• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this old?
pepdance1imeo.gif

Wilbur

Banned
So we just ignore his earlier achievements? Ligas, CLs with Madrid?

No, but I don't think he'd be eleventh on the list without the WC and Euros, and certainly not fifth. And I'm not ignoring it, but he's fortunate to have a group of players so impressively coached by Barcelona. He's at an advantage in national football where the majority of players are coming from all over the place, meeting once every two months and are expected to have team chemistry; Spain had seven, eight team members that see each other every day in training. It certainly wasn't a level playing field.

pulga

Banned
No, but I don't think he'd be eleventh on the list without the WC and Euros, and certainly not fifth. And I'm not ignoring it, but he's fortunate to have a group of players so impressively coached by Barcelona. He's at an advantage in national football where the majority of players are coming from all over the place, meeting once every two months and are expected to have team chemistry; Spain had seven, eight team members that see each other every day in training. It certainly wasn't a level playing field.

Cant hate on that

1_Ital-Juve.jpg

Linius

Meier, was still wondering. What exactly made that guy from the Holi fest pic look like Wooden to you? He's bald ffs :p

Meier

i haven't stopped laughing for about 94 seconds

BRLWAN3CUAAgMZw.png

The Screech one is hilarious. All of these that you've posted are super goofy but they're worth a smile.

Meier, was still wondering. What exactly made that guy from the Holi fest pic look like Wooden to you? He's bald ffs :p

His face! He's a dead ringer in terms of head shape I guess. Plus, Wooden wears aviators a lot. Honestly, put the two next to each other (images of them) and you'd notice an immediately similarity IMO. Maybe it's just one pic of Wooden in particular, but it struck a chord for me at least.

Linius

His face! He's a dead ringer in terms of head shape I guess. Plus, Wooden wears aviators a lot. Honestly, put the two next to each other (images of them) and you'd notice an immediately similarity IMO. Maybe it's just one pic of Wooden in particular, but it struck a chord for me at least.

Lol, Wooden said just that about the aviators. The other guy is only wondering who Wooden is, I had to tell him he's another Gaffer :p

Meier

That looks awesome! Do you just run around and people spray shit on you?

Not too sure to be honest. Seems like there is one here in Austin in September.. it's a 5k apparently. They apparently offered to spray you down at the end and that's why he's getting hosed down -- they don't do that part during the race. It looks like they use the same kind of chalk or whatever that they do in holi festivals though.

Barzul

I believed the Suarez deal might be over after seeing JW Henrys comments today, pretty confident it's still on. It'll take a >45m pound bid for it to happen though. The kicker was when he said they wouldn't sell to a foreign club. Posturing of the highest order. Besides didn't he say similar stuff with Torres? It's between Arsenal and RM now, and I'd say it's about time for Kroenke to finally make himself useful, it didn't slip my notice that JW mentioned him in the interview.

JWong

Banned
Well clearly Conte is #1 and Mancini is #2?

But seriously, what a fucking terrible list. Lippi should be way WAY higher, he won the World Cup AND the CL yo.

No, Vicente del Bosque doesn't count because let's be honest, what the fuck did he do besides picking Barca's best XI? WC-Lippi used a different formation in every single game to counter the opponent.

Helenio Herrera LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Nope, #1 is Steve Kean. =3

Showaddy

Wow, £8m? That's more than the rumoured price. I don't think we could have found a buyer if his ex-manager wasn't at Roma.

Roma must have been convinced they could get his Lille form out of him and that his laughable finishing was all Arsenal's fault...

Roma must have been convinced they could get his Lille form out of him and that his laughable finishing was all Arsenal's fault...

Well Arshavin has been looking surprisingly good this season so far for Zenit...

Damn Wenger, ruining players! Gervinho for Ballon D'Or 2013/14!

I believed the Suarez deal might be over after seeing JW Henrys comments today, pretty confident it's still on. It'll take a >45m pound bid for it to happen though. The kicker was when he said they wouldn't sell to a foreign club. Posturing of the highest order. Besides didn't he say similar stuff with Torres? It's between Arsenal and RM now, and I'd say it's about time for Kroenke to finally make himself useful, it didn't slip my notice that JW mentioned him in the interview.
Usho meets his match.

CrunchyB

Yeah, I have to admit most of the lower tier clubs who reach Europe got worse the past seasons. Twente is busy with a rebuild so I don't expect too much from them this year.

I'm not expecting much of Twente either.

because they didn't even qualify this year

jtb

Banned
I think Gervinho's a lot like Chamakh (okay, probably a better player, but still)—they're not bad players, just limited/lopsided. Oh and they're both absolutely terrible finishers. But then Wenger shouldn't play them in positions where the team is relying on them to be scoring the team's chances. Plus, Gervinho never really had a chance to settle in his first season, and his second season got off to the wrong start when Wenger saw him as the rightful heir to Henry and once he lost faith in him (as a striker, no less, not even as a winger), he was never really a regular in the team.

He could have had his uses and I genuinely think there is a good (or at least useful) player that could have easily done a job for most of the teams in the Premier League, or in any league really. But Wenger's too stubborn to build his system around the players he has (or to be flexible and try different systems), so he tries to shoehorn players into a broken system where they'll never succeed.

Basically I blame Wenger.

Having said that, we are very lucky to get 8m for him :lol

Feorax

@bbcsport_david: Understand #afc did not make offer for Higuain. Agreed personal terms but put deal on hold to prioritise Suarez, Napoli pounced #bbcfootball

Loooooool! What the fuck Arsenal?!

CrunchyB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom