• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
FOOTYGAF

YOUR NEW CHAMPION

BEHOLD SLEEPLESS

I destroyed your old champion but he couldn't take it.

Quitters has no place between us

T7BVEW3.jpg

Excuses excuses

Barzul

My belief is that if Suarez to Arsenal was truly over, JW Henry wouldn't be giving that interview, Rodgers would or there would be no need for an interview at all. Why does the club owner need to speak on it? You don't see Roman or Kroenke or the Glazers commenting on transfers. I expect a few more twists in this transfer. Next step is obviously a transfer request from Suarez. Liverpool fans will obviously disagree with my POV, but we'll see. It's not over as far I'm concerned. Afcamden actually said that Kroenke and Henry are speaking as Arsenal does not want any animosity between us and Liverpool. We've been graceful as far this transfer goes. We didn't leak the bid, Liverpool did. Rodgers has been the one talking about the bid every chance he gets. John Henry asked us what we're smoking at the Emirates and Suarez himself gave the interviews, without explicitly mentioning Arsenal I might add. The only time Wenger spoke about this transfer is to confirm we bid after the media uproar and to say the deal is on hold.

Next step is obviously a transfer request from Suarez.

Serious question, what difference would that even make? We already know he doesn't want to be here and he wants us to sell him. Requesting it in writing doesn't seem like it will be some sort of royal flush that will finally destroy our resolve. He's already started the backtracking, hasn't he?

Though to be honest, the wording of what Henry said was too strong for us to sell him now, I think. He talked about how there's no time now to get an adequate replacement in, to me that's not the sort of thing you say when you're still open to selling your star player. He'd be lambasted if we sold our best player after saying we can't possibly get a replacement in.

rodvik

Serious question, what difference would that even make? We already know he doesn't want to be here and he wants us to sell him. Requesting it in writing doesn't seem like it will be some sort of royal flush that will finally destroy our resolve. He's already started the backtracking, hasn't he?

Though to be honest, the wording of what Henry said was too strong for us to sell him now, I think. He talked about how there's no time now to get an adequate replacement in, to me that's not the sort of thing you say when you're still open to selling your star player. He'd be lambasted if we sold our best player after saying we can't possibly get a replacement in.

I think it makes a difference money wise. He forgoes bonuses etc which considering he signed a new deal next year are likely to be significant.

While I was not happy Benteke did it, at least he had the balls to, Suarez just seems to want to keep his money and whine to the press about leaving, which is pretty shameful imho.

bjaelke

My belief is that if Suarez to Arsenal was truly over, JW Henry wouldn't be giving that interview, Rodgers would or there would be no need for an interview at all. Why does the club owner need to speak on it? You don't see Roman or Kroenke or the Glazers commenting on transfers. I expect a few more twists in this transfer. Next step is obviously a transfer request from Suarez. Liverpool fans will obviously disagree with my POV, but we'll see. It's not over as far I'm concerned. Afcamden actually said that Kroenke and Henry are speaking as Arsenal does not want any animosity between us and Liverpool. We've been graceful as far this transfer goes. We didn't leak the bid, Liverpool did. Rodgers has been the one talking about the bid every chance he gets. John Henry asked us what we're smoking at the Emirates and Suarez himself gave the interviews, without explicitly mentioning Arsenal I might add. The only time Wenger spoke about this transfer is to confirm we bid after the media uproar and to say the deal is on hold.

Driving up price. Old man Wenger is sitting on a pile of money. Break the bank or go home.

pU0Np1.gif

Lightning

Banned
And ye shall overpay to the tune of 50 million bones. And it shall be glorious.
I'd gladly take him for 50m.

Back of my mind he concerns me though. He has put Liverpool through so much shit and acted like a complete cunt in this window one just knows that in a year or two we will be next and he will shit on us. And that is if we get him which is looking very unlikely.

4.5 hrs before we find out who we play? Please don't be Fenerbahce

Owners want to change the name from Hull City to Hull City Tigers and to also have them known as Hull Tigers.

Edit: Beaten by 2 posts. Damnit.

bjaelke

Anyone know how many hours it is until the CL playoff draw?

4.5 hrs before we find out who we play? Please don't be Fenerbahce

It's at 11:45 CET.

3 hours from now.

All ten teams in the champions route, drawn at 11.45CET, came through the third qualifying round. Five teams enter the league route 15 minutes later – Arsenal FC, AC Milan, FC Schalke 04, Real Sociedad de Fútbol and FC Paços de Ferreira – alongside five qualifiers.

UEFA Champions League play-off round draw lineup

League route
Arsenal FC (ENG)
Olympique Lyonnais (FRA)
AC Milan (ITA)
FC Schalke 04 (GER)
FC Zenit St Petersburg (RUS)
PSV Eindhoven (NED)
FC Metalist Kharkiv (UKR)
Fenerbahçe SK (TUR)
Real Sociedad de Fútbol (ESP)
FC Paços de Ferreira (POR)

Champions route
FC Basel 1893 (SUI)
Celtic FC (SCO)
FC Steaua Bucureşti (ROU)
FC Viktoria Plzeň (CZE)
GNK Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)
FK Austria Wien (AUT)
Legia Warszawa (POL)
NK Maribor (SVN)
PFC Ludogorets Razgrad (BUL)
FC Shakhter Karagandy (KAZ)

jtb

Banned
Players shit on us anyways. If we're only getting him on loan for two seasons before shipping him off to Madrid or City, I can live with that. It's nice that this is the first season without a major transfer saga surrounding our best player in a long long time, but that's only because the standard has fallen so far. I'll take great player + destabilizing transfer sagas over mediocre players + stability any day.

Lightning

Banned
Only 3hrs? Sweet. Not as long for me to wait.

Hopefully easy opponent so we can focus on our league games.

Players shit on us anyways. If we're only getting him on loan for two seasons before shipping him off to Madrid or City, I can live with that. It's nice that this is the first season without a major transfer saga surrounding our best player in a long long time, but that's only because the standard has fallen so far. I'll take great player + destabilizing transfer sagas over mediocre players + stability any day.
Suarez is a special kind of issue though. He would be a proper prick to have around unmotivated. Despite his awesomweness on the pitch it would be hard to get success with him being such a cunt off the pitch.

League route
Arsenal FC (ENG)
Olympique Lyonnais (FRA)
AC Milan (ITA)
FC Schalke 04 (GER)
FC Zenit St Petersburg (RUS)
PSV Eindhoven (NED)
FC Metalist Kharkiv (UKR)
Fenerbahçe SK (TUR)
Real Sociedad de Fútbol (ESP)
FC Paços de Ferreira (POR)

Champions route
FC Basel 1893 (SUI)
Celtic FC (SCO)
FC Steaua Bucureşti (ROU)
FC Viktoria Plzeň (CZE)
GNK Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)
FK Austria Wien (AUT)
Legia Warszawa (POL)
NK Maribor (SVN)
PFC Ludogorets Razgrad (BUL)
FC Shakhter Karagandy (KAZ)

look at all those awful teams. i want Paços to play Arsenal, is that possible?

49 work hours til the start of the real season

OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Still not sure when to phone BT up and throw another £12 down the drain every month

Arnie

Have to go into work and I'm still drunk.

Oh no.
Yet you make me seem sober.

hull city changing ther name to hull city tigers just makes them more irrelevent me thinks, sounds like mls team or australian league team,

something like HULL ATHLETIC or KINGSTON HULL doesnt even sound soo bad

one thing i love about english football is... every town has fans.

dc89

:D

---

I got Thomas Was Alone and Guacamelee on my Vita last night. Got damn, both really good games for many different reasons.

Thomas Was Alone was less than £3. It's currently £5.99 on Steam. Vita has exclusive DLC too and if you buy that, you still come in at under £5.99.

jim-carey-its-alive-o.gif

:D

---

I got Thomas Was Alone and Guacamelee on my Vita last night. Got damn, both really good games for many different reasons.

Thomas Was Alone was less than £3. It's currently £5.99 on Steam. Vita has exclusive DLC too and if you buy that, you still come in at under £5.99.

jim-carey-its-alive-o.gif

Why didn;t you purchase Thomas Was Alone when it was free on PS+?

I didn;t really get into it, played it for 30 minutes or so before remembering that I don't really like sidescrolling puzzle-platformers :p

Gonna get Guacamelee eventually I think. Does it have online, cross-play co-op?

dc89

Why didn;t you purchase Thomas Was Alone when it was free on PS+?

I didn;t really get into it, played it for 30 minutes or so before remembering that I don't really like sidescrolling puzzle-platformers :p

Gonna get Guacamelee eventually I think. Does it have online, cross-play co-op?

:O when was it free?! I've only had PS+ for the past 2 months or so.

And I'm not sure on the Guacamelee cross play front. It doesn't appear to have online or co-op, but it's still really cool so far. The music, the art.

:O when was it free?! I've only had PS+ for the past 2 months or so.

And I'm not sure on the Guacamelee cross play front. It doesn't appear to have online or co-op, but it's still really cool so far. The music, the art.

Ah, it was up on April 24th, so probably came off sometime in May

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom