• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 | OT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvy

Banned
MSC Crociere, eh? Fitting, considering Benfica's last season and how Napoli's current one will end.

concordia-3.jpg

13663478666863xk4b.gif

Linius

UEFA Champions League play-off round draw lineup

League route
Arsenal FC (ENG)
Olympique Lyonnais (FRA)
AC Milan (ITA)
FC Schalke 04 (GER)
FC Zenit St Petersburg (RUS)
PSV Eindhoven (NED)
FC Metalist Kharkiv (UKR)
Fenerbahçe SK (TUR)
Real Sociedad de Fútbol (ESP)
FC Paços de Ferreira (POR)

Champions route
FC Basel 1893 (SUI)
Celtic FC (SCO)
FC Steaua Bucureşti (ROU)
FC Viktoria Plzeň (CZE)
GNK Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)
FK Austria Wien (AUT)
Legia Warszawa (POL)
NK Maribor (SVN)
PFC Ludogorets Razgrad (BUL)
FC Shakhter Karagandy (KAZ)

It's still kinda shitty they seperated champions from non champions. There are a lot of teams in this list PSV could beat but since they can only draw opponents from the big leagues (except for Russia/France)) it's gonna be tough. They should just throw the whole bunch of them together and divide them in half by coefficent points and see what happens.

pappe

It's still kinda shitty they seperated champions from non champions. There are a lot of teams in this list PSV could beat but since they can only draw opponents from the big leagues (except for Russia/France)) it's gonna be tough. They should just throw the whole bunch of them together and divide them in half by coefficent points and see what happens.

that'd be really unfair for teams winning lower leagues. They would never be able to get to the UCL group stages and never really be able to improve.

LegoArmo

To be fair, it's the Champions League, there should be as many Champions in it as possible, but you can't really argue that when there's countries where 3 teams qualify automatically. Hmm.

Linius

that'd be really unfair for teams winning lower leagues. They would never be able to get to the UCL group stages and never really be able to improve.

No it's fair Dutch teams can only face opponents we can never beat? Ajax has been the last club to make it to the CL this route because we got lucky and drawed Dinamo Kiev.

To be fair, it's the Champions League, there should be as many Champions in it as possible, but you can't really argue that when there's countries where 3 teams qualify automatically. Hmm.

Yeah, best thing is they rebuild the whole tourney back to the old days. Just champions. Now in the end it's still a boring tournament. Surprises won't happen. You know that from the last 8 clubs in this tourney at least 6 or 7 will be from either Spain, England, Germany or Italy. Well maybe now they have two money spending clubs in France PSG and Monaco can become a factor in this party.

Irminsul

Fuck, I just realized 90Elf doesn't exist anymore, so I'll have to use the (presumably) shitty new internet radio of Sport1. Fuck.
At least the commentators are mainly the same, as they switched when Sport1 got the rights for Internet radio. So there shouldn't be a huge difference.

Bumhead

Banned
Hull City Tigers.

Jesus Christ I hate football sometimes.

Sounds like some mickey mouse American franchise, which I suppose is the idea. I mean sod the history and the fans and the local community if you can sell some fucking bed sheets in the states or in the East.

DominoKid

Hull City Tigers.

Sounds like some mickey mouse American franchise, which I suppose is the idea. I mean sod the history and the fans and the local community if you can sell some fucking bed sheets in the states or in the East.

have to be good for that to happen.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Our possible Europa opponents:

JK Nõmme Kalju (EST), FC Thun (SUI), FC Pasching (AUT), FC Dinamo Tbilisi (GEO), FC Astra (ROU) or FC Slovan Liberec (CZE)

Please not Tblisi.

Linius

Hull City Tigers.

What a terrible name. Inspired by clubs in the states, yeah these are already the worst :p

What would other teams be called if they went the Hull Tigers route?
Some obvious ones are:

The Arsenal Gunners
The Manchester Devils
The Palace Eagles

What about some of the less obvious ones?

The Fulham Cottagers?
The Tottenham Cockerels?

pappe

Maya Yoshida on Japan Fifa 14 cover.

http://s10.postimg.org/9liwxs2s9/1150208_636931966320027_64935368_n.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Kagawa am cry :'(

[QUOTE]The Arsenal Gunners
The Manchester Devils
The Palace Eagles
The Fulham Cottagers?
The Tottenham Cockerels?

Southampton Saints.
Newcastle Magpies.[/QUOTE]

PES should name their teams like this.

spidye

Because I'm certainly not gonna spend money on Sky to watch it live and since I live close to university I have to go to town to watch it in a bar, not that there are too many (decent ones) where I could watch the matches.

Of course the Bayern match tonight is one I can watch as it's on free-TV.

oh you meant generally. I thought you talked about the bayern game today.
sorry, brain fart

Linius

If I see those EL seedings it would be pretty damn sad if AZ and Feyenoord won't make it. Can't say I even know any of those clubs they can draw except for Petrolul and Zulte.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom