (I guess for a LMA meeting?!). Damn, Pellegrini made Moyes and Rodgers look scruffy beggars. Nawty suit.

LOL Milan. CSKA president said they won't sell Honda to Milan at any price at this point based on moral grounds, since Milan have been massive cunts throughout the whole process.

Meier

Do you want Nasri to go? If so where to?

Think the only real options would be Monaco or PSG. They were supposedly interested since they really are lacking in terms of French stars. I'd be okay giving him another shot but I like the idea of Ferna and Willian linking back up more than the idea of giving Nasri another chance.

LOL Milan. CSKA president said they won't sell Honda to Milan at any price at this point based on moral grounds, since Milan have been massive cunts throughout the whole process.

Yeah we've been massive cunts by constantly raising our bid while CSKA refuses to budge a penny. What's wrong with that guy?

Oh well, we will get him for free and Saponara gets to play more often in the first half of the season. No harm done really, as long as Honda remains healthy during the first half of the season. It will suck not having him for the CL knock-out rounds but we aren't going much farther than the round of 16 anyway.

Yeah we've been massive cunts by constantly raising our bid while CSKA refuses to budge a penny. What's wrong with that guy?

Oh well, we will get him for free and Saponara gets to play more often in the first half of the season. No harm done really. It will suck not having Honda for the CL but we aren't going much farther than the round of 16 anyway.
He said he wasn't pleased that you guys were talking to Honda already over a year ago when you weren't allowed to.

Raising your bid isn't hard when he said your bid on July first was a loan of one of your reserve players, lol.

He legitimately sounds offended in this interview.

Meier

Oh well, we will get him for free and Saponara gets to play more often in the first half of the season. No harm done really, as long as Honda remains healthy during the first half of the season. It will suck not having him for the CL knock-out rounds but we aren't going much farther than the round of 16 anyway.

Soooo much public talk about it. Galliani saying something about him being his gift to fans, etc. I don't disagree with CSKA's guy. Honestly, if all they'll get is a few million, it isn't worth selling.. let him help you for the remainder of his deal in that situation.

Meier

City apparently bringing a young Mexican kid from Chivas in on a week-long trial. The next Chicharito perhaps?!
Mexican youth international Kevin Ramirez has been handed a trial by Manchester City.

The 15-year-old is already currently in England, featuring in the prestigious Manchester United Premier Cup with his club side Chivas.

But instead of travelling back to North America - he will remain in England and link up with City next week.

"After a great tournament in Mexico, Dennis (te Kloese, Chivas sporting president) talked with me and told me about the opportunity (to go to Manchester City), and I am grateful to the directors and the entire institution for this opportunity," he told Chivas' website.

"This is what you dream of as a child and you never imagine that you will get this chance at a young age.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8860728?

Also, more from Sports Direct News on Newcastle going in for Sinclair -- an exclusive!
Newcastle United are preparing to beat West Bromwich Albion to Manchester City winger Scott Sinclair with a £5 million bid.

Sinclair looked certain to go to Albion this week on a season-long loan at The Hawthorns. But the former Swansea winger wants a permanent move - and the Baggies can only offer him a loan. That could now let in Newcastle boss Alan Pardew, who is monitoring the situation. Manchester City want to recoup the £6m they paid Swansea for Sinclair last year. But they could be prepared to negotiate if it means getting the player off their books.
http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/pre...tle-transfer-news-club-ready-sinclair-bid.php

Moyes and Woodward had a meeting and thought Fabregas was a good idea.

This is worse than we realised.

Now that Perez is getting cold feet over GB11 we should dig out that Ronaldo money and go for it. STATEMENT.

ShogunX

So have UTD signed anyone yet?

Cesc?

Fellaini?

Baines?

Been in bed feeling like shit most of the day. I see everybody's favourite bucked tooth Uruguayan twat has opened his mouth again.

Rob Harris ‏@RobHarris 2m
Blackpool's Tom Ince banned for 2 matches by FA for abusive gesture towards match official in Monday's game at Preston

Things going well for Tom better than Zaha and as good as Sterling Ince.

He should of taken the move to Cardiff. His Dad is a shit manager and his career could well stagnate.

dc89

Think the only real options would be Monaco or PSG. They were supposedly interested since they really are lacking in terms of French stars. I'd be okay giving him another shot but I like the idea of Ferna and Willian linking back up more than the idea of giving Nasri another chance.

Hnnnng. You're selling me on the idea. It could be so good.

bjaelke

"I don't feel that (these are his last days at the club). I'm still enjoying being at Liverpool and the moments I'm experiencing with this club.
"I'll remember the day of my debut, and that I came here from Ajax with great expectations and then played some unforgettable games."
ixQdrsJ.gif

"The Liverpool fans are incredible. I'm very grateful for their support," he said.
"I'm very proud to feel their love and it demonstrates that I'm doing a good job."
I-dont-believe-you.gif

On a completely unrelated note...anyone else excited for Anchorman 2?

Meier

Hnnnng. You're selling me on the idea. It could be so good.

Seems like Sinclair is on his way out for sure, so it might be that he'd be more of a "replacement" for him, but we shall see. Probably won't pan out in the end.

This new German U21 team looks interesting:

Leno
Durm-Ginter-Rüdiger-Plattenhardt
Can-Goretzka
Hofmann-Leitner-Bittencourt
Volland

Dat BVB attacking midfield

faridmon

Holy hell. Sony have gone third party :p

Pretty funny that is.

On another Note, LCD Soundsystem is still fucking awesome. Can't get enough of them.

Seems like Sinclair is on his way out for sure, so it might be that he'd be more of a "replacement" for him, but we shall see. Probably won't pan out in the end.
Hey, saw you listening to Jagwar Ma Earlier on lats fm, What do you think?

Personally, I think its one of the best records this year.

pulga

Banned
So Fabregas publicly told United to fuck off? Does this surprise anyone? United were fucking mental to go after him!

So Bernard is officially a Shaktar player, the list of Bale replacements is getting awfully short.

Don't worry, we'll probably ship Angelito your way.

Don't you have a Bale clone anyway?

PAVEL NEDVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

Hnnngggggg

Vincere non è importante, è l'unica cosa che conta

Meier

Hey, saw you listening to Jagwar Ma Earlier on lats fm, What do you think?

Personally, I think its one of the best records this year.

Great record! I think I'd been avoiding it due to the goofy name but I really liked it. Did not realize the main dude had done production for Foals.. would have tried it earlier. Listening to that Alela Diane chick now thanks to the recco in this thread.

Can't wait for Anchorman 2. Original still one of my all time fave comedies.

Meier

The downside to Arsenal and United's amusing transfer windows is that the thread has been sloooow when games aren't on lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom